• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Marth has a sword, Falcon has a heart.

It's up to the player to utilize these powers to the fullest potential. Whomever does a better job at that, is the victor.

But seriously, Marth hits you with silly tipper fsmash and you lose a stock. Four fsmashes later, you're left butthurt wondering why you mained Captain Falcon in the first place.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I've heard that Falcon/Marth is even.

I'm not exactly sure.

Discuss.
although true for most matchups, marth owns falcon off the ledge like, automatically....there really is no reason for a marth to NOT get a stock off when falcon needs to use his up B.

On the other hand, if marth misses like ONE thing, falcon gets a grab off and proceeds to own...marth is a huge punching bag.

But yea...that sword lol....marth's dair puts falcon out of business almost as badly as shine...but not quite haha

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
i dont mean to self-advertise here, but my thread talked about marth a bit ago

theres a nice little guide, at least at this point, on marth

we could start another discussion there if necessary, but marth v falcon has been discussed quite a lot

i would just say check it out

additions to the thread are always welcome

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Well it's just like any MMO.. or free MMO actually. You pay to get privileges and the rest is grind grind grind grind grind grindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRIND.
Fixed .

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
But seriously, Marth hits you with silly tipper fsmash and you lose a stock. Four fsmashes later, you're left butthurt wondering why you mained Captain Falcon in the first place.
That means the Marth is outplaying you >.>. Tipper fsmash is pretty hard to land.

although true for most matchups, marth owns falcon off the ledge like, automatically....there really is no reason for a marth to NOT get a stock off when falcon needs to use his up B.
every top tier, as well as Falcon and Ganon at the very least, edgeguards Falcon near-perfectly. So?

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Marth/Falcon is 50/50

except for like... FoD

:\

Also, who the hell still plays MMO's

As soon as I started playing Melee I quit WoW

D

Deleted member

not if you up-b high and trick them

---
FoD i think is not that bad against marth since you can potentally live to 200% because of the high ceilings and edge cancel trick them with up-b due to platform heights. still a dum stage though

---

marth is a fuken f@g and i recommend not playing with honor against them and counterpick brinstar, rainbow cruise, kongo jungle

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Don't most Marths have a secondary to pull out for those weird counterpick stages xD
Although if your objective was to make them switch, mission accomplished I guess haha

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah but you guys should be beating ****ty-brinstar-only puffs/sheiks/peaches, even on brinstar

use the top platform, make them chase you up and down, get under them, not too tough to handle. i generally do just as well vs puff on brinstar as i do on dl64

tipper isnt THAT hard for marth to land on falcon, fair/uair can combo into it and its not too tough to techchase with it. not to mention you dont always need a tipper to knock falcon off the stage, any fsmash can do that trick and then its easy edgeguard time

Niko45

Smash Master
A regular Marth fsmash, unless CF is super high%, should leave CF enough time to DJ to the edge before Marth comes out of lag and sets up an edgeguard. Sometimes not tho.

Tipper fsmash is GFG against all chars so idk why Falcons would particularly complain about it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
kind of a random question but unknown keeps telling me that peach's nair beats falcon's nair without timing or spacing

i don't think so but i don't really use peach

does falcon's spaced nair usually beat peach's nair? i could see it losing if peach came from below or something or if she started her's early because of the speed but his toes look like they go through her nair in matches so i don't know

D

Deleted member

kind of a random question but unknown keeps telling me that peach's nair beats falcon's nair without timing or spacing

i don't think so but i don't really use peach

does falcon's spaced nair usually beat peach's nair? i could see it losing if peach came from below or something or if she started her's early because of the speed but his toes look like they go through her nair in matches so i don't know
its all about the timing, only one peach i've faced (macd) can always beat my nair with his nair

he also dash attacks underneath my nair a lot and beats me

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
What do you guys do out of powershields?

As probably anyone in NC smash can tell you, I've become a huge advocate for powershielding. It's surprisingly easy(or, easier than most people think) and it has a lot more followups out of it than just regular shields.

For all the characters I play semi-regularly, I know more or less all of their good options out of it(Peach Dsmash/FCnair, IC Dsmash/Jab/Bair, Falco shine/pivot Utilt, GaW Dtilt/Fsmash/Judgement for lulz, etc...) But I've run into a prob with Falcon.

Even though I probably get more PS's with Falcon than I do with like any of my better characters except for Peach, I still dunno what to do out of it.

1. Grab- not a fan of his grab range at all, it'll make me miss PSGrabs sometimes and get **** on. Tried dashgrabbing out of it but it always makes him roll for me.

2. Smashes- slow as all. Granted, if they connect, the person will usually miss the DI and die. Easy to just cstick out of PS for it.

3. Aerials- feel really situational out of PSing. I feel like Uair or Bair are the best bets though.

Now, personally, I've only had decent success with weird things like Ftilt and Dtilt. Ftilt is probably the best option vs spacies or sheik as it will usually knock the opponent down and they'll usually miss the tech out of it, leading to a free stomp, which leads to a free combo. Dtilt is probably best against marth or somthing, since it pops them up it the air for a free nair/uair or something which will lead into a knee.

I'm also thinking that powershield to Jab is a good option, especially if you can gentleman consistently.

Raptor boost? Free raptors would make you guys happy, I'm sure.

Falcon punch? Looooooooooooool doubtful. It'd be epic though.

I dunno though. What should I do? :c

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Powershield to Gentleman is probably the best bet vs Falco because the Jab will prob hit the Falco before he can get the shine off. Also, powershield to Fsmash is a bad option when you could powershield to Raptor Boost. They both offer the Pull-back-and-shoot forward thing but Fsmash, while it can kill, is really slow. Raptor Boost is faster and while it doesn't kill, it leads to a knee, right?

superherox

Smash Rookie
hey when should you use the stomp during a real match?

Also I noticed that Short Hop Nair while dashing jumping is extremely difficult?
Is it pretty much practice to learn?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
guys, how do you get around sheiks needle edgeguard? ie when she throws you off and just owns your double jump with it, at which point you have to use your up-b

hey when should you use the stomp during a real match?
if you know theyre gonna spotdodge you can stomp at the same time that they do that and it will hit them in its lag. you can use it to avoid low hitting moves if you do it at the same time as they do their move (like jabs and grabs from many characters, shines).
also great for punishing laggy stuff like smashes and dash attacks out of shield

g-regulate

Smash Hero
moral of the story, dashdance camp 90% of the match and dont run into tippers

On the other hand, if marth misses like ONE thing, falcon gets a grab off and proceeds to own...marth is a huge punching bag.
\
this is all true
not if you up-b high and trick them

---
FoD i think is not that bad against marth since you can potentally live to 200% because of the high ceilings and edge cancel trick them with up-b due to platform heights. still a dum stage though
YES! upB ledge-canceling is such a great and underused tactic. literally took me a half hour in training mode to learn it consistently, everyone should practice it!
yeah but you guys should be beating ****ty-brinstar-only puffs/sheiks/peaches, even on brinstar

use the top platform, make them chase you up and down, get under them, not too tough to handle. i generally do just as well vs puff on brinstar as i do on dl64
yea jiggs dies SO fast on brinstar, falcon has the speed to chase her around
What do you guys do out of powershields?
wavedash backwards? people can still combo depending on which move you powershield. (l-cancel most moves into another fast move). if you powershield a long-lasting smash or laggy move in general, dash grab is prolly best option, punish from there
guys, how do you get around sheiks needle edgeguard? ie when she throws you off and just owns your double jump with it, at which point you have to use your up-b
just gotta switch up going low sweetspot, low fastfall sweetspot, low no-sweetspot, going high, there's a handful of options available. sheik has ridiculous edgeguard options though, so just try and counter what your opponent has a habit of doing.

i wanna go to rom but i suck majorly. too much sc2 and lol.

Top Bottom