• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to EVO: Norcal Regionals (NCR) - ONLINE REG ONLY - April 26th, 2013 - Sunnyvale, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

$heen

Smash Ace
SJC is the closest to the venue.
SFO is the biggest but a little farther away.
It really depends on where your housing is.

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
$heen, are you not going to the tournament or just not participating? Which airport do you stay by so I can use it to land there.

Revven

FrankerZ
So, now that KOC2 is over, what's going on here? Only a few days left to register, guys.

Step it up, NorCal/SoCal.

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
$heen, I am almost certain I will be coming, once I confirm that OkamiBW can pick me up from the airport, then I will go.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Doubles will happen with a 90% probability. I will gauge the time situation as the singles bracket starts and take signups then if we have time (we have the room until 11pm but we need to start cleaning up around 10), so bring cash for that. Doubles is purely a side tournament and has no bearing on anything at EVO (doubles will be a side tournament, if at all, at EVO as well).

Revven

FrankerZ
Kineda just tweeted the pools for SSBM:

Pool 1
Pool 2
Pool 3
Pool 4

They weren't posted so I thought it'd be nice to do it for Sheridan. :p

That puts it at about 68 players, which could change if there's some stragglers that may or may not register at the door (I heard this was becoming an option?)

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Revven! And it's good to see PewPewU getting the respect he deserves with that Bye (kind of..), but I'm surprised Shroomed didn't get one. Looks like a decent showing, but hopefully a few more show up.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Kineda just tweeted the pools for SSBM:

Pool 1
Pool 2
Pool 3
Pool 4

They weren't posted so I thought it'd be nice to do it for Sheridan. :p

That puts it at about 68 players, which could change if there's some stragglers that may or may not register at the door (I heard this was becoming an option?)
Woah, sJ2 at a third seed?

"I'm here with sJ2..." -Ken 2012

Ken is so good he predicted the name change.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't think the seeds are accurate. They're more just placements.

And signing up last-minute has always been an option for NCR tournaments. Though if you do this you'll randomly get place in a pool without any regards to location or skill seeding. This has caused some insanely imbalanced pools in past tournaments because some high profile fighting game players are notoriously lazy.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Someone PLEASE record Zhu vs Axe and also Fly vs Silent Wolf! Two awesome potential pools matchups that have never happened before as far as I can remember.

Revven

FrankerZ
And signing up last-minute has always been an option for NCR tournaments. Though if you do this you'll randomly get place in a pool without any regards to location or skill seeding. This has caused some insanely imbalanced pools in past tournaments because some high profile fighting game players are notoriously lazy.
Ah, okay. Good to know, then.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Based on the information out right now, NCR pre-reg looks something like this:

ssf4 ae: 208
umvc3: 160
sfxt: 80
ssbm: 68
KoF 13: 42
Persona: 31
DoA: 24
Tekken: 22
MK: 19

Not bad guys. Not bad at all.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Someone PLEASE record Zhu vs Axe and also Fly vs Silent Wolf! Two awesome potential pools matchups that have never happened before as far as I can remember.
fly vs silent wolf happened in genesis 2 pools and sw won

random tidbit

I hope there isn't big gaps between tournament sets

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Winner of winners and losers bracket of each bracket pool moves to the top 8 bracket that will be played on Saturday.

strawhats

Smash Master
winner of zhu vs axe, will play Kevin Toy, PPU. PPU vs Axe rematch maybe? I wouldn't be too mad at zhu vs PPU since their sets are always entertaining.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
some pretty nice names i'm seeing in pools. pleasantly surprised. is there a schedule released yet? or an idea of around when i can expect Melee to be streamed?

i saw saturday but was wondering if there was anything more specific.

Revven

FrankerZ
some pretty nice names i'm seeing in pools. pleasantly surprised. is there a schedule released yet? or an idea of around when i can expect Melee to be streamed?

i saw saturday but was wondering if there was anything more specific.
Supposedly, someone from (I assume) the Smash community is going to stream the pools tomorrow. And then Saturday, at 8 PM PST Melee's top 8 will be streamed on iplaywinner (which is the second stream, we *almost* got onto the main stream).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom