• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah ive done that without realizing it sometimes

like i predict one thing on the plat and he rolls in and i get him with the reverse just by luck

if im trying to cover multiple i usually just dsmash

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
So I'm starting to use CC more and more often in my matches, it's too good for avoiding stupid combos but how do you follow up with a punish after CCing something? Normally i just grab but with fast characters like fox and stuff or a shiek that spams tilts and jabs it's really hard to follow up with a grab. Should i just retreat?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Just do what every ice climber player does.

If you can cc sheiks ftilt, just run forward and grab. doesnt even have to be JC. You will get to her in time.

To set it up in a cool fashion, just spotdodge a fair if she comes onto your shield with it, and then cc the inevitable ftilt, then run forward grab in her lag. =]]]

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Rene was right.

My IC play does spill over into my other characters.

PS my falcon is soo swift these days. Losing in speed only to sopo.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
i discovered that if a fox techs on a small platform (b-field) on the edge, falcon can charge a forward-smash on the other side of the platform and cover every single option

if fox techs into you you will do a reverse f-smash and any other direction gets hit normally

kinda useless info but doing a reverse f-smash is too good
Presumably this works vs. other characters too?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
he jumped before he got hit by the shine

im pretty sure at least, i couldnt see it but theres no other way possible that that could happen

Niko45

Smash Master
The marth was planning on wavedash fsmashing. He got shined during his initial jump frames from the WD, which cancelled the lag from shine, and the timing just lined up right and his fsmash came out like he had wanted.

I really doubt that he did that on purpose.

Animal

Smash Lord
when i dthrow and predict a tech behind me i like to turnaround and knee, but im always getting weak knees. Anything im dping wrong?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I can only get them really when I'm hugging the stage with my up-b
Or on Battlefield if I'm coming from below the overhang

D

Deleted member

Presumably this works vs. other characters too?
probably not

fox's roll is short and you can hit him during the ending roll animations which make the reverse possible

i think the other characters roll too long

not sure though

D

Deleted member

hax is probably the current best

although jeff in my opinion is pretty dam close

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
hax's playstyle is the most efficient out of all the falcons, he is probably going to inspire gayness in alot of falcons. He's insanely good.

but SS's playstyle is just sooooo **** weird. He's way too smart.

imo i like watching SS more, it almost feels like he's inside his opponents head.

And scar's combos are sickening.

Animal

Smash Lord
hax winning no ceilings. and ****** the no john bi weeklies, darkrain placing 5th in a recent tourny that was posted, and SS is doing...i have no idea. Haxs movement is sex

cykofox

Smash Ace
Darkrain looks like he is finally giving up.
ur dum. players peak, others get better. its part of the game. darkrains been around for a lonnng time, people get new priorities in life. but you wouldnt know cuz youre still in hs and ****.

Top Bottom