• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Quic

Smash Journeyman
What should I do against Falco's shenanigans on my shield? I got obliterated in tourney by an overly technical Falco who just abused my shield.
Oh and everybody should watch Jeapie vs Zgetto, I'm telling you he's going big this coming year, he went last stock last hit last game with remen as well.

D

Deleted member

I don't like Nair. It's so...only useful when you're 'unsure' because it goes through dodges/covers space/priority. I like Uair though, it's cute.

Throwing **** out there on hunches is fun...when it works. o.O
wrong nair is falcon's best move by far

only rivaled by maybe the gentleman which is probably as good as the shine

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Hey, don't get me wrong here!
Falcon's Nair is amazing, it covers ridiculous amounts, great OOS, almost everything.
I just don't like it as much as other stuff because it's that certain of covering things. I'd rather WD out and grab, waveland onto the stage, go for the stomps/knees/uairs, all that other stuff INSTEAD.
I just like it more. I didn't say it was BAD, it's just...too secure...and that's the only reason it's useful, it'll usually work for what it's intended to do.
Maybe I just worded it bad.

Uair is funner. :p

_kSo_

Smash Master
big D, dont quit yet. sometime soon some of us from evansville were gonna raid you guys in Ohio and play all weekend or some ****.
from what I understand, it isn't that he is quitting melee, he is just retiring from going out to tournaments because of how far they always are.

Besides, even if he did "quit" I'm sure if people drove out to his location, he'd be willing to play them haha

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
dont you talk to me EC'er.

you might as well have retired cause i'll never see your *** again probably.

unless youre going to rom 3, then id be happy to play this game of falcon dittoes with you.

Animal

Smash Lord
hahahahah i no longer feel safe here. especially because you post in every thread on the boards....critiquing ice climbers YOU DONT EVEN PLAY THEM QKEJPGNQIONIPOQENJ

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
chillin, posting from my new laptop *****es! just got it today, about to install SC 2.
how you doin progduzio?
**** SC2, league of legends all day.

been alright. aiming for the next [game theory] video to be launched soon. not as good as the last one, but, it's still a monster.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
johnny, pivot forward smash aggresive people for edgeguarding. it works as a good mixup. watching you vs lucky @ grev, that was the only thing i could think of.

and your recovery tactics, the whole reason going high works is because its a mix-up. idk if you were setting him up for game 5 or something, but you never went for the edge unless it was your only option. recovering high is only effective because its a mixup.

im sure you know this stuff already, but we play the same color and i love you.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
could somebody teach me how to play on brinstar and abuse the advantages of it?
i want to use it as a cp against spacies but i usually just end up playing on it like a normal stage and getting ***** by the lava myself.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
you get hit by lava, spacie bairs you. Spacie gets hit by lava, you knee them.

that's really all there is to it... the spacie could've baired you in a neutral position, but knee's are precious, so getting them for free in exchange for spacies getting generic moves they'd hit anyway for free works largely in your favor.

D

Deleted member

johnny, pivot forward smash aggresive people for edgeguarding. it works as a good mixup. watching you vs lucky @ grev, that was the only thing i could think of.

and your recovery tactics, the whole reason going high works is because its a mix-up. idk if you were setting him up for game 5 or something, but you never went for the edge unless it was your only option. recovering high is only effective because its a mixup.

thanx

i suk **** at edgeguarding but i assure u that set was something xtra bad lol

edit:

honestly i played pretty dam sloppy that tournament, probably nerves

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace

pivot forward smash is so useful, it puts u in prefect spacing to avoid moves n land it

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Afro finish moving your couch so I can **** you in this game.
lol some bs happened wit osap so going back tomorrow, n my appartment im moving into wont be ready till saturday, n i got acting class sunday so like only day im techinally free is friday but ill prob go to get an estimate on my car cuz my friend ****ing hit it so....ull have to wait till school starts LOLOL fml

Top Bottom