• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
from the wcsl vids that ive seen you barely use it =[

what if you lose =O noooooo lols

even tho your wc, im rootin for you always...idk why...

maybe its cuz puerto ricans like mangos lol

PB&J

Smash Hero
kage im talking about freindlies..cornel ***** any ganon and everybody knows that..he practices with chaddd and goes about even so if u are really telling me u will **** cornel..thats jut too funny..and didnt u play gawes in freindlies..

i was just saying it becaus e u were saying u were a falcon slayer and im pretty sure u wont slay there falcons because tey know that match up better than anyone i seen before...anyway dashdancedan is going to put those matches of us up from my house

Scar

#HarveyDent
all you need to do is play more, you're getting a ton of grabs which is GREAT but not really doing anything with them.

falco is a bad matchup b/c when he hits you if he doesn't suck he will get a minimum of like 50% damage, but when you hit him if you suck you do nothing and if you're great sometimes you kill him from it

you need to maximize the damage done each time you hit falco, and that's nothing i can teach you besides be gayer (i.e. get better at tech chasing) and you could speed up, try to tighten up your aerial timing and work on your JC grabs

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What's a good approach tactic against Marth?
I've only gotten serious with Falcon rather recently lol.

Ja

Smash Journeyman
What's a good approach tactic against Marth?
I've only gotten serious with Falcon rather recently lol.
Marth has no safe moves against cf, except maybe grab. Against not so great marths you can dd until they fsmash/fair/jab and then grab or aerial them.

There's something I've been trying against marth, and I wonder if it works against better marth players. Basically as soon as marth jumps I reflex a raptor boost. If he does a rising fair I go under it, if he waits for the shffl timing I hit him before the fair comes out. The only things that I think could hit me would be a rising dair. A triangle jump might **** me too. This worked ok in a tournament, but I doubt it would keep working against better marths. Thoughts?

DrewB008

Smash Lord
marth has more safe moves vs falcon than vice versa

that forward b trick is good vs marths who dont know about it, but when i play marths that know about it i get hit out of it by their aerials all the time

you just gotta get a feel for when theyre gonna attack, and hit them right after with a nair or something, or a grab if youre a stud like jiano

Pepper692

Smash Rookie
Hey Scar,

Im looking to try and main falcon because i have such a fun time playing as him. ive been maining ice climbers for a while now, but i always have a lot of fun when i play as falcon so im trying to get good with him. any tips?

Scar

#HarveyDent
marth has more safe moves vs falcon than vice versa

that forward b trick is good vs marths who dont know about it, but when i play marths that know about it i get hit out of it by their aerials all the time

you just gotta get a feel for when theyre gonna attack, and hit them right after with a nair or something, or a grab if youre a stud like jiano
lol These answers are always the best, there really is no easy tried and true method for getting first hits and for approaching any character. There are a ton of things that DON'T work but nothing will always work in every situation.

The more technical skill you have, however, the better chance you have of getting away with a failed approach attempt. The more you use your brain the less you will approach haha. Melee is so good.

Hey Scar,

Im looking to try and main falcon because i have such a fun time playing as him. ive been maining ice climbers for a while now, but i always have a lot of fun when i play as falcon so im trying to get good with him. any tips?
Yeah, just work on speed in general (aerial timings), learn how to combo computers that don't fight back, IMO you'll have much more fun if you can get aerials out fast and combo people right from the get-go.

If you ever have any questions ask them in here, post like maybe one vid of you (good players basically never watch more than one vid), particularly one where you're getting ***** b/c people can help you way more if you're losing than if you're kicking someone's ***.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Truthfully, I like to act out the warrior which has gotten me very far. I know where I stand and where I am.. which is right now, here.

Though, I'll continue the warrior stuff, it's so fun and I want to have fun with everyone. And I'm sure you guys have fun too when we play together, however I will continue laughing at your WC DI, and get *****.. =P

DrewB008

Smash Lord
my name is bigd and i dont give a ****

pepper one thing you should definitely focus on learning is recovery, its different with falcon from any other character, learn to recognize when you should go up and over with your up b or when you should go for the ledge

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
my name is bigd and i dont give a ****

pepper one thing you should definitely focus on learning is recovery, its different with falcon from any other character, learn to recognize when you should go up and over with your up b or when you should go for the ledge
I thought we gave up on the pretense of helping people and by we I mean everyone in general on the Falcon boards....or maybe that is just me.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
man i love darkrain as much as the next guy but i dont know if that can be attributed to any one falcon, and more importantly i wouldnt want to waste the name "the darkrain" on that
lol!

Well actually, Bam created that name because when he played Darkrain, Darkrain would always try to steer on the ledge but got punished everytime lol.

NES n00b

Smash Master
you know you can still DI up either way

sometimes you gotta just lay it on the line and go for that edge though, i cant explain it completely but you just gotta feel it and do it to em
Well I mean...you can't go over all the time....but if you get hit on the edge.....the chances of getting back are severely reduced compared to if you got hit overhead.

Pepper692

Smash Rookie
So I finally got another copy of melee yesterday (my copy went missing a few weeks ago) and started screwing around with Falcon. I had no one to play with so I just practiced comboing lvl 1 Fox.

One problem I noticed is racking up damage before ~60%. I had a hard time getting Fox into the air to combo him because he falls so fast. I'm guessing tech chasing works well, any other suggestions?

Also I noticed that if Fox was trying to recover from below the stage that it was really easy to edge guard then stomp him as he came up. Does this work in real matches?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I've been maining IC's for a while. Falcon is so different :p

Cia

das kwl
Tech chasing is by far the best way to get early damage on Fox. Do this with Dairs and grabs. If fox tries to approach from the air, Uair should beat out/ trade with anything. Nair is also an amazing spacing tool.

i don't think this match up is as bad for falcon as most people think, but don't spend too much time off the stage, lolz.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
the matchup is really bad, vanz's stuff works in theory but to consistently beat out fox's moves with uair and nair you need to basically be one step ahead of the fox 100% of the time, which is just not that feasible when the two players are even and the fox knows how to fight falcon right

but tech chasing is correct

NES n00b

Smash Master
the matchup is really bad, vanz's stuff works in theory but to consistently beat out fox's moves with uair and nair you need to basically be one step ahead of the fox 100% of the time, which is just not that feasible when the two players are even and the fox knows how to fight falcon right

but tech chasing is correct
Well, sometimes you don't have to be a step ahead of fox to beat his nair. Sometimes you throw it out when it is very safe then and they run into it and if you miss run away. Unfortunately.....good Fox's don't run blindly in all the time. v_v

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i would consider that one step ahead

basically im saying to consistently beat/trade with fox's aerials, you need to be doing yours before you see them do theirs and not as a reaction to them jumping up high or shffling

so we agree really

Top Bottom