• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
my good / bad matchups seem to fluctuate, it's annoying. you know, for a couple of weeks i **** space animals but get owned by peach, then a few weeks later i get on top of my peach problem but then develop a marth problem, or i overcome my marth problem and struggle with spacies again.

but no matter what, sheik is always a ****.

I wish i knew how you falcon pro's kept it consistent against every matchup.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Claw is so under-rated. I'm glad playing Halo instilled the learned instincts of the claw into me before I even played this game

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
after playing a little the past couple days,i've realized how much of a hassle it is to play against non-aggressive players (for me anyway).i tend to dd a lot (dd "camp"?) and grab/attack people as they L-cancel or something,or just mess up in general.the problem i face is that the sheiks and falcos that dont really approach kind of throw me off my game,so i end up overworking myself trying to get that first stock so they have more of an incentive to approach.any ideas when its dead even though?

edit: the question isnt limited to just campy sheiks and falcos.you guys probably already got that though haha

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
marth1: its cause hmw puts his videos in widescreen

it makes everyone look faster when they move side to side

Tomacawk

Smash Master
You kept your claw? I lost mine when i started to learn L-canceling.
Yeah. It was AWOL for the first year and a half I played, but I am to the point where I don't even "think" about clawing, I seemlessly move from claw to non-claw when a situation arises when I need to claw. Sometimes I L cancel rather than R cancel without thinking about it because my R is already pressed (wd oos) or sometimes for no reason at all.
The fact that I am ambidextrous may play a role in this because I never really practiced any of it (besides L for wd oos), it just naturally happens.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Local Tucson tourney today, I'll update you guys when they're uploaded with commentary. Featuring Forward, Axe, GG7, and me :D The Falcon dittos are amusing, like always. There was a match of me and Axe going toe to toe buttttt I'll just let you guys watch the match when it's up.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
How should I fight a sheik who is really smart and is aggressive when need be and shield grabs a lot? Also how do I fight an aggressive fox who can waveshine, nair shine (that is soooooooooo broken) and gimp like its nobody's business.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
grabs, thats how leviathan, sheik cant do anything but fair or nair out of shield, and hopefully you wont get comboed out of those unless you miss your tech.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
sheik can spot dodge out of shield and then **** you for missing a grab

if they do this too much you can punish it, but sheik is enough of a ***** for this to be really difficult

Scar

#HarveyDent
so scar im curious

what is it like working 80 hour work weeks?
eh

really depends dude

it would really suck worse than anything else in the world if you weren't happy at work, or doing something you didn't think actually mattered

but if you're really happy and passionate about what you're doing it only sucks 90% of the time

Scar

#HarveyDent
How should I fight a sheik who is really smart and is aggressive when need be and shield grabs a lot? Also how do I fight an aggressive fox who can waveshine, nair shine (that is soooooooooo broken) and gimp like its nobody's business.
s2j where the f are you

shiek sucks if she's aggressive, wtf can she do, dash attack rofl grab to ****, approach in the air rofl uair to ****

if she's shieldgrabbing u ur doin it wrong stop attacking start running around

fox is gay, the description you provided however is every single fox you will ever play in tournament in a remotely active region so get used to it

learn to grab tech chase (it's gay but you have to do it. you have no choice), never miss any knee opportunities i.e. all uthrows at 100% or higher or dairs at 60% or higher

once you can beat a good fox you probably have pretty solid gameplay, so like work on literally everything

if he's really aggressive run away and darkrain (fade back dair/bair)

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lol dont you hate grab tech chasing

i wanna do it sometimes to win but im like this is so homo

its like sheik

screw it tho i think ima start just doing that and after like 5 grabs then go for a stomp or knee

if sheiks can do it then ima just do it

screw looking sexy, that ish is over falcon is losing to everyone in this game

even samus

Animal

Smash Lord
^ didn't hax make a thread about this? lol. Falcon nair best move in the game

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
after seeing s2j's replay vs kira, the mu seems SLIGHTLY more beatable if you treat it like a puff mu and only go in for occasional nairs/uairs (only following up if it's like 90-100%) and constantly retreating. . . im talking about to the point where it would get really annoying. . .
I know it doesnt sound very manly, but I mean if you really wanted to beat the sheik. . . .
You Think sheiks are going to get sick of it eventually and start approaching with dashattacks/grabs? or is this just wishful thinking and an average-good sheik will just resort to running back to camp needles?

im talking about non-fd stages of course

eh

really depends dude

it would really suck worse than anything else in the world if you weren't happy at work, or doing something you didn't think actually mattered

but if you're really happy and passionate about what you're doing it only sucks 90% of the time
heh thanks
I think that's the first time Ive seen you actually answer that question after like 12 (or so) ppl asking (which is probably an answer within itself), which is good cause I was starting to get real curious

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i was just giving him options to counter shield-grabbing, jsut grab instead of doing an aerial.

also i got kicked out of my house last night, so i guess my falcon was just tooooo good for my parents too handle.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
^^^ or you told your stepdad that he is a fool.

I mean, both are pretty impressive.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
meh, he just called me a liar and i wasn't lying to him. so i was like "youre a fool if you think im lying to you." and he was like "you can take your **** and get out."

Top Bottom