• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

DrewB008

Smash Lord
welcome to learning to play falcon

eventually you'll start to recognize patterns in their teching habits, and youll understand which way youll want to punish the different ways they might tech/not tech

it really is mostly a guessing game though, start practicing

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah just keep practicing and you'll learn. Also if people get-up attack predictably run up to them and double jump, don't fastfall. You should be in the air long enough to completely avoid the attack, and you can come down with an aerial or also probably just fall and grab.

Either that or rush in and shield on top of them, if they getup attack you'll shield it and you can grab them.. except Falcon's grab range blows so you might whiff.

Ja

Smash Journeyman
Why don't pro CFs don't light shield vs spacies? Theorywise it would seem that being pushed further away would help with shield pressure, and not being able to sg wouldn't matter that much because good spacies are rarely shield grabbed anyways.

Also what are good ways to use ccing? I really have no idea how to use it with cf.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i cc basically all the time if im in the lag of a move, you can try cc grab on people but it doesnt work a lot of the time because his grab range isnt too huge, pretty good in cf dittos when they fly at you with nair though

crouch canceling fox's nair lets you shield before the shine comes out, thats useful

cc dtilt works pretty good sometimes on marth/sheik

you just gotta get a feel for it mostly, anytime you know youre gonna get hit by a not too strong attack you should do it pretty much

jiano cc's get up attacks then runs in and grabs

and about light shield, falcon gets a lot of stuff by punishing people out of his own shield is one reason, but i dunno light shielding would probably be pretty good ive never really tried it before

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah light shielding sounds like a good idea vs spacies, I'm not exactly sure what the light shield mechanics are but I'll try using it more.

soap

Smash Hero
light shielding has more shield stun

this outweighs any spacing benefits imo in most cases

u get pushed farther away but they can just run up and hit u again

aquteen

Smash Ace
you can stand on a platform and light shield when you opponent comes back from a stock loss. Thats pretty much the only use I can see for it with falcon.

ratchet

Smash Cadet
2nd

Hi Scar,

Do you have a secondary? Not everyone can be leet enough to take on a defensive sheik or lazy falco, and I was wondering if you have any recommendations as to a good counterpick. I started this game with Samus, but have been playing exclusively falcon for a long time now. I find myself frustrated with certain matchups, but my falcon style of play is too aggresive to be applied to other characters (plus they all suck). I've been toying with gannon and samus, but nothing serious. What do you think? Just say **** everyone else and get better at falcon or what?

DrewB008

Smash Lord
any matchup where people think falcon does better than fox only seems that way because so many people play fox poorly and get chain grabbed by low tiers

fox vs samus is pretty easy for fox, people just dont know how to do it and they spam nair and die

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
falcon ***** peach harder, and ***** peoples lower then samus harder's except maybe a good dk

also fox is easy and gay....almost like sheik....when it comes to ease of use i think fox is numba 2 next to sheik, then marth.

anyways everyone uses fox..and marth..screw them they have a freakin 9.9 damit

DrewB008

Smash Lord
falcon doesnt **** peach at all really, i mean just think about the matchup its clearly about even. fox has a much easier time

and yeah everybody can do the required tech with fox, anything beyond the easy stuff is pretty much just flash

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
its so ridiculosuly hard...choosing which one to use!??!?!?

i dont even know man.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
in all seriousness though, I completely agree with Pocky.

you can watch videos of Foxes and see what they're doing and then just try to do that and you'll do pretty well. with sheik, I dunno, I find what she's doing a lot less tangible and thus harder to practice. like, getting all her tech is easy, but after that, getting better is really really hard.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
regardless..sheik requires alot more thinking since her game is based on reaction and predictino more than attack attack attack.

edit: and not tech skill...making her different from fox, falco...

Top Bottom