• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC — BANishment — 10/17/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Yeah, I've been 13 since April 19th. >.> I'm just the kinda person who doesn't care if someone makes a pointless mistake.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
thunder, clearly this man is looking into another camera as this one is taking a picture. therefore this is fourth party cam whoring....?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Wish I could afford to go.

Although I'd probably be a lot more interested if there were Melee. I might also make an attempt to go if there is >.>

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I just asked off of work for this. I'll bring as many other NC bros as can fit in my car.

Would be willing to add brawl+?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
we were already planning on doing brawl+ last i checked. And it seems we have a good melee interest, so omega we should do melee.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I just asked off of work for this. I'll bring as many other NC bros as can fit in my car.

Would be willing to add brawl+?
we were already planning on doing brawl+ last i checked. And it seems we have a good melee interest, so omega we should do melee.
Melee would be good too but I prefer brawl+. I'm sure others disagree with me of course.
Yeah, this one is most defiantly Devin's tourney -- but I'll see if he wants to add in B+ -- I know I would play in that [Much love to Melee <3] :chuckle: -- I am just providing the venue ^_^

(We actually have plans to put another game in...but that's on the low....so if melee babies or B+ers want to come what they hay....but it's up to Dev!)

B+ Falco all day!!!!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Results thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8198851#post8198851

I will be requesting a moderator to watch this thread and would like everyone to take discussions with me personally about how the event went to PMs. The results thread will be watched as well.
and Omni should have known that If going to hold Brawl+ and Brawl on a one day tourney that's it's going to take a very long time, way past midnight, especially if he new there was going to be a nice turnout.
The next Omni tourny should just be regular Brawl. That was the majority of the players. We couldn't even do best 3 out of 5s for B+ single final matches since time was running out.
Call me a jerk all you want, but this tournament was run horribly. We obviously weren't going to finish on time so people stopped playing their matches and when there was debates about what to take care of first the TO was no-where to be find. This was one of the only singles tournament where dub actually entered and other players which would be new to the pr's were shacking things up and instead of us coming out with some results, we where left with 7 or so players still in the tourney and therefor no results to speak of. No johns, I lost far and square, but I know I was so pissed off that I wasn't playing at my best and I am sure others felt the same way. Omni if you have to set such a stringent time limit on your tournaments thats fine but don't expect to be able to get done when you advertised enough that the tournament was relatively large and then were so disorganized that there was no way it would have finished before 3 and we didn't even do 3 out of 5 finals. I have some ideas for you to get done on time if you plan to hold a tournament again. Please get in contact with me if you would like the advice because I fear that tournaments like these make people not want to attend again, i know it did that for me.

Oh and I almost forgot david (tho) was put in the losers bracket for no reason other than you didn't know what was going on and instead of talking to him to figure out his plans you just gave him a lose, effectively ruining the losers bracket since to be honest david is probably the best brawl+ player in the state.
That's why we're not running two events in one day. Not calling out Omni's ability as a TO or doubting mine, but I've never used this venue before, and the last tournament left a sour taste in my mouth for trying to do too much with too little time.

I'm also severely against running doubles and singles at the same time, Bill might be able to do it at his fests, but things run smoother and are less chaotic when people don't have to be two places at once.

If this one runs well, and people bring setups, then B+ will be on the agenda for next time. However, unlike Omni, I'm trying to think ahead and plan for the worst—better safe than sorry, and unlike Bill, I'm not going to have singles placed on hold for doubles matches or vice-versa.

Edit:

There also won't be any ****ing with the bracket, you'll play who you play unless you rode together. We don't play favorites down here.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Point taken, I suppose. It's just disappointing to drive 3 hours to a tourney that only runs one game. I understand your point and respect your decision. It's just disappointing.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Point taken, I suppose. It's just disappointing to drive 3 hours to a tourney that only runs one game. I understand your point and respect your decision. It's just disappointing.
Its also disappointing to drive four hours to a tourney and have it not finish. id rather have it like this, making sure it all goes smoothly.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
What's there to be disappointed in when a tournament runs smoothly and finishes on time?

I'm not going to reference Omni's tournament when it comes to disappointment, because there's no need to start a flame war—I'm just not in to making promises I can't keep.

Like I said, there's always next time for Melee & Brawl+.

Hope you'll still come and bring some people.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
I have to say there's some changes in the SC smash community when I was completely absent from scene for the summer. I knew Brawl was a disappointment so there will be people who may end sticking to Melee, but now there's Brawl+ to help split the interest? ::sigh:: A modified game typically should get too much support in tournament, but I guess it shows how much of a disappointment it is to competitive smashers.

Anyways, I hate to say it like this, but my attendance would depend on the number of people attending this tournament. I only work Friday and Saturday and money is a big issue for me. Sundays would are great days for me to do these, but seems bad for everyone else. :( There need to be a lot diversity in order to help make me feel like the lost of work is worth it. I feel like all I play are the people who Ryan and I original met at GE bi-weeklies: Devin, Crio, ARS, Jman, and Joe.

I support the Brawl only concept. Last bi-weekly I went to (which is a WHILE back) had Melee and Brawl and despite the low turn out there will still a split of players who just wanted to play Melee and ones who will play Brawl.

Anyways, that's my ramble.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I have to say there's some changes in the SC smash community when I was completely absent from scene for the summer. I knew Brawl was a disappointment so there will be people who may end sticking to Melee, but now there's Brawl+ to help split the interest? ::sigh:: A modified game typically should get too much support in tournament, but I guess it shows how much of a disappointment it is to competitive smashers.

Anyways, I hate to say it like this, but my attendance would depend on the number of people attending this tournament. I only work Friday and Saturday and money is a big issue for me. Sundays would are great days for me to do these, but seems bad for everyone else. :( There need to be a lot diversity in order to help make me feel like the lost of work is worth it. I feel like all I play are the people who Ryan and I original met at GE bi-weeklies: Devin, Crio, ARS, Jman, and Joe.

I support the Brawl only concept. Last bi-weekly I went to (which is a WHILE back) had Melee and Brawl and despite the low turn out there will still a split of players who just wanted to play Melee and ones who will play Brawl.

Anyways, that's my ramble.
You don't remember me? D: D: D:

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
That's why we're not running two events in one day. Not calling out Omni's ability as a TO or doubting mine, but I've never used this venue before, and the last tournament left a sour taste in my mouth for trying to do too much with too little time.

I'm also severely against running doubles and singles at the same time, Bill might be able to do it at his fests, but things run smoother and are less chaotic when people don't have to be two places at once.

If this one runs well, and people bring setups, then B+ will be on the agenda for next time. However, unlike Omni, I'm trying to think ahead and plan for the worst—better safe than sorry, and unlike Bill, I'm not going to have singles placed on hold for doubles matches or vice-versa.

Edit:

There also won't be any ****ing with the bracket, you'll play who you play unless you rode together. We don't play favorites down here.
I wholeheartedly agree with this, the venue is nice but nothing to brag home about, it's just a place for a nice size tourney nothing to the scale of huge monthlies or HERB (which I heard was AWESOME!!!) trust me I've all ready used it and know the crowd limit since it's my venue to begin with :chuckle:

But I look forward to this in the end, if Brawl runs smoothly and/or fast then MAYBE we can try and do something else...>_> <_<

zCasanova

Smash Lord
So you're saying the bracket wont be well seeded. Thats what I heard anyway.
TIO will seed the brackets, through location and player skill—there won't be any manual moves unless you're playing someone that you came with.

Manually placing everyone in the bracket, where you want them isn't seeding, and if it is, it's not the way to seed "well."

I know that's how you do it, but there's no legitimacy in that method—I recall overhearing Omni ask an unmentioned player if he wanted a hard seed, or an easy seed.

That's not seeding, that's ****ing with the bracket, and that's what we're trying to avoid—favortism shouldn't factor into how well someone places at a tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom