• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The other day, I realized someone that's very likely, but I don't know if it's ever been brought up.

So who is this? This is KOS-MOS from the Xenosaga series. The Xenosaga series was made by Monolith Soft prior to being bought by Nintendo and the property belongs to Namco. That being said, I think she's a likely character a good number of reasons.

KOS-MOS has made numerous appearances in different games include Endless Frontier, Project X Zone, Namco X Capcom, and as a costume in Soul Calibur 3. Obviously, Namco considers her a rather important character to put her in all these different games, especially over Pac-Man. Xenosaga is also a series that's very special to Monolith Soft and it was part of the reason why Xenoblade got its name. With Namco working on Smash 4, Monlith could see this as an opportunity to use KOS-MOS once again alongside one of their other characters like Shulk.

I also think she'd be a much better pick than Pac-Man. KOS-MOS has a wide variety of weapons such as blades, beams, and machine guns to use so she is very flexible with her potential playstyle. Meanwhile, Pac-Man is just a bland character that doesn't seem like he'd have anything that none of the current cast has. Therefore, I think KOS-MOS is not only more likely of a Namco rep, but a much better rep all around for Namco.
Huh. I never thought of it that way.

I wholeheartedly agree! You could even bring up the point that she provides easy sex appeal without going too far.

KOS-MOS for smash!

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
The other day, I realized someone that's very likely, but I don't know if it's ever been brought up.

So who is this? This is KOS-MOS from the Xenosaga series. The Xenosaga series was made by Monolith Soft prior to being bought by Nintendo and the property belongs to Namco. That being said, I think she's a likely character a good number of reasons.

KOS-MOS has made numerous appearances in different games include Endless Frontier, Project X Zone, Namco X Capcom, and as a costume in Soul Calibur 3. Obviously, Namco considers her a rather important character to put her in all these different games, especially over Pac-Man. Xenosaga is also a series that's very special to Monolith Soft and it was part of the reason why Xenoblade got its name. With Namco working on Smash 4, Monlith could see this as an opportunity to use KOS-MOS once again alongside one of their other characters like Shulk.

I also think she'd be a much better pick than Pac-Man. KOS-MOS has a wide variety of weapons such as blades, beams, and machine guns to use so she is very flexible with her potential playstyle. Meanwhile, Pac-Man is just a bland character that doesn't seem like he'd have anything that none of the current cast has. Therefore, I think KOS-MOS is not only more likely of a Namco rep, but a much better rep all around for Namco.
Lol I support Pac-Man.

But of course you probably won't listen.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
More interesting? Yes.
Better? Debatable.
More likely? No.
Bah, what would you know.

Keep blabbing on what you think is believable, but one thing for sure is that KOS-MOS is going to happen. It's inevitable. But, oh wait, I forgot people hate discussing interesting things and would rather talk about a bunch of lousy choices that will lead to no where. Your worse then those dudebro gaymurs and you should feel bad.

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute guys.

I just remembered something; she should be first party shouldn't she?

Ok, she's totally in.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lol I support Pac-Man.

But of course you probably won't listen.
But why support such a bland choice over someone like KOS-MOS? Pac-Man's been old news for years. Not even that new cartoon of his has made him relevant, especially considering he's such a historical character. At least she can contribute more to the gameplay with all those weapons of hers.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah. Nintendo owns Monolith now, so she should be owned by Nintendo now.

That's actually the reason why Project X Zone came to the 3DS instead of the Playstation brand like its predecessor Namco X Capcom. Namco wanted to work with Nintendo to work with one of their former icons. Common sense really.

D

Deleted member

Not only that, but it's why Monolith was involved with that game; Namco couldn't have KOS-MOS without them!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We should really make a support thread for KOS-MOS.

Is there one?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I am having the hardest time telling if we are being sarcastic or not. I probably need to get some sleep so I can tell.
This is serious ****! We want KOS-MOS, especially if we also get Shulk too! Come on now, it's like you wouldn't want that sort of thing to happen. The heroine of the Xenosaga trilogy, and the hero of Xenoblade Chronicles, together in the same game hauling major ass.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Do her chances stand up to Shulk's chances? More over, would we ever get her without him?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder...

Do you think we could get multiple Xenosaga characters?

Espio264

Smash Ace
Great design, nice hair, big guns and huge... tracks of land. I'm down. Though I think I'd prefer her and Shulk to just her.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wonder...

Do you think we could get multiple Xenosaga characters?
I think T-elos is out of the question as her outfit is far too revealing for Smash. Shion's the only other good choice as she's main protagonist for the trilogy. That being said, KOS-MOS is the poster girl so that makes her not as likely.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067

Hmmm, never thought of it like that, it would be great to see her in

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
nah only other Namco characters I would want after Pac-Man is Klonoa or Valkarie. never been a huge fan of Xenosaga
Well, that doesn't change that she's a good and likely candidate.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
@Swamasaur

good: maybe
likely: I don't think so.
what Kuma is exemplifying are true but also apply to a great number of other characters. for example the Soul Calibur 3 costume thing, many other Namco characters make cameos in that particular series via costumes like Valkyrie, Kite and Black Rose and of course costumes for many Tekken characters. in Endless Frontier, Xiamou and Reiji from Namco X Capcom are playable as well and that's more because Monolith Soft was responsible for Endless Frontier in addition to Xenosaga and Namco X Capcom game. and I wouldn't consider being in Namco X Capcom or Project X Zone that special as those are crossover games among many other series as well. Xenosaga didn't receive any special treatment of any sort in those. now is Xenosaga important to Monlith? of course, like any developers they most likely do have a fondness for that series. but I don't see that being a deciding factor for Sakurai and his team to outprioritize her over other characters. im not saying she's impossible but I don't see her as likely.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Pac-Man>any other Namco rep
YOSHIMITSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Please, he's the most interesting and has made appearances across many fighting game titles that have Namco in their name.
I WANT TO SEE HIM STAB HIMSELF AND HAVE THE SWORD GO THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE AS WELL.
AND DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE A SILLY LOOKING SAMURAI SITTING ON HIS SWORD AS HE USES IT AS A POGO STICK.

EDIT: FOXTROTTING SWORD HELICOPTER

?????????????

Smash Master
Hmm...

I'm not sure how serious/not serious anyone is about KOS-MOS, but...

I didn't realize that Xenosaga Episodes I & II were released on the Nintendo DS...well, sort of. Maybe it isn't horribly farfetched.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
How do you guys feel about Captain N as a valid candidate to consider? (Line of Mr.G&W (a system), and ROB (a toy)... Captain N (a show))?

One would be quick to asume he's "4th party" but check this out.

So the two highlights are... He was created by a Nintendo staff member (meaning he's Nintendo's creation), and Nintendo itself decided to air the show.

That makes him technically a Nintendo character in his own right. :)

I've been really tempted of making a thread for him.
And I think I will, at least for fun. :D
Make the thread. I would run naked howling through the mall if he got in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom