• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I presume you can make individual character topics, but maybe asking a mod or administrator would give you the answer. You know, just to stay on the safe side.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I would imagine yes, there aren't any rules against it and we now have our own space for it.

Soon I will start mine, and it will be amazing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I decided to post the first character thread. Geno of course.

There is nothing in the rules against it I can find

Go to it and see what you think

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
While I agree on the fact that there is about 0% chance of them getting into the next smash bros, ya gotta understand that back in the days of N64 they were pretty much the BEST 3rd party developers. Making Legends such as Banjo Kazooie, all the best Donkey Kong Games, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye 007. And of course who can forget there memorable female additions to Nintendo's male dominant society.

....Ya know what...on second though. Maybe Rare shouldnt have any participation in a childrens game.
SNES 3rd party support>>>>>>N64.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman

How about this roster tell me if any should be added or tooken out
Edit:I know I left some important ones out but just bare with me

:phone:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014

Crash and Coco!!! *-*

Crunch is exaggeration. .-.
Put Cortex instead of him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

So, you removed: Ganondorf, Toon Link, Ice Climbers, ROB, possibly Sheik, Marth, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Falco, and Wolf. You did not return any from Melee.

You added: Waluigi, Daisy, Funky Kong, PacMan, Mega Man, Master Hand, Spyro, Rayman, Banjo Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Coco, Crunch, and Earthworm Jim. Nine of those are 3rd parties. Not happening. Keep PacMan and Mega Man at most.

Daisy and Waluigi probably won't be Mario reps. Toad or Bowser Jr. are far more likely.

Funky as a DK rep? Sorry, but K. Rool and Dixie are, again, far more likely.

The only other Nintendo character you added was Master Hand. Face it, he's remaining the Classic Mode boss.

Overall, get rid of the Naughty Dog characters, Earthworm Jim, and Banjo. They're most likely not happening. The roster, even as is, is too small. Add back all of the Brawl characters.

And please, you added 4 Nintendo newcomers, and the 4 you chose likely aren't happening.

Overall, add more characters that are important, remove most of the 3rd parties, and bring back more characters. Overall, I'm not to fond of it, to be honest. Just my opinion.:/

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I felt as if crunch was a bit much I just couldn't imagine cortex fighting also the extremely feasible people I think could actually be into game would have to rayman and megaman. Crash may be inthe PlayStation game and banjo seems pushing it.
Edit:anyway give me one moment im almost done with an improved version

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Oh hey,Lukin.
Haven't seen you in a while.
I feel happy to be a smash ace,but you became a lord sooo fast.:laugh:

I found this roster to have too many 3rd parties,but whatever.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
You are maining Lucas?

I never imagined you would do a good choice like this.

Also for the roster,yeah,it is really impossible to happen.

@Opossum: Naughty Dog sold Crash's rights in 1999 (after Crash CTR).
You aren´t very well uptaded...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It doesn't change the fact that he's 3rd Party, and not a popularly requested one, at that. I honestly don't know which company owns him now, but I know it's not Nintendo.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I know.
I was just correcting your error.

but he would be great and you can´t deny it.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
I know I've been laughed at for this idea but come on, Everyone wants Megaman or Ridley. why can't we have someone from a completly different Universe? like star wars.......Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, or even Boba Fett? Let the trolling begin!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I feel like third parties should just die in a house fire. Give me fifteen slots to add Nintendo characters, and I can make everyone happy with at least two or three of the additions. Sonic, Snake, Megaman, Slime, Pacman. **** em.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman

This seems a Tad better or worse not really sure

Possibly this which do you pick 1 or 2

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Kasumi sure as hell isn't getting in over Ryu as the Tecmo rep.

and I say Vaati wouldget in over Skull Kid.

and what exactly can anthony do, again?

outside of that, I like it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
First one has no cuts. And the choices aren't bad. Auto-win. Second one cuts Jigglypuff. Auto-lose. Rest doesn't matter after that.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
You guys do realize that smashmanx7 is just stealing all of his rosters from other people around the internet, right? The ****ty roster with 3 Crash characters was just on mynintendonews.com the other day as a topic image.

Yeah, don't take this guy seriously (not that anyone did), he's just stealing rosters from everywhere else.

And also, on the topic of 3rd parties, I feel like we're going to be seeing 4 at most. Snake and Sonic are most likely going to stay, and with Namco involved, we're almost definitely going to see Pac-Man as well. The 4th third party spot then easily goes to Megaman, who's been a huge part of Nintendo history, and would fit the game like a glove.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@HyperFalcon: I think the first one cut Lucario. Just saying.

But yeah, I could swear I saw that first one in the set of two on Youtube once...

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
What makes me sad is the fact that there is only one newcomer that I like who has chances to get in...

It is Mii.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No one else interests you? Surprising.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
You know who'd be a nice retro character to add a la Ice Climbers or Pit (when he was retro...)? Muddy Mole.

He's an old Game Boy character from the unlawfully underrated game Mole Mania. I think he stands a good shot as a retro, especially now that there's gonna be a handheld Smash.

Miyamoto even created him. Yep, same guy who made Mario, Link, and Donkey Kong. There was a rumor that Sakurai thought well of the character, and in a recent interview, someone brought him up to Sakurai along side some other retros, and Sakurai essentially responded by saying that he would try to give fair representation to older series.

Not to mention he has a plethora of tricks up his sleeves, including the ability to dig underground. This alone sets him apart from the rest of the cast.

I say he has a fair chance.

/endlongshpiel.
I personally like the possible addition of Muddy Mole. He really does seem like an interesting character and definitely needs more recognition as of now. It's unfortunate that he did not receive the amount of attention that fellow classic characters like Link, Donkey Kong, or even Pit (as of recently received) and Smash Bros. would be a good way to revive the forgotten character (perhaps to even revitalize the character himself similar to Pit's case).

I also like the aspects that you explained of what he could bring into Smash Bros.. His fighting style would be very unique especially considering his ability to dig holes and use this strategy to fight via underground. It's an unused concept in Smash and to be honest it does seem intriguing (I somewhat envision of his fighting style as a gimmick in which it might play like an advanced version of a "hit and run"). He's definitely up there in terms of retro characters in my opinion for a chance in SSB4. ;)

Also I might be wrong, but I believe Mole Mania came out on the 3DS eshop as well recently. Perhaps this can help Muddy's chances for the time being?

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
You guys do realize that smashmanx7 is just stealing all of his rosters from other people around the internet, right? The ****ty roster with 3 Crash characters was just on mynintendonews.com the other day as a topic image.

Yeah, don't take this guy seriously (not that anyone did), he's just stealing rosters from everywhere else.

And also, on the topic of 3rd parties, I feel like we're going to be seeing 4 at most. Snake and Sonic are most likely going to stay, and with Namco involved, we're almost definitely going to see Pac-Man as well. The 4th third party spot then easily goes to Megaman, who's been a huge part of Nintendo history, and would fit the game like a glove.
Stealing no I really am working on I just suggested a roster that could be used I've never said it was mine but if I did I'm sorry though I'm preety sure I didn't as for the one I'm working on it aloe harder that you think to make one so many pictures

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I personally like the possible addition of Muddy Mole. He really does seem like an interesting character and definitely needs more recognition as of now. It's unfortunate that he did not receive the amount of attention that fellow classic characters like Link, Donkey Kong, or even Pit (as of recently received) and Smash Bros. would be a good way to revive the forgotten character.

I also like the aspects that you explained of what he could bring into Smash Bros.. His fighting style would be very unique especially considering his ability to dig holes and use this strategy to fight via underground. It's an unused concept in Smash and to be honest it does seem intriguing (I somewhat envision of his fighting style as a gimmick in which it might play like an advanced version of a "hit and run"). He's definitely up there in terms of retro characters in my opinion for a chance in SSB4. ;)

Also I might be wrong, but I believe Mole Mania came out on the 3DS eshop as well recently. Perhaps this can help Muddy's chances for the time being?

Thanks for the input! It's nice to know I helped create other supporters of Mu...

Wait...

Also I might be wrong, but I believe Mole Mania came out on the 3DS eshop as well recently.

0_0

To Google! If this is true, I'll finally buy a 3DS.

I'll be back! Back I tell ya!

EDIT: Apparently it's coming soon! Yes! I'm happy now.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I doubt we'll see 4+ Fire Emblem representatives, my best guess is that they'll keep Marth/Ike and add one more. If Takamaru and/or Isaac make it in we'll have plenty of suave, badass swordsmen.

I just want an updated Marth design, I think it would be badass if he got a redesign to resemble his new DLC design, it matches his swift style more and makes him more unique in my opinion.

Oh, and hopefully we'll get to see a Galaxy-like moveset for Mario. Fingers are crossed but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@HyperFalcon: I think the first one cut Lucario. Just saying.
My bad. He's replaceable, though. I also disapprove of Red being in. He was never in, it was just a generic Pokemon Trainer based upon Red and Ash mainly. We can also change out his Pokemon if it's not Red. I'd keep Charizard, but give something for the 2nd and 3rd Gens.

But yeah, I could swear I saw that first one in the set of two on Youtube once...
I was looking at Rosters, not who made them. Although that's probably a better idea.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord

to bad Megaman is never going into a Smash game. you know why? even with the fan support why would Sakurai put this character in? If he didn't do the first 3 times, what makes you think he's going in this time?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
to bad Megaman is never going into a Smash game. you know why? even with the fan support why would Sakurai put this character in? If he didn't do the first 3 times, what makes you think he's going in this time?
First two times had no Third Party. Wasn't eligible at all. Third time Capcom and Nintendo had some issues with eachother and Capcom never asked.

Fourth time is not the same story as Sakurai clearly knows how much demand there is.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
and also Capcom. because they have been.....odd lately with that series.

Cancelling MML3, Cancelling Universe, Not putting any incarnation of him in MvC3, Not doing any promotion for MMZ collection, changing their minds about putting Dr. Wily in Wreck-it Ralph....

if not for the planned 25th anniversary and X and Zero being in X Zone, I'd say they are trying to retire him like Captain commando.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
First two times had no Third Party. Wasn't eligible at all. Third time Capcom and Nintendo had some issues with eachother and Capcom never asked.

Fourth time is not the same story as Sakurai clearly knows how much demand there is.
No offense, but that's a really bad retort, uh yeah Third Party characters were "eligible" for Melee when Hideo Kajima wanted Snake to be in Melee. Demand? yeah sure it would be a clone of Samus, I can already tell.

wildvine47

Smash Ace

So, this was absolutely painful to make, but I've managed to narrow my roster down to 53 characters without transformations, 57 with transformations.

This roster adds as newcomers
- Bowser Jr.
- Toad
- King K. Rool
- Ghirahim
- Ridley
- Zoroark
- Krom
- Palutena
- Samurai Goroh
- Starfy
- Isaac
- Takamaru
- Shulk
- Pac-Man
- Megaman

The roster does not drop any characters from Brawl, and also brings Mewtwo and Roy back from Melee. I'm bringing it here for criticism and revision before I take it to the prediction display thread, but I'm not expecting to change much. If necessary, I am prepared to defend my choices, no matter how unpopular they may be.

For fun, I also made a (much) more liberal roster of 91 characters, without tranformations, which I might post if people are interested in seeing. Anyone?

No offense, but that's a really bad retort, uh yeah Third Party characters were "eligible" for Melee when Hideo Kajima wanted Snake to be in Melee. Demand? yeah sure it would be a clone of Samus, I can already tell.
Because Megaman can shoot missiles, or do a Screw attack, or turn into a ball and drop bombs, or shoot a huge laser and then turn into Zero Suit Megaman right?

And no, third party characters were not "eligible" for Melee. Kojima wanted Snake in Melee, but he got turned down. It wasn't until Brawl when the door to 3rd parties opened up, and at that point, there was a whole bunch of issues regarding Capcom's relationship with Nintendo. Now that those issues have calmed down, there's no reason why Megaman would be left out again. He's among one of the most likely characters for a reason, buddy.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
If palutena is part of the roster then what will be Pitts final smash (if there is any in the next game)
Besides that great list

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If palutena is part of the roster then what will be Pitts final smash (if there is any in the next game)
Besides that great list

^3 sacred treasures is a common pick by most.
That's what I had in mind myself. I even made up a Final Smash concept for Pit, involving the Three Sacred Treasures; I'll be sure to post it in the Pit discussion thread soon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Besides that great list

Moves have changed before, right? No big deal really. As everyone says, Great Sacred Treasure.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Well if she does go in then I would hope that Medusa becomes a boss in some way shape or form

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I thought most people said The Great Sacred Treasure, not the three treasures. It is definitely better.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Question......Is Sakurai having like a most wanted character list again? I'd love to see one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom