• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saffron City - East Coast Regional MELEE Monthlies! ON HOLD indefinitely

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
For some reason mad heads are over in Cali LOL. So, I'm still hoping for a decent turnout.

I kinda would like to enter teams for once, but I doubt that's happening :laugh:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Well yeah, it's our hang out day, so count him in. Unless we wind up hanging out and I come later, idk right now. But I'll call you. Who's going btw?

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
Me tati and ROG r supposedly coming to this, assuming neither of us passes out @6am from drinking.

quick question: is this still MLG rules as stated in the first post? I really hope it is but i understand if ya changed it and havent updated first post.

also what time do ppl usually start showing up @?

still need answers

LLDL

Smash Hero
Idk what you mean by MLG rules. It uses the standard Melee ruleset. And people usually start showing up from 11-12

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hey crismas, just so you know, me and Eggm live in the same town (for seeding purposes) :>

Gonna be there about 2pm tommorrow. I should be able to make teams still right? If I get lucky maybe a bit earlier if i dip and theres not too much traffic.
Yo can you hop on the commentary for my setup LOL, everyone is at WC and you're probably the best one coming. You should do it more often, I like the no johns audio.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
thanks a bunch.

from like "lemme try this" to "the EC waffles/phil" to "yo you should commentate at apex".....I guess im doing something right lol. d1 is the one who got me into it.

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
Swift your commentary is super pro especially since you left commentating Hax vs Vanz match to commentate on mine that's pro haha :)

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Idk what you mean by MLG rules. It uses the standard Melee ruleset. And people usually start showing up from 11-12
No Floats, Corneria, Japes, Mute City, etc right? lol I remember the other tourney threads for Saffron didn't have those, and I think I remember there being some drama at the last one because someone thought they were still legal after looking at the first post. Haha

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
No Floats, Corneria, Japes, Mute City, etc right? lol I remember the other tourney threads for Saffron didn't have those, and I think I remember there being some drama at the last one because someone thought they were still legal after looking at the first post. Haha
so ur saying its pound4 rules?

id like an actual answer from cris or alex b4 the tourney plz!!

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
looks like ima make it to this, ima bring a project m set up to show off the new physics they ripped straight from melee. and i might need a teammate. im good in teams

Deathknight

Smash Ace
That'd be unfortunate because then I wouldn't be there to beat you in Gfs with my Mewtwo Lunarnova... I wouldn't want to have to resort to going up to my Bowser to win.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Smashjin and BenTeeze, we are playing by the Apex 2010 ruleset for this tournament. The Op does need to be updated.

APEX 2010: MELEE RULESET
Neutrals 1v1:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.
i want to show up for this, but I may be late, is doubles going first?
yeah doubles first

PK Webb

Smash Champion
yup they beasted.....yooooooooo GSO and his friend r mad gud they need to go to more tourneys

LLDL

Smash Hero
Vids are done and ready to upload, but no vids until i get some bracket and roundrobin results! Lol Good stuff crismas and Alex. And did you ever run a low tier or did everyone dip after singles.

Top Bottom