• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Reaver197

Smash Lord
This dream world isn't as nice as I thought it was going to be.

Maybe if I can dream of one where it had to reach double digits at least...

D

Deleted member

wavedash out of shield is too good

i am going to experiment with almost perfect wavedash out of shield into f-smash against falcos who want to shield pressure but kinda suck

Animal

Smash Lord
haha ya that prob wouldn't work. wavedashing out of shield is essential, but Dair out of shield is probably a better option if there "attempting" to shield pressure you.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
If by "attempting", you mean "failing miserably", then it's possible. Like, if the spacy waveshines around your shield, you might get away with it. Otherwise, if you're not Darkrain, weathering the barrage or rolling away are probably your better bets.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
haha ya that prob wouldn't work. wavedashing out of shield is essential, but Dair out of shield is probably a better option if there "attempting" to shield pressure you.
no.

10nos

Stomp out of shield works approx never. Spacie nair or utilt makes that look foolish. Unless you are frame perfect like Darkrain and make that work somehow.

S2J, as a part-time spacie, I really think WD out Ftilt > missed tech Knee would work.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
wd out of shield fsmash works often enough

dont waste it when theyre at low % though cause it wont work too many times

Tomacawk

Smash Master
This dream world isn't as nice as I thought it was going to be.

Maybe if I can dream of one where it had to reach double digits at least...
That world is called Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
If by "attempting", you mean "failing miserably", then it's possible. Like, if the spacy waveshines around your shield, you might get away with it. Otherwise, if you're not Darkrain, weathering the barrage or rolling away are probably your better bets.

LOLLLLL when did this thread get so funny?

also, jumping out of shine does take longer than 4 frames if you hit a shield or item or hurtbox
no johns

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
why would they give a childrens tv show character a huge fuzzy unibrow

thats pretty scary

along with oscar the grouch

D

Deleted member

f-smash trades with d-air

thats why i think almost perfect wavedash out of shield to f-smash will work on spacies that are kind of bad

stomp out of shield should never work but I go for it if they aren't a top or high tier spacey

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
f-smash trades with d-air

thats why i think almost perfect wavedash out of shield to f-smash will work on spacies that are kind of bad

stomp out of shield should never work but I go for it if they aren't a top or high tier spacey
lol then whats the point of doing it if it only works on people who suck

i remember i was up-bing out of shield this kids falco and he was like wow you should do that to everyone, that ish works

and so i tried doing it to this other kids falco....lmao no

he literally would do 3 jc shines on my shield after every dair...that was scary..

yea I see that

its creepy but funny at the same time
imagine being 5 and seeing that on TV

thats not funny

that would make you run to your mom

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
lol then whats the point of doing it if it only works on people who suck
it would work on plenty of people that are capable of beating you by a longshot

it doesnt matter what advice we give you, youre not gonna beat zhu at your current level. so take advice that might help you do better against someone in your league instead of pretending that non-top spacies are no problem for you

for example, if a falco is doing 3 jc shines on your shield after an aerial, stomp out of shield will hit him

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
it would work on plenty of people that are capable of beating you by a longshot

it doesnt matter what advice we give you, youre not gonna beat zhu at your current level. so take advice that might help you do better against someone in your league instead of pretending that non-top spacies are no problem for you

for example, if a falco is doing 3 jc shines on your shield after an aerial, stomp out of shield will hit him
no i dont think it will work plenty on someone that can beat me that actually mains falco or fox

its not like im bad lol

and i know when stomp OoS works

but most of the time it just doesnt

even top players make mistakes

for example they dash attack your shield

free stomp OoS

D

Deleted member

I just saw Mango try it against Zhu in a vid (didn't work though)

i think it's about as useful as stomp out of shield and it at least gives you another option

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
best options OoS in order are

WD
Roll
Nair (only cuz its faster then stomp)
Dair

thoughts? changes?

Animal

Smash Lord
why is everyone hating on the stomp out of shield? it is so ****, and i play on a pretty high level. I got 25th at SPOC Vlll out of 66. and that was my first tournament. i mean ya sometimes it doesnt work, but perfect shield pressure is hard to do, and if they space out a nair you can definetly stopm on their head. rolling is not a good option imo. its what they want you to do.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
not really

i think rolling gets you out of the pressure easy, and i dont think they want you to roll, there usually looking for a poke or for you to stomp OoS

usually the problem with stomp OoS is you just get hit

stomp takes a while to come out compared to shine nair dair jab from spacies and sheiks tilts

idk i love stomping OoS because its an easy combo starter, but in pressure situations, its best to try to get back to a neutral position instead of trying to do something, and then getting ***** for it and losing a stock

1 shine from falco = 60% damage guaranteed maybe stock
1 shine from fox = stock
1 tilt from sheik = grab =35% damage = more tilts = ftilt > fair = edgegaurd = stock

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i have to agree stomp OOS is usually not good

rolling is good but WD out of shield is best IMO

the best option is to not be in your shield with them near you to begin with

D

Deleted member

sometimes u have to gtf away and you gotta roll

but it starts to suk when you fight people who begin to read it and you get ***** for it

which is why i feel you need more options than simply roll, wavedash out of shield, any aerial out of shield (which should never work against a spammy fox)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
rolling out of shield isnt effective at all.

they have enough time to either shl or reverse short hop laser on reaction depending on which direction you go.
then they do a simple short hopped aerial you either get hit cuz you're still in laser stun or you sheild and the situation resets.

WD OoS fo life!

Top Bottom