• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

D

Deleted member

wen bob if you want to be a f@g look at their controller. real men pick up teching patterns and punish hard

if u want to further improve your game artificially, might as well listen really hard for the get up attack

_kSo_

Smash Master
i think that works near the edge and on platforms but probably not mid stage
hmm that seems more reasonable. It would probably be too ridiculous if that worked mid stage haha

Not that falcon couldn't use something like this as a matchup booster

there is a way to time and space the stomp where you can option select (probably improperly used here) a tech in place/tech towards you. short hop in the middle and start the dair at a point early enough to catch a tech in place yet late enough to catch a tech away. Aerial influence yourself towards whatever option they do
ok i think i see what you're saying. Makes sense.

it seems like it'd have to be really frame perfect to be able to knee in place and then still be able to grab them off a tech roll, especially if they DI away on the first throw and you can't actually knee "in place." Still, i'm gonna start trying it kuz i could see it working....

nando are you ever gonna come to my smashfests with eggm?? we need to falcon ditto moar :-D

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
wen bob if you want to be a f@g look at their controller. real men pick up teching patterns and punish hard

if u want to further improve your game artificially, might as well listen really hard for the get up attack
:laugh:
I've already decided it's pretty implausible to do anyways :bee:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
hey oscar, tell mang0 i wanna 1v1 him in CS 1.6 when i get my new laptop. ill tap him rusty :)))))

falcon players named chris are the best, so it DOES matter what your name is.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
its ok, because im still better rusty than you are.

and i've never challenged anyone to a 1v1 in CS before, i just thought itd be fun, mang0 seems to be a pretty good sport from the few times i've met him.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I was thinking of getting back into CS:S competitively..but I dunno...its soo dead.

@1v1 in source...i love all the ****ties on mIRC looking for 3v3/2v2 scrims on dust2 lol.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
competitive source :(

cs 1.6 = melee
source = brawl

thats how i make the comparison to my melee friends who've never played counter-strike

Palpi

Smash Hero
The comparison is easy to make, but in all seriousness...

Melee>>>>>>>>>>>>>>brawl
1.6>source (personally i like source better, but i understand)

I am still good at 1.6 though I havnt played seriously for like 6 years.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i havent played 1.6 in like 6 years either :chuckle:

not seriously atleast. but in all seriousness ive only played online (lan'ed a few times, won some local tournies for 1.6 and source) like twice since my 1st or 2nd year of high school.

D

Deleted member

Umbreon Mow did it all the time. *shrugs* not like it's illegal or anything.
NJzfinest used to look at my controller to see which way i was DI'ing

that johnson

sounds like east coast are f@gs

sorry if these guys aren't east coast but they might as well be looking at apex crews

--
almost every sequel made is brawlification, cs: source is no different but the core gameplay isn't completely *****

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
At some points you have to tech chase Sheik instead of combo
If she's high in the air maybe try getting some running momentum and try FJ Uair shenanigans

_kSo_

Smash Master
sounds like east coast are f@gs

sorry if these guys aren't east coast but they might as well be looking at apex crews

--
almost every sequel made is brawlification, cs: source is no different but the core gameplay isn't completely *****
LOL actually back then we were both midwest

he learned the awesome controller mindgames strategy from kirkq
haha

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
iggy invented looking at DI so he could fthrow them when they DI'd in front of him while he cg'd with peach

listening for shoulder buttons is actually pretty practical i think though, figuring out when people will roll from the ledge and i bet you could train yourself to know when people would miss techs by listening for earlier shoulder button presses

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Maybe in friendlies or small smashfests, but focusing to much on listening for buttons, esspecially in tournament settings where there is a lot of noise, people yelling, and just so much other stuff going on. Hearing button inputs isn't going to happen.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter if you're looking is the point haha
But it's not terribly practical in teams when you get totally ***** sometimes if you're not paying attention ~_~

_kSo_

Smash Master
iggy invented looking at DI so he could fthrow them when they DI'd in front of him while he cg'd with peach

listening for shoulder buttons is actually pretty practical i think though, figuring out when people will roll from the ledge and i bet you could train yourself to know when people would miss techs by listening for earlier shoulder button presses
oh thats right i remember him saying something like that...lol

yeah i've heard people doing the "listening for shoulder buttons clicking" nonsense too, but that's pretty obvious. In a tournament you wouldn't be able to hear it though haha

CaptainRanD0

Smash Apprentice
How bad is teching in place?

I saw Scar vs SS from CGCXX today

and it seemed like every time Scar teched in place he got *****

when is teching in place a good option/bad option?

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
What is the best way to practice tech chasing/reading? The only time I have the opportunity is when I get together with my local friends who play, and even then I can't really just go into training and tell them "OK, Imma dthrow you, now tech so I can practice stomping on your face."

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
What is the best way to practice tech chasing/reading? The only time I have the opportunity is when I get together with my local friends who play, and even then I can't really just go into training and tell them "OK, Imma dthrow you, now tech so I can practice stomping on your face."
Just keep breathing.

ok, off the no bull****, I learned how to techchase the first time someone told me to do it. Like, after and hour I could already read their tech patterns. Soooo I'm prolly not the one to help.

Top Bottom