• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i never realized how many actual falcon mains post here, as opposed to the much larger majority of forum trolls that seem to post in every character-specific forum there is, despite being bad

all hail the great Giregg

Quic

Smash Journeyman
It's not even in europe, and her d-throw is worse here.
if it's somehow even in america, your sheiks suck horribly.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i never realized how many actual falcon mains post here, as opposed to the much larger majority of forum trolls that seem to post in every character-specific forum there is, despite being bad

all hail the great Giregg
Hm.. they think they are high level when they don't even pass pools at nationals like Pound 4.

Scar

#HarveyDent
quic our sheiks are fine your falcons just suck

rofl @ roneblaster LOL

@ everyone else play the game to find out

spoilers pretty much every falcon main is in the game including g-reg ss tapion jiano etc etc.... gave myself a REALLY obscure shoutout somewhere, even if you were looking for it you prob wouldn't be able to find it.

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
Which way do you DI the 1st hit of usmash, so that the 2nd hit misses? Is the DI different for fastfallers and non-fastfallers?

How do you break out of jab lock fast? Like sometimes I see people get jabbed and they immediately jump out and othertimes they eat 10 - 20% from a rapid A combooooooooo.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Amsah
M2K
Over
Tope
The top 4 sheiks in the world according to a secret top european, looks pretty even imo =)
besides there are like 3 sheiks in all of europe that actually know the falcon matchup LOL

Magus420

Smash Master
How do you break out of jab lock fast? Like sometimes I see people get jabbed and they immediately jump out and othertimes they eat 10 - 20% from a rapid A combooooooooo.
If you're playing v1.0 some rapid jabs like Sheik, Kirby and I think Fox and Falco aren't DIable. I don't know about CF, but if his rapid hits each do 1% normally and would then do less than 1% when staled then they wouldn't be DIable either. If they pin a FFer against the tree/rock with it on PS it can do tons of damage.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
stfu ur falcons suck
agreed mostly actually, but the fact still is that falcon needs to play out of his mind good to beat a sheik that knows what he's doing, even darkrain gets slaughtered by good sheiks.

CorteX

Smash Cadet
alright, first off I'm still a rookie to the whole smash scene.
used to play only my friends and I **** them easily. consider me as a casual player.
I mastered the usual advanced techniques like wavedashing, moonwalking, stickywalking, wavelanding etc.. piece of cake and I use them all against my friends.
however, I played some people that are pretty **** high on NL ranks (including Remen) and I got 4-stocked almost every match by falco and fox. the ditto's were decent but I still didnt win one match.
I didn't really get a chance to do all the AT's, the match was over before it even started. I roll left, I get grabbed, I roll right I get grabbed too, I just stand up and try to shield.. guess what? yes grabbed again :p
i really need some general advice on how to become better. when my falcon goes offstage I have 0% chance of coming back, I'll either get gimped, someone grabs the edge before I do or I get spiked by falco.
would really appreciate it if I could learn something today.

thanks
CorteX

Animal

Smash Lord
agreed mostly actually, but the fact still is that falcon needs to play out of his mind good to beat a sheik that knows what he's doing, even darkrain gets slaughtered by good sheiks.
again hax beat amsah, and has beaten m2k sheik. its doable

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
If you're playing v1.0 some rapid jabs like Sheik, Kirby and I think Fox and Falco aren't DIable. I don't know about CF, but if his rapid hits each do 1% normally and would then do less than 1% when staled then they wouldn't be DIable either. If they pin a FFer against the tree/rock with it on PS it can do tons of damage.
Can you still SDI the jabs?

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
alright, first off I'm still a rookie to the whole smash scene.
used to play only my friends and I **** them easily. consider me as a casual player.
I mastered the usual advanced techniques like wavedashing, moonwalking, stickywalking, wavelanding etc.. piece of cake and I use them all against my friends.
however, I played some people that are pretty **** high on NL ranks (including Remen) and I got 4-stocked almost every match by falco and fox. the ditto's were decent but I still didnt win one match.
I didn't really get a chance to do all the AT's, the match was over before it even started. I roll left, I get grabbed, I roll right I get grabbed too, I just stand up and try to shield.. guess what? yes grabbed again :p
i really need some general advice on how to become better. when my falcon goes offstage I have 0% chance of coming back, I'll either get gimped, someone grabs the edge before I do or I get spiked by falco.
would really appreciate it if I could learn something today.

thanks
CorteX
Most of it comes with experience, there's really nothing we can tell you to specifically do if we don't play you in person or watch you play.

If you get punished for everything you do, it's most likely because you were too predictable and/or had too few options to choose from. For example, instead of rolling you could just dash or wavedash. Right now you probably want to widen your array of those options, which makes everything boil down to the technical ability that you will eventually learn to fluently use in matches versus good players.

So basically just keep practicing technical stuff and play other people as much as possible. =)

CorteX

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the reply Rocky!
Will do my best to improve my falcon, I really dig this character despite his weak recovery.
I need to get rid of the rolling, lvl9 cpu's always do it so I eventually picked it up and did the same.
But about those grabs, these happen when I get smashed onto the ground and I'm trying to get up. There's just nothing I could do, but then again the players I played were really experienced (one of them was the former EU champ) and I shouldn't feel too bad for getting fourstocked by them.
Falcon is still underrated, and my mission is to help proove that wrong along with all you other falcon mainers :)

Top Bottom