• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

pockyD

Smash Legend
just look at what characters typically 'dominate' at the competitive level under the highest; 'dominate' not like getting first regularly, but 'dominate' as in consistently taking up like half of the top spots... it will always be fox or falco

sheik dominates until people learn the basic techs (and especially learn how to DI), which is honestly pretty low on the competitive ladder

the characters of the top players regionally typically vary, because when there's a skill gap, they can overcome character ability, but when you get to the typical jumbled mass of similarly-skilled players, more often than not, it is mostly foxes and falcos

demodemo

Smash Ace
i dont know where to look for a cf matchup chart, and i think it would be a lot easier to find the answer here, so yeah

how is the cf vs ganon matchup? I was ****** my friend today for like 3 hours, and im beginning to think it's just because of the matchup. I find that it is just soo easy to combo him, nair ***** him like crazy, and i can chaingrab him at low percents. However, a couple of weeks before i was getting ***** by his insane priority+range aerials. I'm pretty sure the matchup is in falcon's favour, but by how much?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ganon's worst matchup falcon? Hell no, lol. Ganon's Nair beats Falcon's Nair, also backair. As a standard, in the low percentage I try to stay on falcon to keep pressure and if i get comboed at more than 50%, I have to DI away to avoid it. If I can get a falcon off stage, he's dead unless I miss. Other than that, I just space hits and try to time Nairs or Fairs into falcon. And using forward B to space too is fun =P.

Hax 4-2 me at Pound 3 in a 20$ MM.
But I 3-0 him at Clash of titans 4, 10$ MM.

Ganon worst matchup would either spacies, with the same ratio then Sheik.. and then like marth/falcon. IMO.

But I consider myself a falcon slayer because my friend used to be much better than me and he played falcon and for months I've been trying to beat him with Ganon and eventually we got even lol. This is like at least 3-4 years ago and we got better together as a local team for a long time. And then came Pound 3 eventually.. and from there the US started to know me. =)

PB&J

Smash Hero
kage is really good vs falcon

its unsettling when you play him
he did ok vs darkrain but gawes and cornel beat him easy,but they play chaddd so the know exactly how to **** ganon..so dont mind what i just said ..if u play falcon correctly ganon can only wait for bad spacing from falcon

anyway..im picking up falcon can u tell...and i really want to know every little thing i can do to marth and i mean everything..please

DrewB008

Smash Lord
ganon can do nasty **** to falcos that mess up, but overall falco has the advantage for sure jona, i agree with kage's order

pb&j there are some good posts about marth in this thread somewhere, i might find them for you later but if you just scan back some pages you'll find some

Scar

#HarveyDent
i heard more about how it was a 1-match set on a random neutral lol

m2k (sheik) vs mango (jiggs) on DL64. wow.

Scar

#HarveyDent
scar how big will alukard's melee tourney on march 7th be
Probably all of tristate but if you/other MW players want to go we could prob get new england down, and canada randomly shows up for stuff too, we'd just have to hype it up

the ANMC one pulled in like 65 for singles.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
65 is pretty good

i just saw it was at a toy store or something and the posts all seemed like it was looking local, but its on the first weekend of my spring break so i might be able to swing by

Divinokage

Smash Legend
gawes and cornel beat who, me or darkrain? Lol.. in their dreams maybe.. I ***** them easily.

Yes, go Vist!! haha.

Scar, if you want to rematch at genesis or before that perhaps.. I'm up for it. And how many singles or doubles match did you record?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh ****....people just got called out. Me and Ali got you next time.
No you don't! Except if you have enough spirit! =D One thing I hate is when lies spread around like Mooney saying going even with me!? Also me losing to a mewtwo? lol.. **** rumors, go away!!

Also Mango, MM my Ganon vs your falcon at Genesis? =D

Scar

#HarveyDent
65 is pretty good

i just saw it was at a toy store or something and the posts all seemed like it was looking local, but its on the first weekend of my spring break so i might be able to swing by
**** that would be awesome

Scar, if you want to rematch at genesis or before that perhaps.. I'm up for it. And how many singles or doubles match did you record?
absolutely and 5 singles matches w/ us (the MM) and basically all of the teams matches of me and hax

No you don't! Except if you have enough spirit! =D One thing I hate is when lies spread around like Mooney saying going even with me!? Also me losing to a mewtwo? lol.. **** rumors, go away!!

Also Mango, MM my Ganon vs your falcon at Genesis? =D
lol yeah people say **** that's blatantly not true. comes w/ the territory.

also Mango's falcon might beat your ganon lol he's not a true falcon player and might not get ***** by your ridiculous spacing b/c of that

Top Bottom