• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robocop Poll: Who will place as the best Australian? (Brawl)

Who will place as the best Australian?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I rekon you'll win ted. Your wario is pretty ****, from what i saw at tempest anyway. Probably makes me abit biased though seeing as i haven't seen other oosers play. Be good to watch people play in person instead of just youtube vids.

tedeth

Smash Master
I remember one where Corpse was playing Vlade I think, and Vlade usmashed Sam and Sam survived, but went straight up. Like, STRAIGHT up. And then the commentators are like "Great DI from Sam as always."

Oh yeah and then Same killed with a fair and they were like "nice up air to finish the game."

looooooooooool.

Richard7

Smash Ace
I remember one where Corpse was playing Vlade I think, and Vlade usmashed Sam and Sam survived, but went straight up. Like, STRAIGHT up. And then the commentators are like "Great DI from Sam as always."

Oh yeah and then Same killed with a fair and they were like "nice up air to finish the game."

looooooooooool.
Everyone makes mistakes. :bee: Remember Rocky commentary? "Nice utilt from Corpse there", even though it was an usmash.

I wants to do some commentary, did some for the first time at our last tourney :D. Vids haven't been uploaded yet so you won't know how bad it is yet.

MTGod

Smash Champion
We need a lockable box to keep the bad commentators (like me :p) away from the microphone lol

Then again, I'm sure we'd also like this year's commentating to not be so full of flaming it has to be censored.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
rofl, my commentary is awesome, even if its never got anything to do with anything.

also careful there richard, most of the commentating at rocky was from mic, the nice fsmash (when its really a dsmash) man himself.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Bahaha kas, you so funnny <3

Ima commentate, and I'll bring in special guest atlas, bound to be amazing.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
luke atlas mic and jamage, for amazingly lols commentary
with a gords laugh track

SmashDaz

Smash Rookie
I see there are Aussies here!

Never heard those names, but i'm guessing They're far beyond my level. I still like toi think of myself as a good player. Naturally I don't agree with my title. (Smash Rookie? Bah...)

pwnsweet

Smash Cadet
Then again, I'm sure we'd also like this year's commentating to not be so full of flaming it has to be censored.
Yeah that was actually pretty disgraceful and very un-Australian. I've been meaning to confront Luke with this issue ever since I found out after the Rocky vids went up but I just never got around to it. I don't know whether he had legit reasons to flame the other people that were mentioned in the censored commentary, but apparently Sam was one of the people he hacked into, and without having any legitimate reason to do so. Sam did nothing to him at Rocky to provoke such personal attacks (other than beat him with TL on the big projector screen in front of everyone which was, I might add, only played on the projector in the first place because Luke insisted on it before the match).

If you're going to commentate this year Luke, have some self control please.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Clearly you have never met Luke, and also live under a rock in the middle of the desert.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its true, dont speak of that which you have knowledge of.
if you really want to know, all that censored material was really quite funny and all directed at atlus, a bottom of the barrell human being who has been banned from several game scenes and has even had a restraing order taken out on him by nintendo, nobdy apprchiated his prescene so I thought I'd make the message extra clear (he even threatened to punch somebody at rocky)

also, I'd like to point out that un-Australian is a very dumb term, and my behaviour was VERY australia, do you even know what country you are living in, your sensative, stick your nose where it doesnt belong attitude is un australian (go look up tall poppy sydrome)

as for corpse, I said he came off as a ****, which is a fair call, however I did appologize to him and as far as I'm aware there is no issue between us.

also I was stoked to be the first to play him, I wasnt bitter in anyway, and I might add, it wasnt my idea to play on the projecter.

perhaps next time you decide to openly berrate someone, good intentions or not, you would do well to get the full story from multiple partys, or even better, not make assumptions at all, since you werent there and clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
have some self control please

perth, get better.

pwnsweet

Smash Cadet
Clearly you have never met Luke, and also live under a rock in the middle of the desert.
I met Luke at Rocky. Neither I nor my brother gave him any reason to behave the way he did. What he did was wrong and was confirmed by the fact that his commentary was censored.

swordsaint

Smash Master
its true, dont speak of that which you have knowledge of.
if you really want to know, all that censored material was really quite funny and all directed at atlus, a bottom of the barrell human being who has been banned from several game scenes and has even had a restraing order taken out on him by nintendo, nobdy apprchiated his prescene so I thought I'd make the message extra clear (he even threatened to punch somebody at rocky)

also, I'd like to point out that un-Australian is a very dumb term, and my behaviour was VERY australia, do you even know what country you are living in, your sensative, stick your nose where it doesnt belong attitude is un australian (go look up tall poppy sydrome)

as for corpse, I said he came off as a ****, which is a fair call, however I did appologize to him and as far as I'm aware there is no issue between us.

also I was stoked to be the first to play him, I wasnt bitter in anyway, and I might add, it wasnt my idea to play on the projecter.

perhaps next time you decide to openly berrate someone, good intentions or not, you would do well to get the full story from multiple partys, or even better, not make assumptions at all, since you werent there and clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
have some self control please

perth, get better.
I have no intention of saying you're wrong here luke as you're absolutely right, but he was there. :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah this is normal, its the internet son.

also I would again refer you to my previous post pwnsweet,
I would again like to point out just how much I love it when you get on your high horse when you have no idea what you are talking about, which is even worse if you were there and still have no idea.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
by fair call I mean he did come off as a ****, I appologized because I openly called him a ****, however my opinion was shared by a fair few people.
I like how you didnt adress anything else I've said, further more this issue was sorted a long time ago, and you dont really have the right to be getting upset about it, if your brother cares I'm sure he can take care of himself.

anyways I really dont see the need to sit here justifying myself, as you can see you had things all wrong, other people here agree, and even if you sit there trying to tell me how to behave, its not going to achieve anything other then making you look bad, so why bother?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I met Luke at Rocky. Neither I nor my brother gave him any reason to behave the way he did. What he did was wrong and was confirmed by the fact that his commentary was censored.
Wait you were at Rocky? If you're who I think you were, you were pretty cool xD

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
and see pwn, corpse hasnt said anything about it, so he probably doesnt give a **** because it was all sorted a long time ago, back to the shadows eh?

mature kids in perth.

SmashDaz

Smash Rookie
Anyway, hi. I'm starting to use Marth alot. I looked up Meteor Smash on google the other day(I see it used ALOT) expecting it to be some advanced technique. Turns out it was just down B. I was like "Wow, i've been using Meteor Smashes and not realising it."

S.D

Smash Master
I want to hear Rocky melee commentry irl - SD, Turtle, Ryan
I'm supposed to be doing live MC evo style commentaries for this :) Haven't done any commentary for ages but I wubs it.

Wow, I came in at the wrong time. Or is this normal?
Dw champ when Luke's involved it's always carnage, don't let it colour your opinion of the rest of us. Also a meteor smash is not down b (counter) I'll just take it as a typo and say you meant to go with down a.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
whut? down b is counter...

a meteor smash is a spike that can be metore cancelled, meaning if you jump or upB during the meteor smash/spike, you will immdiatly stop going down and instead go up.

its probably worth mentioning that all meteor smashs are also spikes, but not all spikes are meteor smashes...

further more, the term spike when used correctly refers to a 'spike' that cannot be meteored smashed...
and those only exsist in melee (and smash 64? I'm not sure) but not in brawl, everything in brawl can be meteor smashed

also stuff you sam, color the rest of us...

people love what I do (which in retrospect is actually kinda sad...)
we cant all be amazing like you

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
For commentary it would be good to have people from all states available although sorry Mic but after Rocky I think he needs a replacement_

Not fussed about trash talk I mean hey it's all fuel for the fire when someone is proven wrong_ It's all fun and games and I'm still yet to see why people are taking huge offense or still bringing up the past_

I'm jus waiting to see how everyone has improved/changed this year_

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its true, I blame the womanization of society, people have no balls and cry about everything these days, man up.

as for commentary, mic is diffently the worst, but I'm sure perth will get their chance (and screw it up?)

oh, if only kane and vlade were coming :(

Top Bottom