• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Animal

Smash Lord
ha **** dont phase me considering i main fox and my falcon will always be better than ur scrub *****. wtf's an etwist?

Animal

Smash Lord
good **** son

youuu eat a **** niggggaaaaaaaaaa

yo my *****a etwist thinks hes some hot **** but your falcon sucks more than me on your mommas tit

oh and i accept

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

whatever yo

your falcon is a$$

its so much a$$ that your suck *** has to switch to fox as a crutch.

what type of **** is that?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I heard something like: Watch your opponent's first tech of the match, this is their "default tech."

Knowing this may help you read their techs later.

People NORMALLY don't tech the same way twice in a row if you catch on.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
There are many different levels of players.

Some players will always tech a certain direction. Some players will more often tech towards the center of the stage or towards the outside of the stage. Some players like teching in place a lot. Some players always tech how they are DI'ing. Some don't tech because they are bad lol.

Scar

#HarveyDent
How bad is teching in place?

I saw Scar vs SS from CGCXX today

and it seemed like every time Scar teched in place he got *****

when is teching in place a good option/bad option?
if your opponent tech reads in place then in place is horrible

if they never read in place then it's broken

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
hey g-reg mm @ rom 3

also yes scar are you coming to rom as well havent played you in long time i'm sure youve improved but myself can't say lol

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya i'll be at rom for sure!!!

****!!

rofl g-reg reminds me of achilles whne he says to that little boy "that is why no one will remember your name" ROFL crushin dreams

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Scar, or anyone else.
I can L-Cancel N-Air, B-Air, and Up-Air easily now.
I'm having problems L-Canceling the Knee and his D-Air.
First I don't know if The Knee, needs to be L-Cancelled, and 2nd
I don't know when to L-Cancel the D-AIR. Since his feet go down, am I supposed to press L before his feet hit the ground of his attack animation, or after the attack animation is finished. When?
Any advice?
Also is Wave-dashing a technique you need to learn as Falcon.
What other techs should I learn as a beginner?
I can short hop, wall jump, fast-fall, L-Cancel (a bit but the ones I said before)
Edge jump, uhm. Yeah that's it.
Any help for a beginner at Melee would be appreciated :D

edit:
I forgot these: I also can
Up-B/Up smash out of shield
dash cancel
crouch cancel
Dash-Cancel grab/Up-smash
Shield-grab

Now I know these techs- but so far I'm having trouble applying them into matches. :(
I can also DI a bit, and I can tech (when I don't forget lol)

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i think im gonna be basically forced into retirement gentlemen

i live too far away from any steady group of smashers, traveling 5 hours for tournaments just to verify that everybody is passing me up is getting to not be worth it

i'd love to keep playing, and i'm sure i'll keep playing with juke while hanging out, but i dont think i got a lot more traveling in me

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
l cancel based on when your character is not in the air anymore, not when the image of his feet hit the ground

yeah guys i mean its not like i can really do much else, not like i live in new york like manalord up there

i got juke nearby, have to drive 2 hours just to play somebody else that can go even with me, then probably 5 hours or so to play somebody who is better/go to a tournament

dont lecture me about that if you live on the east coast and have like 100 smashers within 2 hours of you, haha

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you know where i can get in 4 hours?

2 hours short of a smashfest with 3 players who can beat me, but wouldnt even be top players on the coasts, and/or a tournament with 20 players that would still have those players and i would get 5th or something

but yeah i feel you, cant just drive 4 hours on a whim

oh and hey, IB beat hax with marth at apex right?

im telling you guys, marth beats falcon and theres really no evidence except m2k's biased opinion to the contrary

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
you know where i can get in 4 hours?

2 hours short of a smashfest with 3 players who can beat me, but wouldnt even be top players on the coasts, and/or a tournament with 20 players that would still have those players and i would get 5th or something

but yeah i feel you, cant just drive 4 hours on a whim

oh and hey, IB beat hax with marth at apex right?

im telling you guys, marth beats falcon and theres really no evidence except m2k's biased opinion to the contrary
marth is eaaaaaaasssssssyyyyy

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
@linkoninja:
- L-canceling knee is needed. You don't need to bother when it's a killing blow or whatever, but, at lower percentages, you can still combo off of the knee so L-canceling can get you moving. Plus, if you whiff or hit a shield or something, you'll want the extra frames for rolling away or something.
- L-canceling should be done before you hit the ground, btw. IIRC, it's a 10-frame interval before you hit the ground when an aerial is out for L/R/Z to be press to L-cancel. Just take the very first approach of L-canceling and press it when you're about to land; don't just use the other aerials' timing.
- Wavedashing isn't essential at lower levels of play, but it's great for spacing, and wavelanding is still pretty necessary.
- Imo, Up-B/Up-smash OoS isn't really necessary. You never really see it happen; I, personally (if it's significant at all, lol), would only use up-B OoS to mess around in friendlies or something. I don't think you'll ever be in a position to hit with the second hitbox of up-smash OoS; the second hit is the one that's important.

Btw, it's jump-cancel grab/up-smash. The reason is because the jump animation is being canceled, not the dash animation. The dash animation is canceled by the jumping action, lol.

And just try to use them in matches as much as you can. Play to learn, not to win. And you'll probably find out what works when and what doesn't. Gain EXP to level up!

Also, @Marth v. Falcon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kISRMCVI5-Y
looool

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
@linkoninja:
- L-canceling knee is needed. You don't need to bother when it's a killing blow or whatever, but, at lower percentages, you can still combo off of the knee so L-canceling can get you moving. Plus, if you whiff or hit a shield or something, you'll want the extra frames for rolling away or something.
- L-canceling should be done before you hit the ground, btw. IIRC, it's a 10-frame interval before you hit the ground when an aerial is out for L/R/Z to be press to L-cancel. Just take the very first approach of L-canceling and press it when you're about to land; don't just use the other aerials' timing.
- Wavedashing isn't essential at lower levels of play, but it's great for spacing, and wavelanding is still pretty necessary.
- Imo, Up-B/Up-smash OoS isn't really necessary. You never really see it happen; I, personally (if it's significant at all, lol), would only use up-B OoS to mess around in friendlies or something. I don't think you'll ever be in a position to hit with the second hitbox of up-smash OoS; the second hit is the one that's important.

Kk thanks :D
So final question is when do you L-Cancel the D-Air?
I've seen pros do it, and I still can't figure it out :(.
I've tried everything and I can't seem to L-Cancel

Bozo

Smash Cadet
How i learned it try to short hop fast fall and d-air without L cancel should be easy. and then try to short hop fastfall d-air and when your d-air hits the ground you press L or R i hope this will help you

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
everybody says marth is easy but falcons beat marths in tournament no more consistently than they beat fox

plus a lot of marths suck at the matchup

guys i dont think you understand my stopping

one person plays regularly within 2 hours of me, im going to keep playing with him

there are no tournaments within 6 hours that i can even find threads for in the future, at all

im not choosing to quit, its more or less being forced upon me

juggleguy dont drive michigan all the way to cincinnati just to play me and juke for one day, that would blow for you guys. if anything go to columbus and we'll meet halfway

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i think im gonna be basically forced into retirement gentlemen

i live too far away from any steady group of smashers, traveling 5 hours for tournaments just to verify that everybody is passing me up is getting to not be worth it

i'd love to keep playing, and i'm sure i'll keep playing with juke while hanging out, but i dont think i got a lot more traveling in me
dude, welcome to the midwest.
you just gotta keep goin like a champion

i believe in you big d

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
strong bad dont you tell me welcome to the midwest, ive been here way longer than you

and guys, im serious, its not an issue of motivation or w/e, the only difference most of you will notice is that i wont be at most of the nationals anymore

im the next jiano, basically, except without actually having a successful tournament run

D

Deleted member

better player wins assuming both are good at the matchup

falcon hits/grabs marth, marth is dead, in a really bad spot, you literally can't DI away and down and get away like everybody else

marth can smack falcon away gayly forever but falcon lives forever too

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
well yeah better player wins in any matchup, because anything else is just plain johns

cant lose to fox over and over again and claim youre better anyway

marth can get out of combos a little better than people give him credit for, but you do have to be a little trickier than just away and down DI

D

Deleted member

its 50-50 and varies based on playstyle

ur rite though, most marths suck

Top Bottom