• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Lol, those used to be my question. Now, it's things like what I should and shouldn't crouch cancel in matchups. Btw, how do I DI Marth's various moves o_O? Away I'm assuming for the most part xP

_kSo_

Smash Master
Lol, those used to be my question. Now, it's things like what I should and shouldn't crouch cancel in matchups. Btw, how do I DI Marth's various moves o_O? Away I'm assuming for the most part xP
down and away, just like for falcon's combos.

Since you are DI'ing down and away, it'll be more than likely that you'll hit the ground, so you just have to make sure to tech, otherwise you'll just get dtilt'd to grabbed and then combo'd again >_<

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i crouch cancel almost everything besides peach's dsmash if im at a % that it wont kill me anyway

basically hold down anytime youre in any lag, unless youre gonna get hit off the stage

_kSo_

Smash Master
Spend the entire time running away from sheik. Once she does anything that doesn't hit you. Kill her for it. Also uair her every time she jumps.
hah, i wasn't really asking those questions, just saying those are the only ones i see in this thread lol

but thanks anyway

_kSo_

Smash Master
it's kuz when mogwai sees two capital T's next to each other he probably immediately thinks twisted treeline haha

i'm only assuming this because I thought of it when I was typing my post :laugh:

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i think that itt is at least as intuitive as fwiw

nobody even says for what its worth anyway, phrase wasnt even on my radar

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i've posted on so many forums that itt came to me immediately. the trouble is that forums are the only place you'd ever come across ITT, whereas fwiw and such have uses in other media.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but if scar is saying that your name doesn't matter, it actually does. It determines if you will get any real help on the boards. For ex, on my thread I have to critique my falcon I have to continuosly bump it to get like 1 post of help everytime lol.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
im not about to start any drama in my favorite board in the planet, but leviathan, you only come here to get us to tell you how to get better. we dont see you post for months at a time then out of no-where you posted a "help me get better thread"

thats probably why you have to bump your own thread constantly.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
To be fair being a regular on the boards shouldn't be a requirement for actively getting advice

on a brighter note, which people here have beaten i wanna be the guy? went through the last level today =)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i didn't say it was, (i wish it was, no eliteism, i suck, but i try to help as much as I can. Everyone can contribute) i was providing an explanation.

what is "i wanna be the guy?"

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry but if scar is saying that your name doesn't matter, it actually does. It determines if you will get any real help on the boards. For ex, on my thread I have to critique my falcon I have to continuosly bump it to get like 1 post of help everytime lol.
We'd teach you more subtle stuff but you should record some matches where you hit your opponents after a side-b instead of whiffing every time. Unless you want people to point out that stomping after a side-b at 0 percent is never going to work

Nakamarus vid is way better since most of the critique given isn't stuff that is easily figured out by yourself

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
incidentally, the guy who started "ITT" is a guy from Socal who goes by JSB, and he used to be the best DDR player in the world. In 2001, he made a thread on... it was either DDRFreak or Bemanistyle, possibly DDRManiax, saying "ITT now stands for In This Thread." he was kind of an internet ****** (you know the kind), so it got like a ****LOAD of posts from people sucking his **** and ever since then I've seen the term's usage sort of grow exponentially.

if anyone knows for a fact that the term has been around for longer, please let me know, but I'm pretty sure that was the origin of the term.

the thing that particularly convinces me is that nobody posted "lol duh" etc. I figure, if the term ITT as we know it ("In this thread") had already been coined at the time, people would've just been like, "Thanks for stating the obvious." But rather everyone just sort of thought it was ingenious and clever.

edit for the guy who asked: I beat IWBTG in 2007. It took me a few days. It was a lot of fun.

and to the guy who complained about how bad Falcon is (oh wait, that's all of you sorry ****s - lol but seriously) - Falcon is considered to be tied with Falco for the 4th/5th best character in the game in Japan. before you go "LOL *******," think about it - if Norcal was isolated from the rest of the world, on an island on its own in the Pacific, and didn't get to play with the rest of the world very much at all, and had never witnessed firsthand M2K's mastery of the Sheik-Falcon matchup, what would Norcal think? "oh, ss just wins every tournament. falcon is sooo good. he has somewhat bad matchups against the spacies but ss beats all the best spacies anyway. falcon is probably like 4th or 5th in the game"

what does this mean? well, it means that m2k hasn't been to japan yet. but that's not the point:

the point is that unless you're competing at an INTERNATIONAL LEVEL and your present goal is to defeat mew2king or something, you're fine with falcon. you can dominate your own region with falcon, I don't care where you live. falcon even does reasonably fine at nationals - several falcons ALWAYS place high (13th and above), and Falcon took 6th-8th at Genesis.

anyway, all the worst players I know are people who jump from character to character (there are exceptions, like Connor, who *****, but still hahaha). by and large you should play who you "feel" and blame the results on yourself and not your character because I think that FOR MOST PEOPLE that's the only way to become "great"

Top Bottom