• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Samus

GyroTech

Smash Rookie
What if you could pick your beam before the battle? Like you could have the regular charge beam, the ice beam(which could freeze opponents), the wave beam(which fires in a spray like pattern AND reflects off surfaces once) and so on and so forth.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
What if you could pick your beam before the battle? Like you could have the regular charge beam, the ice beam(which could freeze opponents), the wave beam(which fires in a spray like pattern AND reflects off surfaces once) and so on and so forth.
I also thought this would be cool, but it would unbalance the game.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
...I want them to give Samus a third jump.

It would be a great nod t the space jump. And really, she really could use it.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Actually, I can see some functional use for spider ball as an tether for upB. Since there is a visable magnetic flow between spider ball tracks and the spider ball itself, the spider ball could tether itself to ledge to recover like ZSS's upB, but with less range of course.. Obviously not all ledges are made of magnetic metal, but lets not question that logic :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why not make Samus's Screw Attack work more like the item Screw Attack, as in, having another jump. It could be slightly tilted, like Pikachu's Quick Attack, but with far less movement freedom of coarse. And it could use some extra damage as an attack, and some slight super armor on it.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Actually, I can see some functional use for spider ball as an tether for upB. Since there is a visable magnetic flow between spider ball tracks and the spider ball itself, the spider ball could tether itself to ledge to recover like ZSS's upB, but with less range of course.. Obviously not all ledges are made of magnetic metal, but lets not question that logic :p
I'm not so sure that I like this idea. Replacing Samus's Screw Attack and replacing it with a tether is asking for trouble, IMO. Tethers have trouble dealing with edgehoggers. At least Screw Attack is better at forcing people off the ledge. Idk, I just really dislike tethers as a main form of recovery. :ohwell: Besides, Samus already has a zair tether. If you want to give her a new tether, replace her zair. It's really good when chars have both a tether and an attacking recovery. Examples are Samus, Sheik, and Lucas.

Why not make Samus's Screw Attack work more like the item Screw Attack, as in, having another jump. It could be slightly tilted, like Pikachu's Quick Attack, but with far less movement freedom of coarse. And it could use some extra damage as an attack, and some slight super armor on it.
I like this idea a lot. :)

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I'm not so sure that I like this idea. Replacing Samus's Screw Attack and replacing it with a tether is asking for trouble, IMO. Tethers have trouble dealing with edgehoggers. At least Screw Attack is better at forcing people off the ledge. Idk, I just really dislike tethers as a main form of recovery. :ohwell: Besides, Samus already has a zair tether. If you want to give her a new tether, replace her zair. It's really good when chars have both a tether and an attacking recovery. Examples are Samus, Sheik, and Lucas.
Oh, I dident mean in normal form. I meant in morph ball mode, if it got implemented. Screw attack is much more important than spider ball anyway, as her grapple beam is already a tether.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Im not sure. I think he just wants the screw attack improved.

As for spider ball I would image it would be like this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah mainly was talking about the Screw Attack but this looks amazing to! Am all for Down B being in Morph Ball mode anyway so this would greatly help out her game I feel!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think we can all agree that the Morph Ball mode is an addition that is long over due. Here's what I had in mind for its moves:

B: Spider Ball - Hold B to stick to the platform you're attached to, but it as a hold of only five seconds and can be cut by an attack. You can use it to attach yourself to a platform while mid-air (see BerryBomber).
Side B: Boost Ball - See Berry Bomber, but can also be used as a means of wall jumping. Any time during the animation, you can use Spider Ball.
Down B: Exit Morph Ball Mode
Up B: Power Bomb - Unlike the Metroid games, this explodes almost instantaneously and can be used to propel yourself. Leaves an explosion about the size of Mario and is mostly a nerfed Smart Bomb (it's not much a kill move).
A: Bomb - Behaves more like the ones in the Prime games meaning they can float and you can only have up to three out at a time.
X/Y: Jump

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
The screw attack is probably the most twisted and disfigured of her abilities. Regardless of the fact that you couldn't even use it in a straight up jump. I like how they brought back the whole bringing in enemies like the original, compared to knocking away enemies in melee. But it should be activated, and gives samus another jump and lasts until surface impact and even lasts through wall jumps. When activate it could give a small jump to stop momentum, and it bounces you up a little, similar to a morph bomb, and when it bounces you, you then pick your direction and jump.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah but it would need a kind of limit, or Samus would become a lighter weight character (not lighter than Captain Falcon) with faster and weaker moves (moves generally as strong as Brawl's but faster) so that she could have that kind of amazing recovery.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Samus is supposed to be this fast and deadly bounty hunter, and that comes out in ZSS, but not normal. Normal Samus should be heavier of course, but only the slightest bit slower and much stronger, because it seems like ZS got the better end in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked Brawl Samus being less physical based, but couldn't take the fact that her projectiles where so ****ty. It was a real let down. Couldn't believe it at first when I saw Samus was so far low on the tiers as I was just playing around with everyone new so I never noticed. But when I DID notice... :rolleyes:

I actually would like her to be a little faster and lighter, with the at least double Screw Attack (with no helpless state falling please) and buffed projectiles. She could use that little extra speed to help her with her zoning game. And also, it would keep the styles of Zero Suit Samus and Samus a little closer.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I would prefer a blend of original and melee, to bring back her ranged abilities, air strength, and smash strength without unbalancing her in speed or agility. But change up the screw attack and morph ball form.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I need to grow up.

Oh, so when you like sexual things, you need to grow up? I thought it was people who sneaked in an moderated others' messages because they think they're funny who needed to grow up...

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I need to grow up.

Oh, so when you like sexual things, you need to grow up? I thought it was people who sneaked in an moderated others' messages because they think they're funny who needed to grow up...
What?
But in her projectiles the only thing that got nerfed was the knock back especially on her blaster. On her jumps I would either want a third jump as a representation of her space jump, change to a double screw attack. And not just the straight up thing. Do it more like the the 2D games where a. Space jump screw attack got the same height as her normal jump.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
What?
But in her projectiles the only thing that got nerfed was the knock back especially on her blaster.
On her jumps I would either want a third jump as a representation of her space jump
, change to a double screw attack. And not just the straight up thing. Do it more like the the 2D games where a. Space jump screw attack got the same height as her normal jump.

That was my thought/idea!

Though, I would rather give her 4 to 5 jumps.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
You know what they should do? Add an Ice beam/ Ice missile effect to her charge shot/Missiles.

It should probably activate with a 1/8 chance, much like luigi's explosive green missile. Does this sound good?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It would slow down opponents if they're at high %, and yes, it would make her projectiles even more annoying. So why not?

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
I was expecting them to actualy be encased in a block of ice, much like what **** the freezie does to you, but slowing down works too. :p

Top Bottom