• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
falcon sucks.

but were havin a good time, havin a ball. dont stop us now.
that song came on over the radio after we closed at work tonight, and i got in trouble by the store manager cause i was snapping my fingers and dancing a little bit. LOLOLOLOLOL

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Is there any use for a reverse pivot-smash
I guess that basically amounts you can dash forward and Fsmash forwards out of your initial dash or something like that

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
its useful to use when fox jumps in cuz falcon pulls his body away avoiding the nair then fsmashes them, assuming u space right n u do it the 2nd they leave the ground

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
also why is it Roneblaster now?
i missed something
scar was doing one of his "**** i havent posted here in 3 weeks" post, and in one he called me Roneblaster, and it just stuck. I'm still Reneblade, just changed my name on here for lulz.

**** sheik.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I was once semiflaming Kira for playing Sheik versus Falcon but he was all nice about it so I stopped haha. S2J, is there any other Sheik really comparable in Cali besides Mango and maybe Lucien?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
About pivot smashing, I came up with this trick a little bit ago and I want someone good to use it because it is mad good.

When you jab shield, dash to the other side, then pivot dsmash. It covers alot of options including roll away and most aerials oos. It really is amazing.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
SS does that with forward smash, which is only good sometimes for a random KO. Players with good reflexes will just grab as soon as you stop jabbing though :/ Spacies can also just bair out of shield easy. If they're slow enough to let you run behind you and yell HWUGHGHGG I'd rather just jab grab.

D

Deleted member

I was once semiflaming Kira for playing Sheik versus Falcon but he was all nice about it so I stopped haha. S2J, is there any other Sheik really comparable in Cali besides Mango and maybe Lucien?
if you mean a good shiek

they don't exist in socal

in norcal, Lucien is very very strong (has not so good combo DI in my experence). I think Sfat is switching over to Shiek also and he's pretty buff as well.

I don't think Kira is really on par with the other top 10 in Socal (and alex19) and I mess him up in friendlies. He is the best Shiek though in arguably the strongest region and he gets his victories though. He would probably agree with me that his falcon game isn't that good but he is a great Lucky counter. Lucky has like a 60% chance to lose to him for some reason.

jk kira's pretty good i'm just bitter

(don't watch my set with him lol)

i have some hungover tourney vids coming out soon, watch em from the socal tourney vids thread from stabbedbyanipple

Animal

Smash Lord
ya i need top shiek practice because the sheiks ive been playing i havnt lost against. 4/4 with MM so far lets goooooo

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i got a little bit of top sheik practice, and then gave up

if i got some more i might give it a go, but practically every other character is just easier vs sheik when youre going off no practice and you play other characters decently

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
How are you supposed to DI fox and falco's dash attack so it doesn't combo into stuff? Same question for Sheik's dash attack. The hitboxes are so funky, it seems like they all send you a couple different ways depending on how you get hit.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if their dash attack pop you up, ya you're probably screwed

but, you can do this tricky thing. At higher percents where the dash attack breaks your crouch cancel, you can still CC it so that you hit knocked into the ground and try to getupattack while they are in their lag.

Animal

Smash Lord
otg i think im coming to your house tommorrow

and ya that doesnt say much SS has no really good sheik practice. when you nukkas gonna learn

Top Bottom