• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Niko45

Smash Master
On IKM3, love 'Til I Collapse but I would have skipped the long intro. I would have started the song where the beat drops.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
heres a tip for you guys, most people may already know/use this...and this is stolen from watching SS videos

if you think the opponent will tech left/right and are trying to tech chase regrab, it works very well if you do down throw and then wavedash forward a little bit and then immediately start running to go grab them

throwing in a wavedash is crucial because it gives your mind some busy work to do while the animations go by so you dont just sit there and think about what they are going to do and that will keep it purely reactionary

Tomacawk

Smash Master
matt, it's also good because after the wd you are spaced and timed perfectly to jab reset if they didn't tech
that is why I dthrow>uthrow

PEEF!

Smash Hero
matt, it's also good because after the wd you are spaced and timed perfectly to jab reset if they didn't tech
that is why I dthrow>uthrow
Wait what? Uthrow leaves them closer than dthrow, making that wd easier to space right...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Hey guys.

I'm going to meet INSANE CARZY GUY at a tournament this weekend. Wish me luck, I hope i survive the encounter.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Wait what? Uthrow leaves them closer than dthrow, making that wd easier to space right...
uthrow also lags you longer and you cannot wd without missing an opportunity ona tech chase
however when you dthrow at low %'s, regardless of their DI, if you wd forwards asap you're in the perfect position to react.
either chase a grab if they teched a direction, jab if they didn't tech, whatever if they did tech. the timing and spacing comes out perfect

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
tomacawk: not if they DI away and dont tech

uthrow and dthrow basically even out, they hit the ground later with uthrow but it lags you longer

if you know theyre scared or something and want them to have the least amount of time possible to react, dthrow because then you might be able to predict them more easily. or if youre by the edge and want them to stay in front of you, dthrow. other than those situations the two are mainly interchangeable on fastfallers

Tomacawk

Smash Master
bigd at low percents I'm nearly positive it is guaranteed because they cannot DI far enough but I'll take your word for it
the thing is I have been doing this for a long time and I'd like to think at least 1 person would have DI'd away at least one time

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
VBM > ICG > LORDY > Rest of boards

@Rene
As a sheik main you have to alt falcon. How else do you make up for her lack of manliness and her gayness?
I alt falcon and I main sheik.

Don't get ***** by pichu!

_kSo_

Smash Master
dabbling with sheik helps out your reaction time for tech chasing, IMO, because for falcon, it is harder to land tech chases compared to sheik.

And for some reason, playing ganondorf puts your falcon through hyperbolic time chamber training or somethin...0__o

otg

Smash Master
I dunno guys. Virusbluemage was a pretty amazing troll attempt, but it's really hard to out troll PC Jona. Dude STRIVES to troll all of you, and you constantly feed into his bull****. It's like unbelievable, you guys are making him obese.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
ICG's trolling is so unique though.

He doesn't even try to sound reasonable, and he gets mad at NOBODY.

Interesting Cereal Greg will make contact with the real world in like...20 hrs.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I remember when jona first joined.

He definitely was NOT trying to troll. he was a ****ing joke I couldn't even believe it.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
marth1 your lame

manalord your lame too i was like 14

everyone else I BRING LIFE INTO THE THREAD

when im gone wow is it lame in here

actually most of smashboards is boring without me IMO

even if i dont post in many places

seriously tho if your getting annoyed by my posts its because you havent met me and you cant take a joke

get a sense of humor and stop being ******** about a game forum

for real if one thing makes me mad its how people take this seriously

"im good at this game so if someone is trying to make a joke im going to LOL @ him and everyone is gonna back me up because im good at this game and because i've been here for years and because im too good at this game"

shut up son your playing a video game, no one takes you seriously, except the people that make smash their lives

get over it

lames

if your cool irl, awesome

but if you really are cool irl you wouldnt mind someone making a joke that you've never met

Top Bottom