• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

MeSSi

Smash Ace
i dont think that we will come brandon

if u hosted during the school break then probs all the university kids will come

but rite now... school is priority. sorry maybe next time.

one of these days i will go to spruce grove lol

Frio

Smash Champion
Happy bday jack.

Also, I've started to like this game again. Found a new character and I can't wait to use it next tourney.

ganonlink

Smash Journeyman
I live on argyll close to whyte ave, but something came up...

Edit:when are you leaving actually? my number is 7802649541

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Hype Mario Party, or Hypest Mario Party?

Btw, Alvin and I would've won both if I hadn't screwed up in that last duel. I'm SO salty.

KillLock

Smash Lord
looooooooooooool

highlight of the night

had a fantastic time, you guys are awesome, wouldn't of spent it with anyone else imo

brningpyre

Smash Lord
For everyone not there, Jack had a huge lead, and then Sean/Kelvin got 5 stars in one turn. Stole 3 from Jack, bought one straight-up, and then stole one from Alvin and me in a duel by landing on our space.

It was literally the best possible outcome.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I like brawl because there are way more reads associated with the game. I've gotten so tired of watching guaranteed combos, I don't see why people get hyped when watching falco do auto pilot combos to people. It can be cool to admire the excessive tech skill though. I also like when people play really defensive and **** people who play like *******es.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Brawl is all about good reads and nothing is handed to you when trying to push for an offense. Which is why I've enjoyed it a ton more than Melee where once you hit them you're given a huge lead immediately or a 0-death. It's just an all around better fighter, and would be considerably so if we didn't have tripping.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Due to melee having hitstun and legit combos, it cannot be as "strategic" as brawl. I mean you could play it that way, but doing combos is just a much better way to win. Brawl you're forced to read your opponent after every hit if you hope to string moves together. Some people don't appreciate that part of brawl, and brush it off as non-skillful or luck, which I deem as being ridiculous.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
People get hyped about falco combos at high level because all the pros know how to DI specifically away from those auto combos. The fact that Mango can still 0-death PP or M2K despite all those escape possibilities is what makes people cream their pants. I mean, when there's a thread dedicated to what exact angle you're supposed to DI out of a falcon uair, it makes "combos" actually a lot harder to follow up than you'd expect.

Falco's "guaranteed" combos is as far as landing a shine to a dair (at low%) if everything is correctly DI'd. I mean, how different is that from you guys having guaranteed chain grabs or combos either?

I'm not talking down on brawl players or anything. I find it pretty amazing when your high level play incorporates consistent SDI and powershielding. It's just a different kind of game all together imo.

Another comparison is MvC3 vs SSF4. Touch of death vs constant reads.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I guess when you think about it, it's kind of like comparing a battle of swords to a battle of fists.

You need to be careful of every single move you make in Melee where when you slip up once, it could very well be over for you. One open spot for a sword to cut you down and that's game. In Brawl, most times you can afford to take a beating and find the strength needed to find out why you got hit in the first place, before it's too late.

Strategy plays a vital role in every game in the Smash series, but Brawl's strategy seems to have you investing in the long run rather then what strategy you can use to finish the opponent off right then and there.

Top Bottom