• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return Of Rochester Results 10/24 VIDS ARE UP!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Dang, everyone's sick! Hope you guys feel better. Somehow, I did not get sick, -_- I did get a bad case of sleep deprivation, though.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I know it's just my crappy immune system from chronic lack of sleep. I feel somewhat better for a few hours now after getting good sleep, and as a result my anger diminished.

Thanks for the concern :)
Yea, Kid got what I said right. I didn't come sick, I'm just certain I had no chance of LEAVING without catching something cuz there were so many people there. Too easy to catch junk.

-As for what it is people got, I've probably got the flu of some sorts, hit like a truck. Dizzy all the time, dry/mucus throat, headaches, chills...
I've had to get my teachers to let me off the hook most of this week, cuz I've literally not left the apartment in over 48 hours now. @_@

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Sry I didn't give shoutouts earlier since I've been busy most of this week. Thanks to all for showing up, helped with setup and transportation. Special thanks go to Jesse/Sam for letting us use their apartment as a venue, Cura for teaming with me, Buffalo/Syracuse/RIT smashers, TML for not jinxing the participation rate and Goggles for hosting an awesome tourney. Also gratz to all winners and thanks to San for giving me the most entertaining Brawl match to watch not on youtube. I'll think I'll enter the next tourney and knock you out lol. I'll update shoutouts later. I still have quite a lot of work to get done.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
She loves PB and Js. I remember helping you out with that, haha
Hell yaaaa. I saved a lot of money eatin' them PB&Js. Somethin' that OMGh4x taught me.

TY for helping me make them sammies. Sorry I couldn't offer you any. :c

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
As you can see, I definitely need other people in the brawl club to rep Cornell Melee lol

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Since goodies is doing his late I think I can too.

The General: Thanks for all the friendlys, the way you hold your controller is freaking baddass. Your so ****ing fast with your Float canceled nairs.
Pinpoint: I actually like this name better then RTF cause your a sniper with them turnups. Great matches. Were all lucky melee didnt start at 6AM.
Goodies: thanks for all the friendlys before the tourney. Good **** in doubles. Seriously all the peach players are mad cool.
Soma Ghost: Good matchs, Keep it up its hard playing Non Top-High tiers. Link has alot of bad matchups and sheik is one of em
KoJ: I think we only played Dubz, but regardless those after hours doubles were ****ing Fun as hell
TheManaLord: Dont stop maining falcon. Every community needs a Falcon main, and you fit the spot perfectly. Lol @ 270$ money match.
Marx: Ya wooped me good man. Good matches. Imma work on my fox game and get ya next time!
Goggles: Dont let all these people get to ya the tourney rocked. While having a official venue is cool and all, This tourney had a more community feel and I'd choose that one everytime.
Erk: Uhhg we got last again, and we tied with the team that didnt show up T_T. O well will get em next time
Cura: You were mad good despite rustiness. We have got to have some syracuse melee you me and erk, and soon.
Jesse: Thanks again for letting me and erk stay at your place. That late night teams was cool as hell

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone find a green 3rd party GameCube memory card? It was in a silver GameCube in Jesse's room and it's gone missing. Help a brother out.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Please don't hate me for what I'm about to say, but I can't record the footage on the SD card. The SD card needs to be reformated, so you can guess what'll happen if I do so.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yo, if you have an SD card reader on your computer/laptop, just send me the files and I'll upload them. Besides, you can save the files to your computer, reformat the SD card, then put it back on your SD card o_O

:yoshi: That's what happens when you're Superman.

GO HOME NOBODY LIKES YOU STOP WINNING GEEZ

Also, I LOL'd pretty hard at "Typhoid Mary," ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL!
My home is in Rochester, so if you really want me to go back there that bad.. Ü

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Yo, if you have an SD card reader on your computer/laptop, just send me the files and I'll upload them. Besides, you can save the files to your computer, reformat the SD card, then put it back on your SD card o_O
I can't actually send you the files themselves because I can't access the SD card without having to reformat it first. So in the end, I couldnt record the footage after all.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok, so this is the first time I've posted in a few days because...I was not sick...No, no no. This was something else. I was deathly ill.

About 2 days ago at midnight, I started feeling sick. Then, at 2 AM, I started dying. It was the sickest I've ever been in my life.

I was sweating, my eyes were burning, I had a fever of god knows how high, my entire body was sore and aching like a mother ****er, and worst of all I was delirious. I literally couldn't tell if I was awake or not because everything was all fuzzy and I couldn't tell if I was awake and seeing things, or if I was sleeping and dreaming things.

I got in the shower once, and I stayed in for 2 hours and 30 minutes because, I couldn't move my muscles to get out. I literally could not get out of the shower. I almost went to the emergency room twice when I thought that if it got any worse my life would be in danger.

In a 48 hour time span, all I ate was some noodles from a can of chicken noodle soup. I drank some ****ty tea and some orange juice. I sent out weird texts to random people because I didn't know wtf I was doing.

That may be the last time I'm ever holding a tournament at my apartment again.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ive personally been on my couch since tuesday morning. I had a pitcher of water, a gallon of sunny D, some cold medicine, my asthma meds,a cool washcloth, a box of tissues, the tv remotes, and my computer on my folding tables next to my couch just so the only time i spent not on my couch since tuesday was to take a shower yesterday, and the numerous times I had to piss.

I also know that Cura has been very ill as well, and throwing up most of the food hes taken in in the last couple of days.

I whole heartedly apologise, and illness was the last thing that I foresaw, when planning this tournament, and you all have my word, that I will never force that many people into jesse's apartment again.

If anything, the next one would be at my house, its a lot larger, cleaner, and spacious and everything. I would just have to clear it with my parents.

also, @ steffon, the only videos that you should want to see (i.e. the ones jesse carried you to victory) are already up on the first post

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i can't believe this. what is this ****ing illness? has anyone gone to... THE DOCTORS? like. it sounds terrible. if you guys can't keep anything down it might be food poisoning or something... i've had really really really bad food poisoning that kept me feeling dead for days, no movement, extreme pain, etc.

i hope you guys feel better, but remember illnesses are totally temporary and during them you feel so so so bad... but once you emerge you'll feel good and in a few weeks time it'll be a distant memory.

i just want everyone to feel better so we can play smash bros =(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im already back to about 90%.

All I have now is 1 stuffy nostril and a bit of a tight chest/throat.

I put myself through hell when I was little, so my immune system is pretty strong.

And i cant speak for everyone but I dont have the money for insurance right now so I cant really go to the doctor, and I know im not the only one in this circumstance. But I know how to take care of myself from home. so im pretty much good already

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Dang, I avoided both swine flu and this, lol.
Hope you guys get better =)

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
****, It seriously sucks what happened to you guys. I Hope you all get better, specially you jesse, lack of Muscle strength is ****ing serious.

Its a little weird how the 5 dudes that slept in the living room arent sick, or atleast I havent seen em post about it.

PinPoint

Smash Apprentice
****, It seriously sucks what happened to you guys. I Hope you all get better, specially you jesse, lack of Muscle strength is ****ing serious.

Its a little weird how the 5 dudes that slept in the living room aren't sick, or at least I haven't seen em post about it.
That's so weird. I expected us to get it considering some of us stayed up till 7:30. At first I thought it was some local bug that out-of-towners were affected by, but that's not true. Did anyone else in Jesse's room that night get sick?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
BTW, My mind is cranking out some outlandish ways to gimp ike, and if they work out, I will be sharing them with everyone, cause you really do make it back on stage WAY too much.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I was sick as well from Sunday to Tuesday. I beasted my sickness in the end, however, like only The General could.

To all of you who are still sick, I hope you do get much better soon.

Poor Jessie :(

I know I didn't eat anything all day saturday or sunday, so I know I didn't get food poisoning but those of you that did it, maybe that was part of it. And then someone said they came to the tournament sick ( good job, man >( ), that may have been it, and maybe it was just the lack of ventilation like Kyle said.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
My wife was bed ridden for about three days starting Sunday, with a fever of almost 103, body aches and exhaustion. That sounds pretty much like what everyone is getting. I feel fine though:) . Growing up with a bunch of siblings will give you one hell of an immune system. Hope you all get better, but jesus jessiah! A good rule of thumb is if your so F***ed up you dont know whats going on, go to the hospital, or ateast take some meds to bring the fever down because that's what causes the acheing and if it's high enough the tripping out.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Sorry about how long its been taking for me to get the videos up i have been sick for the past week. Everything that i have should be up by friday night.

altairian

Smash Lord
I'm sure there were a lot of factors that contributed to people getting sick. My advice to Jesse moreso than anyone else, if you didn't, make sure you wash your sheets and **** cause there were tons of people sitting on your bed, you never know what could have gotten on there without anyone realizing they were spreading something.

I do hope everyone feels better soon, and hopefully you guys can come up with a larger venue so people aren't packed in so tight next time.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
just in case we happen to be unclear here.

Id still do it all again.

Id take more precautions and such, but id do it again with out a second thought.

EDIT
HOLY JESUS
everything that alt said, when i finally stop being sick, im contemplating just burning the sheets that ive been living in for the past 3 days.

i meant to remind you about that at the time but i totally spaced out.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Aww no. D=
Corrupted? Or something?
Which Wii was your SD card recording on? One of the ones in the main room, or the one in back?
EDIT: Meant fallentwilight's SD, hadn't read the whole topic at the time.

Shiri

Smash Chump
if you didn't, make sure you wash your sheets and **** cause there were tons of people sitting on your bed
:yoshi: Jesse, you didn't really let people sit on your bed, did you?

Cuz that's just disgusting. D:

FOR SHAME

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I guess he could have tilted it against the wall and cut off our ventilation to the outside, thus KILLING US ALL. It made space kinda awkward but it was cushy.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
BTW, My mind is cranking out some outlandish ways to gimp ike, and if they work out, I will be sharing them with everyone, cause you really do make it back on stage WAY too much.
I could tell you some simple ones, but that'd be too easy. I know how to gimp Ike more than anyone, lol.

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo so when i get back im thinking of having a smashfest at my house. But its in the middle of nowhere. So everyone should convince Rtf/Pinpoint to convince his bro to let us have a smashfest at his house.

Top Bottom