• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
I knew that you had to hit the button(L , for argument's sake) before you hit the wall in order to get the tech. I just thought that you had to press it AFTER you got hit, but BEFORE, you hit the wall. Say if I'm up B'ing, and there is a Falco waiting for me at the ledge with a Dair. Pressing L while I'm in mid air would essentially do nothing b/c I have already used my recovery move; only after I get hit with the Dair am I "reset" to a state where I can be able to tech. That's the point where I would need to press L, so I can tech off of the wall.

^^ I'm not trying to argue my point here, b/c you are obviously right. I was just explaining the logic that lead me to believe that you had to press L in that VERY small window.
by the time you get hit by a wall you would need a reaction speed that humans do not have :laugh: think of it as buffering it and predicting when you will get hit near the wall. you press l only a few moments before getting hit

_kSo_

Smash Master
by the time you get hit by a wall you would need a reaction speed that humans do not have :laugh: think of it as buffering it and predicting when you will get hit near the wall. you press l only a few moments before getting hit
yesss someone finally said the magic word

thank you.

CanIsma-

NO!!!!!

i also laughed at this after i posted....it was ninja'd right before mine, too haha

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya idc if he beats me lol i'll give him the money

i just am pretty sure he's gonna get *****

edit: just found out he wants to do it in like 4 months rofl i'm about to drive down to the next socal tourney to collect

PB&J

Smash Hero
i heard he plays spacies now..i guess hes going to go train now..nando and scar are going to tap dance on his face..lol

the people's champ cant lose son

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
^^ The idea that I am "buffering" the tech really does help. This explains why I was so awful at ledge-techs. Thanks.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
How were you doing regular techs then? The timing is the exact same ...

Just gotta do that visualization haha

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Has anyone ever tried techchasing by looking at your opponent's controller? Falcon has a pretty **** dashdance so you can basically cover everything if you knew where you were going, and even then a running Dair covers a pretty big region so you have that margin of error to work with

....? Thoughts?

I'm ********?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Naw I suck too much for that.
:bee:
But yeah, I can never cover tech in place unless I guess it. ~_~

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
What i do to cover tech in place is once i downthrow/upthrow them i just knee in place if they tech in place it hits if they don't you still have time to react to their other techs and grab them again

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think I'm just super interested in tech chasing while looking at their controller haha
My roommate mentioned it to me a while ago and I got to thinking about it now

@ Nando
I can never knee fast enough <_<

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
What i do to cover tech in place is once i downthrow/upthrow them i just knee in place if they tech in place it hits if they don't you still have time to react to their other techs and grab them again
i honestly don't think that is frame perfect because then we would be doing it ALL the time and falcon vs spacies wouldn't suck so bad.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
How were you doing regular techs then? The timing is the exact same ...

Just gotta do that visualization haha
I was doing regular techs like normal. Ledge-teching was the issue.

In an earlier post, I explained why I thought I had to press L between getting hit, and hitting the wall.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure there is some spacing for the dair that catches them out of tech away, but it still is close enough that it can cover tech in place/no tech...i've seen many falcons including scar do this in matches, and it looks like the spacing for it covers 3 options, which is just bonkers.

dun think it works on sheik though....kuz sheik is just a sheik.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
there may be a spot where if you just DI back it'll hit neutral/no tech, and if you do nothing you'll get the rolling tech, but thats just speculation. I feel like ive done it before, but just blowing smoke.

BTW peach matchup tips? Mainly wtf do i do against her pressure, her dash attack, and when she is floating in the air. I always trade at best, or get hit and combo'd. : /

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure there is some spacing for the dair that catches them out of tech away, but it still is close enough that it can cover tech in place/no tech...i've seen many falcons including scar do this in matches, and it looks like the spacing for it covers 3 options, which is just bonkers.

dun think it works on sheik though....kuz sheik is just a sheik.
there is a way to time and space the stomp where you can option select (probably improperly used here) a tech in place/tech towards you. short hop in the middle and start the dair at a point early enough to catch a tech in place yet late enough to catch a tech away. Aerial influence yourself towards whatever option they do

Top Bottom