• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841

So, this was absolutely painful to make, but I've managed to narrow my roster down to 53 characters without transformations, 57 with transformations.

This roster adds as newcomers
- Bowser Jr.
- Toad
- King K. Rool
- Ghirahim
- Ridley
- Zoroark
- Krom
- Palutena
- Samurai Goroh
- Starfy
- Isaac
- Takamaru
- Shulk
- Pac-Man
- Megaman

The roster does not drop any characters from Brawl, and also brings Mewtwo and Roy back from Melee. I'm bringing it here for criticism and revision before I take it to the prediction display thread, but I'm not expecting to change much. If necessary, I am prepared to defend my choices, no matter how unpopular they may be.

For fun, I also made a (much) more liberal roster of 91 characters, without tranformations, which I might post if people are interested in seeing. Anyone?

Because Megaman can shoot missiles, or do a Screw attack, or turn into a ball and drop bombs, or shoot a huge laser and then turn into Zero Suit Megaman right?

And no, third party characters were not "eligible" for Melee. Kojima wanted Snake in Melee, but he got turned down. It wasn't until Brawl when the door to 3rd parties opened up, and at that point, there was a whole bunch of issues regarding Capcom's relationship with Nintendo. Now that those issues have calmed down, there's no reason why Megaman would be left out again. He's among one of the most likely characters for a reason, buddy.
Finely a roster with Lucario <3

JPW

Smash Ace
when it comes to 3rd party characters. i think here are the ones we could see and in my view their chances:

1. Sonic has one of the best chances. Sonic games seem to sell better on Nintendo platforms and there's always a Mario and Sonic Olympics. Sonic is pretty much the best bet to come back.
2. Snake is massively overpowered, and i feel he doesn't really fit in Smash i also reckon by ditching Snake you'll have the chance to make Starfox characters more unique. Give Falco a Rocket Launcher and for Wolf Grenades and Mines
3. Pacman has the best Chance. We have seen him pop up in Mario Kart Arcades (both versions) and he has been on many Nintendo consoles in the past not to mention when it comes to iconic characters Pacman is pretty much up there. With Namco at the helm this has also lifted up his chances.
4. Megaman. I kind of doubt Megaman. I am a big fan of Megaman, I grew up with MM games you might say he was one of the first mascots i knew. I would love to see him in Smash 4. He's been on many Nintendo consoles throughout the years. However i don't think Capcom feels the same way as we do....lol.
5. Rayman. Why Rayman you ask. Ubisoft is like Nintendo's best friend right now. very few are on the bandwagon of the Wii U. Ubisoft however has jumped on and is giving Nintendo tremendous support. I don't think an assassin will fit in Smash. But Rayman would.
6. Lloyd Irving. I think this guy could up being an assist trophy. They could go both but then it would be unfair to other third parties who are getting just the one.
7. Simon Belmont. Castlevania seems to be coming back to Nintendo. Simon Belmont could come back too. And could be a nice swap over. Belmont for Snake. The Whip could be a interesting weapon to work with.
8. Tails. The second most important Sonic Character. Sonic's sidekick. I reckon Tails would be an interesting one. And could do a few things different to Fox. He could use his Double Tails to fly or the Helicopter thingy. And he could do a tail whip. He's still do spins i guess but not as fast as Sonic and they're probably be bit weaker.

Those are 8 3rd party characters i believe who could have a fighting chance.

edit: I like your roster a lot wildvine47. However i'm not sure whether FE is signficat enough to have 4. Whilst it may be old and popular in Japan and Marth, Roy and Ike are mega favourites in Melee and Brawl. It's not as big around the rest of the world unfortunately. And there are franchise that should become before FE. It hurts to admit. It's tough. But it is true.

I also have a feeling Sakurai will try not to go above 50.

48 to me actually sounds more right.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
when it comes to 3rd party characters. i think here are the ones we could see and in my view their chances:

1. Sonic has one of the best chances. Sonic games seem to sell better on Nintendo platforms and there's always a Mario and Sonic Olympics. Sonic is pretty much the best bet to come back.
2. Snake is massively overpowered, and i feel he doesn't really fit in Smash i also reckon by ditching Snake you'll have the chance to make Starfox characters more unique. Give Falco a Rocket Launcher and for Wolf Grenades and Mines
3. Pacman has the best Chance. We have seen him pop up in Mario Kart Arcades (both versions) and he has been on many Nintendo consoles in the past not to mention when it comes to iconic characters Pacman is pretty much up there. With Namco at the helm this has also lifted up his chances.
4. Megaman. I kind of doubt Megaman. I am a big fan of Megaman, I grew up with MM games you might say he was one of the first mascots i knew. I would love to see him in Smash 4. He's been on many Nintendo consoles throughout the years. However i don't think Capcom feels the same way as we do....lol.
5. Rayman. Why Rayman you ask. Ubisoft is like Nintendo's best friend right now. very few are on the bandwagon of the Wii U. Ubisoft however has jumped on and is giving Nintendo tremendous support. I don't think an assassin will fit in Smash. But Rayman would.
6. Lloyd Irving. I think this guy could up being an assist trophy. They could go both but then it would be unfair to other third parties who are getting just the one.
7. Simon Belmont. Castlevania seems to be coming back to Nintendo. Simon Belmont could come back too. And could be a nice swap over. Belmont for Snake. The Whip could be a interesting weapon to work with.
8. Tails. The second most important Sonic Character. Sonic's sidekick. I reckon Tails would be an interesting one. And could do a few things different to Fox. He could use his Double Tails to fly or the Helicopter thingy. And he could do a tail whip. He's still do spins i guess but not as fast as Sonic and they're probably be bit weaker.

Those are 8 3rd party characters i believe who could have a fighting chance.

edit: I like your roster a lot Ryukario. However i'm not sure whether FE is signficat enough to have 4. Whilst it may be old and popular in Japan and Marth, Roy and Ike are mega favourites in Melee and Brawl. It's not as big around the rest of the world unfortunately. And there are franchise that should become before FE. It hurts to admit. It's tough. But it is true.

I also have a feeling Sakurai will try not to go above 50.

48 to me actually sounds more right.
Its not my roster, I quoted it :p

BSP

Smash Legend
Tails is no doubt important, but Shadow is more popular. He would probably have just as much, if not more chance of getting in than tails. Shadow's also made an assist appearance too.

gallax

Smash Hero
Has anyone considered that they might take a little bit of MVC and have 2 character teams for singles? Think about being able to use 2 characters in tournament, each having a set amount of stocks. When you switch them out it does or doesn't refresh(if thats a game trait) ect...

I could see smash booming in the competitive scene if it happens. So many characters, lets use them!!!!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So guys, what are the most biggest newcomers you're personally waiting for to be in Smash?

1- Starfy

2- Toad

3 - Saki

4 - Palutena

5- Lip

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
So guys, what are the most biggest newcomers you're personally waiting for to be in Smash?

1- Starfy

2- Toad

3 - Saki

4 - Palutena

5- Lip
1 - Victini

2 - Starfy

3 - Sukapon

4 - Pokemon Trainer May

5 - Bowser Jr.

Probably my list right now. Although Mewtwo would be at the very top except he's not a newcomer.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Wow, if I have to pick my top 5 most wanted Smash 4 characters, that would be really hard, but I guess I'll give it a shot:

- Rosalina
- Ridley
- King K. Rool
- Waluigi
- KOS-MOS (?)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
1. Krystal
2. Zoroark
3. Dixie Kong
4. Medusa
5. Mona

Clownbot

Smash Lord
1. Animal Crossing Villager
2. Mega Man
3. Balloon Fighter
4. Bowser Jr.
5. Zoroark

To be honest, there aren't any characters I'm really clamoring for. But these guys would all be cool to see implemented, I think.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think they'll be exclusives for the 3ds/WiiU when it comes to characters because that is the only way I see certain characters ie:animal crossing boy/girl getting in.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
1. K. Rool
2. Bowser Jr.
3. Ridley

Those are the only real big names I have much interest in. The rest of my favorites are all rather unlikely, but humorous inclusions, such as Duck Hunt Dog, Groose, Hades, and King Hippo.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Mine are, as they've been for months:

1. Isaac
2. Krystal
3. Zoroark
4. Shulk
5. Palutena

I'd be happy if three of those got in.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
1. Ridley
2. K. Rool
3. Megaman
4. Samurai Goroh
5. Stafy

These five are the ones I've been rooting for since the beginning. ALL of them deserve a spot by this point IMO.

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
I honestly think representation for the Pokemon series will look like this:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Victini

Don't feel like explaining all the reasons right now tho. lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alright, TOP 5 most wanted (while keeping in the realm of possibility):

1. Muddy Mole
2. Little Mac
3. King K. Rool
4. Ridley
5. Samurai Goroh/Starfy (Honestly a tie)

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm gonna make a top 5 list too.

Before Brawl, I was pretty passionate about who I wanted to make the cut, but I don't care as much this time around. Maybe when we see this game in action I'll be more excited. =P

I'd like to (perhaps, unreasonably) see:

Midna (preferably in her real form.. although that's not how she's recognized best)
Krystal
Lyn (or Roy)
Balloon Fighter
Toon Zelda/Tetra

volbound1700

Smash Master
Brawl had most of my wishlist.

I would love another Sonic Character (Not going to happen IMO)
Megaman
King K Rool
Another Zelda character as long as it is not Tingle.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Realistically

1. Saki
2. Little Mac
3. Dark Samus
4. Andy
5. Dixie Kong

Unrealistically

1. Nightmare
2. Assassin's Creed character
3. Toon Zelda/Tetra
4. Tom Nook
5. Mach Rider

Smash Rookie
I don't think Victini has quite the popularity needed to enter the next game. Then again, I would never have guess Jigglypuff to be one of the first picks... Anyway, I definitely think that Zoroark is a more likely candidate.

I would LOVE for Pikmin to get an additional representative, but I can't imagine how they would come up with another moveset. Most of Olimar's moves consisted of just throwing pikmin around, I think it'd be tough to create an original moveset.

I don't think it's all that unlikely for the Sonic series to get another character. In Sonic Adventure 2, the game in which Shadow debuted, Sonic had several upgrades that Shadow did not receive, so changing Sonic's moveset to take those into account would lower Shadow's chances of being a clone. Personally, I hope for Knuckles because I love the guy, but I doubt he has enough popularity to be chosen. Tails is probably a good choice, but then Peach might run the risk of being one of TWO characters that could hover! Oh no!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Alright, top 5.

REALISTIC
1.- Mike (StarTropics)
2.- Little Mac (Punch Out!)
3.- Saki (Sin & Punishment)
4.- Isaac (Golden Sun)
5.- Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame Jo)

Non-Realistic
1.- Crono (Chrono Trigger)
2.- Nathan Rad Spencer (Bionic Commando)
3.- Little Nemo (Dream Master)
4.- Peter Pan (Hook (videogame))
5.- Joe Musashi (Shinobi)

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
My personal top 5 goes like this:

1. Toad
2. Issac
3. Balloon Fighter
4. Muddy Mole (I've actually really warmed up to him after seeing some recent Mole Mania gameplay)
5. Bandanna Dee

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
Welp, this was fun. I tried to do this with as little bias as possible (I want Bowser Jr. over Toad, Victini over Zoroark). I also tried to make it with some cohesion so it looks legit. Credit to Oasis for the icons.

48 Characters (52 including transformations).

Newcomers:
Toad
King K. Rool
Isaac
Ridley
Little Mac
Starfy
Samurai Goroh
Zoroark
Sukapon
Ray
Takamaru
Pacman

Roy makes a glorious return. As much as I wanted to add Mewtwo, I give Lucario the edge because his uniqueness and reception on the competitive scene.

For some reason Oasis didn't have a Pacman icon

Eagle

Smash Lord
My top 5:

1. Megaman
2. Isaac
3. Zoroark
4. Ridley
5. Banjo Kazooie (I wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish!!!!)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Realistic

My Least top Five:

1. Another Sonic Character
2. Waluigi
3. Ghiraham (sorry guys but he doesn't do it for me. I expect to see him though so...oh well :/)
4. Magnus
5. Starfy

Unrealistic Least Top Five:

1. Cloud
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Another Sonic character
4. Master Chief
5. Digimon

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
AAAAAHHH!!! i cant find the leon thread anywhere!!! Please tell me if anybodys made one yet?!?!

:phone:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I hope the next poll includes all regions, but no matter if it does or doesn't, I very much doubt we will get to see the results, much like we never got to see the results of the Brawl poll. (Except for knowing that Sonic was #1)

And if it's anything like Melee's poll, we'll just fill in what character we'd like to see, we won't even have a list to choose from. This was probably how Brawl's poll worked also, but I don't know. It would still be a lot better than not getting a poll outside Japan at all though.
Ya they should do a poll on the Nintendo website or something. It would be interesting to see how different Japan's demand for characters differ from what the good ol' US wants to see in Smash 4....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom