• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
New Subject

Lets say a certain 3rd party company gets 2 character slots. Who would you want the company to be, and which 2 characters would they be? It would most likely be Sega, Konami or Capcom, maybe even Namco.

Discuss
Capcom, megaman and felicia jk lol. Course namco with pacman and kos-mos/tales of/or a soul character.

The best bet would be for an atmosphere like smash would be konami, snake and bomberman would be sweet. Ah simon could work as well, but again I'd think nintendo would choose bomberman over him tho.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
New Subject

Lets say a certain 3rd party company gets 2 character slots. Who would you want the company to be, and which 2 characters would they be? It would most likely be Sega, Konami or Capcom, maybe even Namco.

Discuss
It would be Sega, with Sonic and Classic Robotnik.
Look at my Robotnik thread

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I'd prefer a newcomer in Toad (although unlikely), Bowser Jr., and/or Paper Mario any day over a returning Dr. Mario.

In response to NickelBocker:

Preferentially, I would greatly desire the likes of Snake and Simon Belmont as the 2 theoretical Konami-property characters.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
New Subject

Discuss
Snake & Bomberman. It's the only outcome with remote possibility.

Because it would lack originality and take up another roster space with yet another unneeded clone.
That's not a reason. Also the key word was "cant".

Because he's a clone that could better fit as an alternate costume rather than a separate entity, maybeeeee...?
More alt/clone hate. K, I'll just stop bringing up beloved Nintendo characters that are alts.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Id want 2 Konami characters, with Snake and Goemon (ya Goemon isnt going to happen, but im going to continue to support :) )

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
New Subject

Discuss

Megaman and Protoman. Or Megaman and Bass. Or Megaman and Zero. Or Megaman and Megaman X or even......You see where I'm going with this right?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
More alt/clone hate. K, I'll just stop bringing up beloved Nintendo characters that are alts.
Not saying I'd not want him in, and not saying I'm against clones (as I prefer the clones over the originals), but unlike, say, Roy, Falco and Lucas, who are different entities from those whom they base their moves on, Dr. Mario is literally Mario in a doctor get-up, just like how Young Link is, well, a younger Link, and how Pichu is a baby Pikachu. I don't mind having a newcomer having a similar moveset to that of a veteran, but if said newcomer is literally the same person as said veteran, and seeing how the alt. costume mechanic has already been presented with Wario and how well received it was (or so I assume), I'd be confused to why they didn't just made said newcomer an alt. of said veteran.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
i'll say in order to complete the Nintendo third party line up we need bomber man
There has to be some kind of accommodation to get him in Smash 4. He deserves to be in a Nintendo fighting game and it's an outrage he hasn't been in it yet.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Not trying to denounce Bomberman, just saying Snake technically already uses explosives like Bomberman, saying we don't really need Bomberman to make the bomb concept more obvious.
By that logic we better deconfirm these characters for using barely similar concepts of other characters:
:charizard:
:falco:
:ganondorf:
:ike:
:jigglypuff:
:lucas:
:luigi2:
:gw:
:toonlink:
:wolf:
:mewtwomelee:

AND YET YOU SUPPORT DARK PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: BUT, NOT DR. MARIO :rolleyes:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Sakurai chooses Dark Pit because he feels we don't need anybody, but Pit in the first place and it adds more weapons. Imma be so pissed. That Dark Pit figurine holding a weapon unused by Pit worries me. Even though this outcome is probably about as likely as my pillow giving birth to a cow with bat wings. It literally makes no sense to have a color swap of a character and Sakurai clones those people anyway.

The day Hudson became one with Konami was the day Bomberman's chances of being in Smash died.
Unless Bomberman replaces Snake.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom