• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[:rob:] NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 4 "Buy Xenoblade" =] feat. Boss, Chu, not PP =]

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'd like pools first because they'd give me more games to play (assuming I'd 0-2 brackets). If only 1 or 2 people get cut, hopefully my Ganon's good enough that I'm not one of those people.

By the way, should I bring my cube with melee and a power strip, even though I can't bring a TV?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
For now imo pools shouldn't eliminate anyone, and should be strictly for seeding the bracket, so long as we don't get like more than 32 people (which won't happen) lol

Also brawl doesn't have to do pools if they don't want, stockfield
:phone:

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I am still iffy about this because of my family wanting to do dinner Saturday. Either way I'll be there I just might not be there until sixish.

:phone:

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
well, i guess everyone should get the feeling of going 0-2 in bracket and starting from there (unless youre pp...)

but it's really up to stingers on how he wants it run.

and yeah, double elimination is pretty boss. i can't even imagine a single elim tournament LOL
Remember the Lost Ark tournament in greensboro, you lose one match your out for the tournament.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well that's what i'm going to do.

greensboro can't come cause i'm not there.

and the rest of NC smash is raleigh anyway so yeah.

should be stacked.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
If you really want to chill with your family then bring them to the tournament with you. I'm sure it would be a great experience for them.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i got camped by velocity in rom4 bracket.

all he did was pill and jab-dsmash.

i beat him on yoshi's, but battlefield and stadium were too big LOL.

unfortunately, my ganon is beastly. i'll let you know in advance, i have new ideas about camping mario bros. so be aware.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i couldn't find a way in. the trajectory on those pills is really annoying. and i couldn't find the right hitbox to trade with them consistently.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if hes aiming them low you could jab
if hes bouncin em high then ftilt? or just fallback fair...or duck under it lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, i know what hitboxes work. but sometimes my jabs missed and hit my shins. and i felt like ftilts didn't work the way i had hoped.

maybe i was trading more than i thought, but it makes the pill hit sound either way and i couldn't check my percent every pill that i took/traded, so i don't even know what worked and what didn't.

on stadium, if i ended up on a platform, they'd hit my feet. i should angle my shield i guess, but that **** was really annoying too.

my approaches involved going under and then hitting him, but sometimes he'd find ways over me...i don't remember a lot of what really happened and how i got hits and stuff, but you can ask sneak; there were a lot of pills and i honestly didn't handle it well LOL.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
yuhhh let's go.
Is brawl singles and doubles going at the same time? cuz if so let's get in some matches before everything starts cuz I haven't played in a while.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i havent played since the tourney last week so we're even there x.x
and yeah Ill prolly be doing singles/doubles at the same time.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
haven't played since the last time I was at your place, I believe.
Anyway, I'm at my house driving over so I can bring a TV, that tiny one with the small crack if you want. We can use it for friendlies. I'll also be bringing my wii and a power strip, hopefully.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
there better be a good amount of setups for brawl.

and i'm sure he'll start melee pools at a decent time no matter what brawl is doing.

yo, can anyone possibly record at this?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I have a capture card with my laptop. It's a pretty bad one, but I might be able to get a low quality recording using it.

How are things usually set up for recording?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Whoever brings a recording setup can record wherever they want is how it usually works. It's not really expected that we'll have one so there's no station for it. But it is of course much appreciated =]

rPsi you should come so you can record brawl for us lol. noone else ever can x.x

also the tourney will end by midnight...as long as nothing weird happens =]

Top Bottom