• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return Of Rochester Results 10/24 VIDS ARE UP!

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I could tell you some simple ones, but that'd be too easy. I know how to gimp Ike more than anyone, lol.
Well, you can always just jump off and block the quick draw, if you don't mind the %. Forget if he passes you in the air if you airdodge it.
Moves that push + cause input lag (pkt1 lucas) and force an out-of-place aether are also delicious.
Uhm, that's most of what I got.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

VIDEOS

Melee Doubles

Winners Finals
JesiahTEG/KoJ Vs TheGeneral/Minh
Match 1
Match 2
Matdh 3
Match 4

Losers Semi-Finals Cura/Goodies Vs KIDGoggles/PinPoint
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Losers Finals KIDGoggles/PinPoint Vs TheGeneral/Minh
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4

Grand Finals JesiahTEG/Koj Vs KIDGoggles/ PinPoint
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Any body else see the problem here, and no, im not throwing my second place finish in everyones faces for the umpteenth time.

Shiri

Smash Chump
I already bought some replacements, so you don't need to worry about them much anymore.
Thanks for looking =)
:yoshi: Wow.

No, but for real, you can just give those cables to me, Jesse.

Thanks in advance~ <3

P.S. - You need to AIM me very soon, it's kinda important but not really.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Well, you can always just jump off and block the quick draw, if you don't mind the %. Forget if he passes you in the air if you airdodge it.
Moves that push + cause input lag (pkt1 lucas) and force an out-of-place aether are also delicious.
Uhm, that's most of what I got.
There's more you can do. Besides, most [good-decent] Ike mains would avoid using QD as recovery option unless they're desperate or the situation calls for it.

Speed hugging to gimp aether, if the Ike player lands on the stage, there's some landing lag to punish right there.

Then there's also attacks that send characters flying at a bad recovery angle such as Zelda's Dsmash.

Characters with reflective gear such as Mario's cape or Pit's Mirror Shield.

There's more that can be done.

Artery_Clogger

Smash Apprentice
I never did shoutouts...I just recovered from being sick and I still don't feel like doing them, so meh. I'll just say that the tourney was fun and I'll see everyone at the next one or something. Oh, and I'm glad other people are feeling better too.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
There's more you can do. Besides, most [good-decent] Ike mains would avoid using QD as recovery option unless they're desperate or the situation calls for it.

Speed hugging to gimp aether, if the Ike player lands on the stage, there's some landing lag to punish right there.

Then there's also attacks that send characters flying at a bad recovery angle such as Zelda's Dsmash.

Characters with reflective gear such as Mario's cape or Pit's Mirror Shield.

There's more that can be done.
But I'd say your options are pretty character-dependent. Speed hugging, even, generally has a max rate to your character, and whether you can capitalize on that from a forced stage landing is dependent on character.

-Not that this is an Ike matchup thread.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, I want to leave my shoutouts

San- You haven't failed me. I've learned alot from facing you, and I picked up key things to do that I've been neglecting. Also, observing you how you dealt with the matchups that normally gave me trouble helped a lot as well.

XXX- Good Wario, I have to work on the match-up to have a better feel for it.

Goggles- Next time arrive on time so we won't have to leave as late lol, but killer Sonic, not saying anything about your MK though >.>

Eevee and Air- It was fun playing friendlies with the both of you, sorry Eevee that I'm horrid in terms of doubles

CBC- I'll play you on campus when you're actually in the mood for playing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
cus nobody wants to put in the effort.

speaking of.

if people are gonna want me to do what I said i was gonna do (run a tourney the first week of dec. i need to know a couple of things.

1. is everyone going to come again?

2. do you mind doing it in jesses apartment again?
2a. subsequently, if the answer is no, do you know of any substitute places where we could have a tourney. (yes I know about cyberstorm, but thats not optimal, since its going to be a 10$ venue fee at the minimum.)
2b. subsequently, if you dont want to do it at jesses place, do you mind throw a bit more money (5) in for a venue fee. cause, im considering asking my parents to use my house for a tourney while they are gone or something. (pretty low odds) but if I did that, and for pretty much any other place we'd need to pay a bit extra for the venue fee.

Foy

Smash Champion
Ill be up for everything up there and ill hype it and say im the best in WNY and will steal everyones money in both events.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
+5$ on venue fee isn't huge given that the entry fee was fairly low. Seems like you'd have an easy time keeping it low, too, if we have the full crowd from last time; given that you've hosting experience and know what to do after last time, I think that'd be fine...

Basically, +5$ to someone who knows he's losing it (after just a few rounds, I'd wager, lol,) doesn't seem too bad. Specially if it's for breathing room. Jesse's house was fine, and I wouldn't mind a tourney there again, either, but I'd be comfortable with longer tourney time at a bigger place, too.

-Get the opinion of the big-time people that go to these more regularly though.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
All the videos i have are up on the first page. Melee and some Brawl. All the other brawl was lost with Cross's SD card. Sorry it took me so long to get them up with the sickness and halloween and rent and such ive been busy! All the videos are up now So go have a look!

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
All the videos i have are up on the first page. Melee and some Brawl. All the other brawl was lost with Cross's SD card. Sorry it took me so long to get them up with the sickness and halloween and rent and such ive been busy! All the videos are up now So go have a look!
I thought it was recording pretty much non-stop for melee. Sets I know that should be there are my second set vs Marx, my set vs TheManaLord, my set vs PikaPika!, and the first (or second?) set of JesiahTEG vs PikaPika!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
we'll do better at the next one.

its gonna be a two day event in the first weekend of december btw. thread should be up by the end of the weekend.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well The recording wasnt fully through melee it was stopped sometime idk when all i have is a fox vs shiek match 1st match and it doesnt finish that where it ends i believe its Marx vs Beta. im not sure but the recording was stopped to be set up for brawl however it wasnt used due to the fact people had hacked wiis

Foy

Smash Champion
Gaia use Vdub instead of Sony whatever. And First week of December sounds ****ing amazing. Ill be there for it.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
hacked wiis, that got corrupted....

thanks cross, you suck...
=P
Twas not the wii that was corrupt. Twas the SD card. And it wasn't my card at that, it was CBC's, the care of the SD card was his responsibility till I recieved it. It was corrupt, therefore it was CBC's fault >_>

Top Bottom