• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
what about PC jona dawg

what about hax$

what do you consider your region to be

"midwest" is a region lol and it's like a 12 hour drive top to bottom

g-regulate

Smash Hero
until PP and LOZR, the carolinas were just md/va's whipping boys, coming down for free money when the opportunity arose. good times

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
scar

jiano did full jump uair falling knee to me like 4 times in one weekend in november 2007

it blew my ****ing mind at the time

guys i was drifting away from falcon for a while, but lately i think im moving back towards him. this has all been occurring solely through friendlies with juke, so its very hard to tell exactly how genuine it is, but falcon feels pretty good again

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
im alot better than any vid of me shows. haven't been uploading many matches. and not of falcon.

starting to play more falcon in friendlies, thats certainly improved my game. up until recently falcon was the character i played LEAST, lol.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
scar

jiano did full jump uair falling knee to me like 4 times in one weekend in november 2007

it blew my ****ing mind at the time

guys i was drifting away from falcon for a while, but lately i think im moving back towards him. this has all been occurring solely through friendlies with juke, so its very hard to tell exactly how genuine it is, but falcon feels pretty good again
Good **** BigD!! Falcon is still fun as hell to play, you just can't go aggro anymore cause the defensive Melee metagame has become pretty ****. If it ain't Darkrain it's done.

kpm91

Smash Cadet
Just a random thought:

SS's falcon is like that really hot girl in the club that you need to bring home and get nasty with.
Darkrain's falcon is like that special girl who is long -term relationship material.
Hax's falcon is like that girl you're just waiting to turn 18 otherwise legal complications might arise.
Scar's falcon is like that girl you act like you hate, but secrectly, you'd FiretrUCK her.
Isai's falcon is like that girl you know will be your wife the moment you lay eyes on her.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Just general help with my falcon? I've only been playing for about 2 months..so I'm no pro or anything. I'd LOVE some advice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH3aoGs9UvY
I'd say that you're able to do the basics separately, but when it comes down to bringing it all together you seem to be having trouble.

Right now what you want to do is practice the basics and play people whose movement is pretty much second nature, that way you'll be forced to work to keep up with them until it's second nature to you as well.

When it comes to general movement stuff, you should practice dashdancing in all different lengths and doing stuff out of it, because that's where Falcon shines. Fastest ground speed and second fastest air speed in the game is nothing to laugh at.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
just a quick check:
You can gentleman with A A A+Z AS LONG AS all hits connect, or am I mistaken?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
gentlemens are pretty easy to learn the AAA timing for, just practice it. delay that last one just enough and then hold it down.

if you need to go for a grab after the gentlemen, i suggest using a R+A grab, since it's easier to just keep holding the A button down from the gentlemen, then you can run up to your opponent (or follow) and hit R/L then release and tap A again, to get the grab. that's how i do it at least. i found that if i try to gentlemen to grab with z, i'd release A too soon during the Gentlemen =(

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
"The Year is 2552 and humanity as we used to know it is gone. All we can be sure is that this island, the Island of Johns, has the only remaining people left alive that we know of. I am Bobby Scarduzio and the inhabitants of Johns have appointed me as the leading “architect” of our new society."

the people of the island are called "johners"

best intro to a paper ever? or best intro?

Top Bottom