• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

∫unk

Smash Master
yeah there's no doubt i'm maining jiggs he's way too much fun has brawl's floatiness too

you just read where ppl go i was resting ppl out of predicted jumps hahahaha

dante was like "jun u hav to stop doin that" but i wasn't getting punished that bad so w/e (like they were already committed to a move usually if i missed)

∫unk

Smash Master
i've decided if you ledge stall me/don't approach/just be really gay in a brawl friendly, i'm either going to (in order of likeliness):
1) extreme sandbag the rest of the match
2) stop playing altogether
3) counterpick your worst matchup
4) be just as gay back

case in point:
i want to play a serious match with a friend (still a friendly though because it's not tournament or mm). i get him in a situation where my character ***** and his gets ***** (him hanging on the ledge me standing near the ledge). so what's he do? ledge stall until i either go away or i make a mistake.

i understand where this thinking comes from, but this isn't tourney. i almost never stall on the ledge with marth especially in a friendly (i'll just choose an option and hope i don't get read) even though marth is one of the worst characters on the ledge.

even in a serious friendly don't be gay. it's still a friendly. it's not like you're going to forget how to ledge stall when it comes to tournament.

same concept applies to camping in friendlies. seriously i don't care if i beat you and you shouldn't care if you beat me.

∫unk

Smash Master
no because the best way to deal with it in brawl is just to run out the clock if you're in the lead or call a TO to watch the match for excessive stalling

edit: warp and i are entering melee doubles next week LOL

Tagxy

Smash Lord
no because the best way to deal with it in brawl is just to run out the clock if you're in the lead or call a TO to watch the match for excessive stalling
Or use pika and jolt him from the stage =D . jk. Btw thanks again for having me over last week, you mind if i come over again tomorrow? Also thanks again for all your marth tips!

∫unk

Smash Master
I lost in tetris for the first time yesterday. Stan beat me 2 out of 3 games.

Well technically I lost to george too he was beating me in the beginning.

I blame melee training.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=67110833368

for those that use facebook

Also the next event will probably be our monthly as a concurrent event. Junk said that he liked the venue and could hold a good number of people and set-ups. plus it's a newer, nicer location.

(btw that pic on facebook is not representative of the event...just for show)
so when would that happen? How about around spring break or something?

∫unk

Smash Master
if i played melee seriously, i would have to stop playing brawl competitively

basically once i feel like i got super legit at brawl i think i would put time into melee

but a bunch of non-regular smashers are coming tonight (nezumi/the truth). srk is also goign to be there

feel free to come i'll play brawl melee 64 i dont care

6521 cordoba apt 13

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
if i played melee seriously, i would have to stop playing brawl competitively

basically once i feel like i got super legit at brawl i think i would put time into melee

but a bunch of non-regular smashers are coming tonight (nezumi/the truth). srk is also goign to be there

feel free to come i'll play brawl melee 64 i dont care

6521 cordoba apt 13
from when to when? I may pop in if time permits

∫unk

Smash Master
aj gets grabbed, u-thrown doesn't DI, then pauses the game to make a phone call

THEN I REPEATEDLY TELL HIM TO GO THROUGH ALL THE CHARACTERS TO MAKE SURE I GET THE REST BUT HE DOESNT LISTEN, UNPAUSES WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE CHARACTERS SO NO ONE BUT HIM WAS READY (it was a teams match) I END UP GETTING HIT AND DYING

then he ends up winning by 1 stock soooo i was pretty D:

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
aj gets grabbed, u-thrown doesn't DI, then pauses the game to make a phone call

THEN I REPEATEDLY TELL HIM TO GO THROUGH ALL THE CHARACTERS TO MAKE SURE I GET THE REST BUT HE DOESNT LISTEN, UNPAUSES WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE CHARACTERS SO NO ONE BUT HIM WAS READY (it was a teams match) I END UP GETTING HIT AND DYING

then he ends up winning by 1 stock soooo i was pretty D:

hey I'm pretty sure my lvl 9 CPU partner was also ready...

but yeah sorry about that...I was kinda rushed cuz my friend that called was the signal for me to leave...also sorry I had to leave. that was kinda lame too

∫unk

Smash Master
ya there's car space

annnnd i'm not going to check this very often anymore (only when I'm at the library)

i'm dropping off my computer at home (it's way too addicting) so i can do well in school next quarter

just call or text/swing by randomly in the future

(650) 773-9918

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Way to be supportive of Junk's sacrifice for the sake of his schooling!
O BTW, JUNK, MY MOM SAID YES ABOUT THE THING I WAS TALKING TO YOU ABOUT, IMMA CALL YOU ABOUT IT TODAYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom