• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I saw that a while back. All those kids are posers trying to look cool.

There will be a big Brawl tourney at Taste of Animethon, on January 28. It should be comparable to the standard, huge attendance, tournaments at Animethon proper.

Triumph or Die 2!

http://www.facebook.com/events/296297357059786/

I'll be organizing it.

[collapse=for those without FB]
Triumph or Die 2 (28/01/2012 - Edmonton, Alberta)

Grant MacEwan University: 10700 104 Ave NW,
Building 6 & 7(106th & 107th Street)

THIS WILL TAKE PLACE DURING "A TASTE OF ANIMETHON"
Hosted by Edmonton Gamers

Date: Saturday January 28th 2012

Venue Opens at 9:00

Registration will start at 12:00 PM Tournament will Start at 1:00 PM

NO LATE ENTRIES

Venue Fees:
MacEwan Pass: $12 per person. (For all events held at MacEwan)
Kid Pass: Free (Must be 9 or younger)

Game Entry for Super Street Fighter IV AE: Singles: $10.00
Game Entry for Blazblue CS 2: Singles $10.00
Game Entry for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Singles $10.00
Game Entry for Super Smash bros brawl: $10.00

OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS: Super Street fighter IV AE. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Blazblue CS 2, Super Smash Bros Brawl

(Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Will have a $ 200.00 Starting pot)

Side Tournament: Street Fighter 3sO

PRIZE DISTRIBUTION: 60/30/10
[/collapse]

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Oh, this is an animethon thing. Awesome.

Less people will sign up due to the $10 entry though, at least I'd assume so.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I wonder if you guys are gonna be "hyping" it up like last animethon.

"HOLY FFFFUUUUUUUUU SMASH BALLS GET *****"

xd

lilseph

Smash Ace
I'm coming to this for sure. Mostly because athon alone is awesome. But I guess a brawl tourny on the side is cool to.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
keith wat about:
doubles?
mk ban?
yea and lower the money... we need the numbers
Just like with animethon there is no way to lower the venue fee, it basically is what it is. Animethon's venue fee was $30.00 or something along the lines and the entries to the smash tournament were at 58. The venue fee being dropped to $12.00 is pretty sweet in comparison to what it was before. Honestly it makes it very hard to try to grow things if people are put off by paying $22.00 for a video game tournament.....

I am working with keith to help lower some cost for people bringing setups but my hands are tide when it comes to venue and game entries.

On a side note, Taste of Animethon is going to be our testing ground for Animethon. basically, I want to talk the people who run the convention into letting us get by with a games room only pass, This way people who don't give a fffff about the convention and just want to enter the tournaments can do so.

I'd like to push that event as "Alberta Beat Down 3" and really hype that **** up!

KillLock

Smash Lord
Could we possibly have flyers of some sort, or just information on where to get involved in the scene for these newer players so I don't have to go around asking for numbers/contact info... lol.

Frio

Smash Champion
At MacEwan we've doubled the size of the console gaming room., thank ****ing god

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
first animethon brawl tourney I used pika's chaingrab and they were dazzled, just do something simple, i bet luke could razzle dazzle them with falco or IC's pretty easily

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
So anyways I can get a decent flyer done for your guys smahs events going on, I was going to write an incredibly long post about my opinion on the current state of the smash scene...but then i hit f5 thinking it was a different page ='(''''

I want to see a good showing for the smash scene this time around, If the over all showing for this event is really good then it can help convince the ASAPA guys (people who run animethon) to let us get a games room only pass! So animethon 19 isn't so expensive for people who dont give a **** about the convention and just want to come for the tournament

Top Bottom