• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SBaN #8: ECCSL Event #2 - SSBB. July 25th 2009

pastaboy

Smash Champion
pastaboy you're soft, you said you were coming to pownz and that top 3 was a dream. you owe me 1 hell of a money match bro.
yo son, my ride decided last minute they culd go and i wasnt home at the time, if i was i wulda went. and i said top 3 was an dream cuz at the time kingace and ambrose where still on the list.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I have a scheduling request: would it be possible to cover Brawl all in 1 day and Melee all in 1 day? It would save Toronto and Mississauga players from making 2 trips if they're only interested in 1 game. Also switching back and forth between Melee and Brawl is extremely annoying

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ I dont have a grip also and but im pretty sure its not a modified controller.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Okay, I was asking, because well, I'm more used to using a controller with no grip, and I play better with it. I guess it may have been like a performance enhancer for me. But it's not like a shorthop mod, not everyone can play better with it. I just wanted to be sure.

Gichan

Smash Champion
LOLOL, Nasir just got *****.

Anyways, either this tourney's name changes or the other one does. It totally destroys the Final OIN thing.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
'Final only in niagara' should change because it isn't the final one. Its the last one Ayaz/Max will be TO'ing because they are leaving niagra.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Yo Niko sign me up for this.

I'll be looking for a cheap used TV, so I may be able to bring a TV down for this, but I can't say for sure yet....I'll let you know as soon as I figure things out.

idea

Smash Master
subscribed. probably coming for melee. i see no reason not to =P

i suggest someone advertise this in the gta thread.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Il probably be there with 2 wiis :)

Sadly, my parents will never ever let me bring a tv there.

Greg_2390

Smash Rookie
Put Greg down for melee, ill try and bring a cube/wii with melee. Ill see what i have lying around when the time comes.

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
Dude can anyone possibly give me a ride to this ?? I live in Brampton but if I come I might be able to bring about 4-5 t.vs maybe more depends on how many the ride can fit

edit: also im confused is this taking the place of the final oin? is this the final oin but as an occsl event or whatever or was the other one the final oin. or is this the final oin taking the place of that final oin.

edit2: ~______~

Patches

Smash Master
Dude can anyone possibly give me a ride to this ?? I live in Brampton but if I come I might be able to bring about 4-5 t.vs maybe more depends on how many the ride can fit

edit: also im confused is this taking the place of the final oin? is this the final oin but as an occsl event or whatever or was the other one the final oin. or is this the final oin taking the place of that final oin.

edit2: ~______~
This being the final OiN is up in the air right now. Niko said he's gonna talk to Ayaz about it because of Ayaz's school stuff or something. If Niko takes charge of Final OiN, then there is a good chance that this tournament will become OiN.

Niko_K

Smash Master
There may have been a scheduling issue at Club LaSalle. They have contacted me and let me know that they might have booked me on a weekend that has ALREADY been booked. If this is the case I'll have to switch it over to the Grantham Lions Club *right around the corner*

The reasons this is relevant are:

-The venue price nearly triples (goes from $200 to $500/ night)
-I may be introducing a $5 low tier tournament with 25% of the pot going towards the venue....

-OR just HYPE THE **** OUT OF THIS and 100 people @ 10$ venue fee will cover both days!

If anyone could help me devise a plan to work around this issue please help with brainstorming! XD

idea

Smash Master
melee low tier, brawl, or both?

either way, that sounds like a really good way of getting more money, so i say you take a vote here to see who would be up for a low tier tourney in whichever game. (who counts as low tier in brawl, anyway?)

...maybe you could do an all-falcon tourney. i'd enter that for both games.

of course, first see if the first venue is for sure unavailable.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm down for this
On the list you go. 41st person to confirm! Are you bringing any other CoS players or gear?

melee low tier, brawl, or both?

either way, that sounds like a really good way of getting more money, so i say you take a vote here to see who would be up for a low tier tourney in whichever game. (who counts as low tier in brawl, anyway?)

...maybe you could do an all-falcon tourney. i'd enter that for both games.

of course, first see if the first venue is for sure unavailable.
I assumed the low tier tournaments would be the best way to help cover the venue fee.

Which would lead me to the scheduling...

Should Melee and Brawl have seperate days? With their respected low tier tournaments on each day? Or should I have both games run intertwined on both days?

Also 41 people are confirmed, check the OP for the list of equipment to make sure I have you on there. If you can bring gear LET ME KNOW ASAP

Niko_K

Smash Master
I don't know where you got that idea, but the date, name, and ECCSL properties of this tournament are staying the way they are....

Top Bottom