• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you live close to the venue for apex? i mean i definitely want to come to APEX, 600+ ppl, are you ****in kidding me? which of you Lethal Intajection mofos want to house me, or do you guys no live close to the venue for either?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Lol, thats hot s2j.

In other news, i've been getting shield grabbed out of the 2nd hit of jab when trying to gentleman. I don't delay the timings or anything, and everyone is doing it to me. It is becoming really annoying. : /

PEEF!

Smash Hero
lol @ SMYM i beat chad's fox and lost to his pikachu twice
i guess that makes me like...better than darkrain???!
It makes you inverse darkrain.

He was at Herb3.

Tom you wanna play this weekend? I'll *** come to you.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
question: after what percentage is it safe for Peach to take a Dair? (meaning dair will not connect to fair)
it's never safe for anyone to take a dair. don't get ****ing stomped if you don't wanna get ****ing kneed. :p

EDIT: for example... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZDTs_mNy2U how the hell did he have that much time to do w/e he wanted?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Back to my question. How do you guys full hop for dthrow knee on peach for example. It seems like I can only short hop. If I fullhop then I feel like im sitting on the button for eons and my knee seems like it wont come out in time and I can't aim it good.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
practice?

i never had a problem with that...that i can remember anyways

its just probably something stupid your not thinking about

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Like, the tendency to just shorthop is really powerful. Do you just press the jump button long and then knee late and it still hits?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i use A for those, so i can hit it while im still holding Y even, or right afterwards if im not still holding it

but i dunno, i just have an instinct on how to push things for fullhops and how to for short hops, hasnt been an issue really

Magus420

Smash Master
Press and hold X/Y with one part of your thumb and roll over to press A with a different part so you don't let go of X/Y until afterwards. Are you trying to press X/Y and then relocating your thumb to press A separately?

Magus420

Smash Master
If you use the c-stick you'll want to claw instead since you'd either get a SH or slow knee that way. I press/hold my index on Y and thumb for c-stick. Helpful for u-throw knee peoples when they DI full behind.

legion598

Smash Ace
its easiest to use A for knees that require full forward DI. claw is very useful when u want to use full hop Uair in the same way (full hop Uair> knee) at higher %s when the Uair sends them far away. for backwards full hop knees and stationary full hop knees from Uthrow I just tap jump> c-stick knee

D

Deleted member

if they DI full back switch to pointer on Y and thumb on c-stick to press right

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah scar just search the members list for DAlegendarysauce or crashman, and then look at all the threads theyve created

EDIT: you cant even do that hahahahah

Top Bottom