• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex/Impulse Circuit: Phoenix Saga 4 - Ann Arbor, MI *UPDATED*

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
How much does it cost to reserve that room for a few hours?

If its reasonable...I wouldn't making paying the extra money for the extra hype.

kd-

Smash Lord
In transitioning from the East Room to Chesebrough Auditorium, how did you not lose hype? Everyone wanted to watch and not play friendlies? Everyone was still excited after it took time to move stuff over, set it up and get it to work?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
There were still a few setups but most of the room was just interested in watching the last sets. It was incredibly hype. It was like being in a theatre minus the surround sound. It just kinda added this really cool "serious" element to it that made you want to sit down and enjoy the show.

And it's not often MI Brawl has so many out of state top level players come to us.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
shoutouts to whoever stole my castlevania keychain off my lanyard :'[ SO GRIMEY. I mean i appreciate the love for castlevania but cmon.

anyways shoutouts to gifts to being a good teammate <3 sorry i suck at teaming with anyone who isnt mk -.-

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
shoutouts to whoever stole my castlevania keychain off my lanyard :'[ SO GRIMEY. I mean i appreciate the love for castlevania but cmon.

anyways shoutouts to gifts to being a good teammate <3 sorry i suck at teaming with anyone who isnt mk -.-
Dont wotty about it Marco, we did fine haha. Beat people who we should have beat and lost to good teams.

:phone:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Super's Condensed Shoutouts + Johns

3: MJG - I was pulling for you in Loser's Finals. I like to see your Toon Link at work, but life is hard when your opponent has such a ranged reflector.
4: Toronto Joe - Thy will be done.
7. Delux - Yooo, this guy tried to MM me without saying who he was. Beat ya in Mario Dittos. Hoo hoo all day long.
7: Kain - What are you doing all the way down here, man?
9: Meekspeedy - Yeah, hold on, what are you doing down here too?
9: Azure Kenny - This man is beast at sleeping.
9: Keitaro - Yo, those doubles, man. Would have liked to play a few matches 1v1, though.
13: Sauc3 - I saw that Samus. Do work!
13: Zinoto - I've been to three Phoenix Sagas and we still haven't played. Next time+1.
17: Tech_Chase - Best tournament series, best TO in MI bar none.
17: Ori - WHERE DAT OLI AT? GET BODIED BY MARIO. Hey man, it was certainly chill hanging with you again. Car rides are legit, Bdubs is legit.
17: YoshQ - Nice Luigi. Next time you won't get so far, though. :mario2:
25: Sparta Kick - Wait, you placed the same as Panda?
25: SamuraiPanda - Wait, you placed the same as SK? 2008 goin' in!
25: Patches - Dat Canada status.
33: Xatic- Thanks for setting up the stream and handing me the mic so I have have horribly boring commentary. Thank god a Canadian came to save the day.
33: LordHelmet - Get that Falcon to Bracket Status. Sucks you ended up against Gio and his MK. Or rather, MK and his Gio.
33: DLA - DAT GANON. Loved seeing it in action.
33: Jawsome - Get wrecked by a guy who hasn't touched a controller in 3 years. Then almost lose to my Diddy? I don't even have a Diddy and I took your Fox out.
33: Iliad - Yoooo, you're a cool dude. Come to Phoenix Saga 5 and remember to stay at Ori's again.
33: Knight - You. Me. Phoenix Saga 5. Next time you'll get me at my best.
33: XeroXen - TWO MKs IN A ROW? Talk about terrible luck. You're good enough to trash a lot of dudes above you with that Mario, but keep working on that Zero Suit. I fell into some serious auto-pilot issues against your ZSS, but... to be honest, I fought back better against your Mario when I was on auto-pilot, so I guess I'm just stupid bad/good/mediocre.

To be honest, I didn't enjoy myself much at this tournament, and that is completely on the fact that someone tipped my Wii over and trashed the Disc Drive after Doubles was finished. I'm still not completely over it, and I'm mad salty that I couldn't even pay attention to my matches anymore afterwords. It was all on me and I got distracted, so I had less fun.

That said, BDubs was hella tight, but I think I'm gonna spread out a bit more next time we go there. I was trapped in that corner and couldn't talk to anyone I don't normally get to see, but once the wings arrived, well... I guess I didn't have time to talk. BDubs for power ranked.

All in all, I enjoyed myself more on everything that wasn't the tournament, and I do plan on making it to Phoenix Saga 5. Although I think my setup won't be running off a disc next time. Just sayin'.

:salt:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I told you who I was when I sat down and you asked who I mained and I said ICs.
You declined so I warmed up my MK against your Mario for doubles.

Then you and the people behind you (mostly the people behind you) started complaining about how bad the MK and Mario MU is, so I just thought it would be fun to try a ditto since I don't even play Mario lol

There was like a solid 45 minutes where I just ditto'd everyone at the particular TV I was at. Someone did ZSS and I even had a Yoshi ditto with someone. IDK who you are because you lost which is pretty embarrassing to lose to my Yoshi so I won't name names to put them on blast lol

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I told you who I was when I sat down and you asked who I mained and I said ICs.
You declined so I warmed up my MK against your Mario for doubles.
I very much did not catch your name, only that you mained IC's. To be honest this could easily be my fault. Either way, I don't recall a lot of things from Saturday, only that Bdubs was legit as hell and Panda was simply a cool dude. With crazy hair. And surprisingly short.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
He mightve tried to bair

sometimes when you try to drop ledge and bair you instagrab it instead

But who knows, it was rapeeeeee anyway

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
someone tipped my Wii over and trashed the Disc Drive after Doubles was finished. I'm still not completely over it, and I'm mad salty that I couldn't even pay attention to my matches anymore afterwords. It was all on me and I got distracted, so I had less fun.
This is why everyone should put their Wiis sideways. :\

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Ally proving yet again why he's my favorite player to watch

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
1: Ally ($360.00) / - 1024 APEX Seeding Points - You should drink water and eat more if your gonna go that far lol. Also why do I look like M@v?

3: MJG ($105.00) / - 128 APEX Seeding Points - Nice with the MM, you pulled it back and exposed me hard in that second game, I did learn something from that though. Also might visit Kansas for Delux's tourny, might MM ya there.

5: Turkey Wonder (Seagull Joe) ($30.00) - 16 APEX Seeding Points - Olimar is so fun to play again, why does everyone think I am crazy? Also nice seeing ya here, rep that Wolf and region.

7. Delux - 8 APEX Seeding Points - You are by far the best ICs I have played again, I need to learn that MU better. Lucario ***** ICs you crazy :troll:

7: Kain - 8 APEX Seeding Points - Basura, funny name lol. You got this next time, i dunno how ya lost the games you did, really did think you had them but **** happens. Glad to drive ya here.

9: Keitaro - 2 APEX Seeding Points - Met ya in person for like, 5 seconds lol. Hope ya found the place after we left fine.

13: Sago - 1 APEX Seeding Point - You got up there, also saw some of your matches, they went pretty well. You should keep the beard for a bit, it fits the swag.

13: Zinoto - 1 APEX Seeding Point - Good as usual, trying ti item control better but you got down the basics a lot more than I do, keep it up.

17: Tech_Chase - Thanks for hosting, I'll come to these more often if they are hosted.

17: Ori - Exposing me on the livestream, :fuuu:

17: YoshQ - Nice seeing ya again, also you left your hat in my car I'll get it back to ya next time. Thanks for coming down.

17: What's the Point - Thanks for housing, you got some nice cats in your place and a popcorn machine.

25: SamuraiPanda - Man could never see myself doing brain surgery, seems very hard but glad you enjoy it.

33: DLA - Thanks for coming out and diving me back, and letting me stay the night at your place so I wasn't getting too tired on the way back. It's defiantly a huge help when ya do this for me, thanks a lot.

33: XeroXen - That UpB, That UpB.

Juggleguy: Melee love, me like. Thanks for helping run the tournament.

MJG

Smash Hero
Thank you Tech Chase for hosting another successful and well ran tourney. I had a lot of fun at this tourney and I will definitely be at Phoenix Saga 5! I really appreciate all the help that you did for our carpool as well. Thank you.

Shoutouts later...maybe.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
All of the sets saved on my wii are uploaded, but I'm currently not on a computer, so I can't link all of them.

Xatic, please make a video thread instead of linking all of the vids in one post, because there is just too many of them.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Next tournament instead of napping when I'm not playing I'll be doing commentary

Top Bottom