• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

PEEF!

Smash Hero
he was going around the venue asking for advice to improve

doesn't sound like he's giving up. he's only getting sloppy and he knows it.
So you think hes legit trying to stay with it? He was just asking people for help?

I know he has been doing pretty badly lately, he got 2-0ed in pools by a non-Taj mewtwo, and someone said he was planning on quitting and it made sense.

I hope he stays with it.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
So you think hes legit trying to stay with it? He was just asking people for help?

I know he has been doing pretty badly lately, he got 2-0ed in pools by a non-Taj mewtwo, and someone said he was planning on quitting and it made sense.

I hope he stays with it.
I think a love of the game and community is still there, but the rust is taking away some passion. falcon is a ****ing annoying character if your tech skill is always off.

Pools were two games only, random stage both times. Iori and darkrain went 1-1, but they had to play a tiebreaker for first seed. Iori won with like a ztd at the end. anyway, darkrain beat him in bracket. he didn't lose to anyone unreasonable at this tourney.

Scar

#HarveyDent
read this and tell me that i don't ****

Massively Article said:
Home to the half-bird, half-human Kynari, the forest was peaceful until the recent coup performed by the Kynari Darkrane, killing High Castor Isaiah and throwing the region into turmoil. Players will take on the sizable task of restoring order with the help of Isaiah's son Hakks, as well as uncovering the dark forces behind Darkrane's rise to power, including a new instanced dungeon.
Read the full article here

Taffy

Smash Rookie
Haha, and on the Darkrane forest map there are two places named "Jiano's Hut" and "Tapaeon".

Lol, good stuff.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I shoulda left it with the Darkrain colors. Oh well.

Scar, is SS included somehow more secretly or did you intentionally exclude him? Either way, awesome, I approve.

You should troll Rubyiris by including him as a ****ty item or something ;D

Animal

Smash Lord
didnt add yourself? propssss. ive been thinking, i think the sheik falcon matchup is overrated. i actually think the matchup is even. thoughts?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
its even in the sense that both characters can absolutely arserape eachother when played at a high level. however, sheik combos require the tech skill of a 10 year old, and falcon combos usually need precise shffling and accuracy

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
He hasn't played a competent Sheik. That's my guess.

Bad Sheiks are so easy because all you need is one opening to combo them to death. A proper Sheik can easily disrupt any Falcon technique and techchase to death with much less effort.

I believe I play both characters at a high level, especially in this match-up. Falcon needs more trickery while as Sheik I just tilt them out of their aerials and needle them if they DDcamp. A tilt leads to a grab, which has a much higher death rate then Falcon gets a grab.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
what g-reg said

even tho there is disagreement on falcon's worst matchup, look at m2k. He always goes sheik against falcons, and his fox could **** just as hard. Why does he go sheik then? I think cuz its easier as Sheik, mostly edgeguarding wise. Fox can still **** edgeguard with bairs/shine, but usually Sheik can edgeguard falcon quicker and easier.

Animal

Smash Lord
pretty much, if you play the matchup right we all know that both characters have terrible approaches. I would say falcon has the advantage in that because his baiting, and speed, is better. Needle camping is avoidable. Then we can look at recovery and they both kind of suck and both **** each other due to sheiks laggy landing. slightly in sheiks favor. Falcon combos better than sheik does. Sheiks tech chasing is really good but not 100 percent full proof, smash DI the jab reset/ human error
A uair from falcon disrupts most if not all of sheiks aerial attacks due to her high jump.

Top Bottom