• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I still think Falco is the hardest matchup just on the basis of him taking away Falcon's dash dance game with those oppressive lasers.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
All of you will soon feel the pain of getting Kneegalized when GG7 goes out of state.

Just like Light did when he got 4 stocked by GG7.

hype hype hype =)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I feel your pain BigD. I really ****ing hate that I can rarely scratch my addiction for this game, and I hate even more that I can rarely hang out with the midwest crew that I've grown to love so much.
It's a real shame because I think you have the potential to be one of the best. You always run the train on me when we play and you seem to improve faster than I do O.o

_kSo_

Smash Master
I still think Falco is the hardest matchup just on the basis of him taking away Falcon's dash dance game with those oppressive lasers.
lol flaco....

he's a pain, but sheik and fox are sooooo much worse...i'd much rather fight a falco than sheik or fox....

Cia

das kwl
I always thought Falco was CF's hardest match up too. But then I saw throw Falco on the ground and he make it look like it was in CF's favor.. lol. I would say CF's worst match up is Fox by far.

Nair > Shine.

D

Deleted member

if a fox is nair shining your shield, jump after the nair out of your shield so the shine sends you away safely

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
dd and then do retreating bairs to hit nair spams

and s2j's advice is slick as hell you can buffer a roll or some **** or jab after that.

falco sucks d too but fox n falco are the worst for sure. sheik aint as bad as she used ot be but with spacies being more technical than ever it's even harder for falc

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol thumbs

i guess there are some really ****ty foxes in md/va nowadays

and plank is good vs falcon

but he's not THAT good

sheik is on the easier side of 60/40, fox/falco is on the harder side of 65/35

good post TML i like you a lot more than i used to

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Cyrain is ****ty?

Fox is horrifyingly gay, but he's easier to grab for me than Falco. Playing a great Fox keeps me fast and alert and my reaction time up. Sheik is just stupid, one grab and auto combos and gimps.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Yea but I had to run it by Scar first.

Nah Im just kidding, Just go into the CF boards where you see all the threads and hit the new thread button. But thats if you wanna make a thread in the CF forum.

mers

Smash Ace
Yeah thanks I just looked it up. Jump is airborne frame 5, grab comes out on 7, but jump also has the advantage of buffering (which actually makes it frame 6, which is still way better than trying to time a grab perfectly).

pockyD

Smash Legend
Yeah thanks I just looked it up. Jump is airborne frame 5, grab comes out on 7, but jump also has the advantage of buffering (which actually makes it frame 6, which is still way better than trying to time a grab perfectly).
i believe that since you're already shielding, you don't lose that extra frame it may normally take to 'buffer' an action

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
man you guys all missed it when me and kirbykaze and a few others all talked about this tactic like 50 pages ago

ive been doing it really well lately actually, generally not intentional but ive gotten the hang of reacting to being hit with a shine while being airborne and doing something right away as opposed to shielding like most people do

dsmashing them with peach afterwards is especially satisfying

Animal

Smash Lord
falcon is a frienldlies character. in tourny its just frustrating as **** hahah. ftilt is so goood i like wavedashing back dtilts also

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
its bc everyone and their g-ma's kno all the **** about falcon how to **** him what he does and **** like that i mean nobody's unique with falcon there are so many mindless drones just playin him bc HE ROCKS and is **** but cmon givin mad ppl practice its too late for falcon

so main other cool chars. or pick blue falcon bc nobdy likes that one

edit: also rom 3 i'lll mm any falcon mains no doubt you guys falcon v my whoever the f i want

Divinokage

Smash Legend
its bc everyone and their g-ma's kno all the **** about falcon how to **** him what he does and **** like that i mean nobody's unique with falcon there are so many mindless drones just playin him bc HE ROCKS and is **** but cmon givin mad ppl practice its too late for falcon

so main other cool chars. or pick blue falcon bc nobdy likes that one

edit: also rom 3 i'lll mm any falcon mains no doubt you guys falcon v my whoever the f i want
I'll play Falcon vs you. =)

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
haha thanks, too bad they are all ec except for CO. hopefully i can make one
I've got a 3-day pass to ACL since it's so close and I might try to catch the CO run or Atlantic City Oct 31 although that would be a pain to get there. Let's face it, Phish is an east coast band, but they need to give more love to the southwest/midwest/rest of the country.

Top Bottom