• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Valhalla Smash Tournament Thread. Valhalla resumes October 1st!

zApollo

Smash Ace
Did (will do) shoutouts in person

Results (15 entrants)

Brawl Singles Top 8 (15 entrants)

1. Apollo ($40)
2. W150 ($25)
3. DoMo ($15)
4. GrimTuesday
5. Aces
5. Ghostbone
7. Hype
7. Lespar

Brawl Doubles (12 entrants)

1. DoMo and Aces ($20)
2. Apollo and LV9 CPU
3. Grim and W150
nfi about rest since bracket got deleted at the end

Good job all!

Splice

Smash Hero
well at least Aces + DoMo won.

But u guys lost to them, still...
**** Mason, that is not what i call synergy lol

zApollo

Smash Ace
Oops sorry guys, used to always get Grim/Ghost mixed up. Bad habits die hard.

And the sets against Aces and Domo were very close until they figured out how to spam nado to destroy luigi :p

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
Nova said 1st place in both Melee and Brawl will be at least $400 ($400 = 1st place), basically whatever the pot is, Nova will add in an amount to push it past $400 (this only applies to first place, the other places get no boost). Plus probably a pick of his imfamous lucky dip number thing (two people have won sponsorships to interstate tourneys out of this), while Apollo, has... worse luck.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Those are some pretty sad looking doubles results. I don't know whether it's just that Apollo is amazing, or you guys are just bad at doubles. I want MM's with all of SA in brawl at reloaded please! Edit: $5 minimum.

@Apollo: MK's Nado is the bane of Luigi's existence.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Those are some pretty sad looking doubles results. I don't know whether it's just that Apollo is amazing, or you guys are just bad at doubles.
Well, I have never teamed with W150 before. Ghost and I could easily beat Apollo + a LV9 CPU.

I think SA is quite strong in doubles to be honest... Grim + Ghost, Aces/Apollo + DoMo and Apollo + Nova are all good :)

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Bo5 $20 each would be fine imo.

Rules will be whatever the rules are at Reloaded obviously.

Prepare to have your money taken :cool:

Remastered

Smash Lord
I agree, personally I think a good GnW and Pika are at the top for doubles, however niether are an easy win option. Dual MK shuts down so many possibilities for teamable characters. Not to mention the learning curve in a team situation for 2 MK's is incredibly small (You take one, and I'll take the other). Makes for a very unexciting doubles match.

However I don't mind Grim and Ghost both playing MK. They are playing to keep their money after all.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
G&W + ZSS da bess.

Snake + MK is probably more gay than MK + MK when they have port priority.

And I wouldn't say that the best strategy for a double MK team is to split into two 1v1's, when Grim and I play we generally try and stay together or surround the opponents most of the time. Team combos with two MK's can be interesting as well.
Since one of the things that makes a double MK team great is their dual pressure, what might normally be punishable really isn't because the other MK can defend the one that's vulnerable.

Splice

Smash Hero
G&W + ZSS WAS banned in Texas.

Texas > QLD

Less johns, more winning.

Ghost stop letting them know what to prepare for.
Grim shout me lunch at reloaded.

Top Bottom