• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I need some advice. I've been trying to implement SH bair/ Uair into DJ waveland off a platform into arial. I've only really had time to practice against computers. So im wondering if i can get some imput in this.

It seems like it could be useful for edgeguarding. Bair > waveland > Bair again or a surprise dair if they stay close to the stage.

D

Deleted member

I need some advice. I've been trying to implement SH bair/ Uair into DJ waveland off a platform into arial. I've only really had time to practice against computers. So im wondering if i can get some imput in this.

It seems like it could be useful for edgeguarding. Bair > waveland > Bair again or a surprise dair if they stay close to the stage.
doesn't sound like it will work or extremely situational

b-air platform edge cancel b-air sounds way better though, i use that at low percents and get two fast b-air hits

but feel free to try

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
falcon's so easy to edge cancel.. I've been practicing perfect edge canceling(not sliding off). Ie, full jump stomp perfect edge canceled on YS top platform is sex.

Unfortunately, as Joe knows, i can't jump. I try to dash dance shffl and i dash attack lol. I'm like reneblade on steroids.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
oh man i do that all the time

the worst is when you want to dash dance and shffl a stomp so you try to use the c stick, and you just keep dash dancing

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
on a Battlefield platform, stomp edge cancel, immediately into raptor boost edge cancel the same platform, but other side of it, then jump and knee :D

rapin those level 1 comps all dai

JPOBS

Smash Hero
on BF if you run off the inner edge one of the two lower platforms and DJ you can ledge cancel any aerial off the top platform's far side pretty auto.

upair is kind atricky though cuz if you do it too early you just stasnd on the top platform s u have to wait a bit then do it.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
on BF if you run off the inner edge one of the two lower platforms and DJ you can ledge cancel any aerial off the top platform's far side pretty auto.

upair is kind atricky though cuz if you do it too early you just stasnd on the top platform s u have to wait a bit then do it.
this is pretty easy on yoshi's story also from a waveland/dash from the inner low platform to the top platform far side. at least with a knee, i haven't tried all them, but off the top of my head i knee is easy to do.

D

Deleted member

yeah most of the platforms, especially yoshis are designed for automatic edgecancels off of a waveland

a cool battlefield trick against fox is when they are forced to recover vertical and aren't that high, do an up-air to runoff knee

if they are at 0 then do knee --> run off knee

`DNS`

Smash Lord
falcon's so easy to edge cancel.. I've been practicing perfect edge canceling(not sliding off). Ie, full jump stomp perfect edge canceled on YS top platform is sex.

Unfortunately, as Joe knows, i can't jump. I try to dash dance shffl and i dash attack lol. I'm like reneblade on steroids.
lol
sup reneblade

Roneblaster

Smash Hero

how so? do you dropzone multiple shyguys @ a time, then miss 50% of your l-cancels instead of only 25%?

also i just learned how to ledgehop nair, so you need to take that out of your arsenal.

i may have completely mis-interpreted what you said, and made the opposite points of what i want to, but i love making fun of myself, so its whatever.

edit

sup everybody?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
how so? do you dropzone multiple shyguys @ a time, then miss 50% of your l-cancels instead of only 25%?

also i just learned how to ledgehop nair, so you need to take that out of your arsenal.

i may have completely mis-interpreted what you said, and made the opposite points of what i want to, but i love making fun of myself, so its whatever.

edit

sup everybody?
Anything of a ledgehop from a Falcon can be out spaced with a simple Ganon backfist or Fair. lol. It never works. I'm sure there's other moves from other characters as well lol.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
kage, reneblade, rom 3, falcon trittoes.

I remember when kage wasn't famous and he beat me in a falcon ditto mm and i was sad =(

then I practiced mad hard and got determined but now kage secondaries falcon so idk i won't beat him =(

but i'll try bc im mana lord i'll get mad drunk or stoned or snort adderall and **** him up somehow

edit: i remember i got triple baired on yoshis and kage loved it. if i di'ed away or up i would've died for some reason i was in the top left corner of the screen getting baired

ps drunk right now and its only 2pm and i'm at work

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If they're ledgehopping into attacks, the only thing you have to be worried about is the invincibility. Once that wears off, they're probably lagging, just recovering out of lag, etc. So then it's all gravy and you can hit them and make them suffer. Any character can do this, too. Even characters as worthless as Kirby and Pichu.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Falcon's best attack off the ledge is to drop off the ledge and respawn to save time and maybe throw the opponent off balance.

The Clod Zero is okay too.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Mario, Doc, Sheik, and a handful of other characters all can invincible ledgedash effectively from the edge so no that's not true at all.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
kage, reneblade, rom 3, falcon trittoes.

I remember when kage wasn't famous and he beat me in a falcon ditto mm and i was sad =(

then I practiced mad hard and got determined but now kage secondaries falcon so idk i won't beat him =(

but i'll try bc im mana lord i'll get mad drunk or stoned or snort adderall and **** him up somehow

edit: i remember i got triple baired on yoshis and kage loved it. if i di'ed away or up i would've died for some reason i was in the top left corner of the screen getting baired

ps drunk right now and its only 2pm and i'm at work
No matter what you do, there is no escape.. that is the warrior way lol. Also, yes I would love to fight.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
all characters in this game have something thats gay

minus falcon

jiggs-made of 100% gay
fox-shine
falco-dair/shine
sheik-sheik
marth-sword tiara
peach-girl
samus-girl
ganon-pause during his taunt
doc-cape/bair

that pretty much covers the characters people use

Niko45

Smash Master
Everything about CFalcon is wack. Also I think the CF boards officially John more than the doc boards now OTG your thoughts

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ganon, pause during taunt? rofl.

I'd say Ganon downair is pretty **** gay when you are off stage lol. Or reverse upair no? Or his fist!! It just goes so far!

xbombr

Smash Ace
Ganon's DAir is gay onstage too. You **** up and get under him, then you take 22% and possibly another 17% from FAir or some other sick *** Ganon combo.

So gay.

Top Bottom