• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I'm the only falcon main in ohio herp derp

although im like 5 hours from Columbus or Cincinnati so it doesn't really count

way out in mofuggin no mans land

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
nothing in ohio is 5 hours from columbus kanelol haha

arent you in wayvesville? like dead in between cbus and cincy?

i just moved so i guess you might be the only one

pakman and mogwai should move to the midwest where tourneys dont usually take all day, because we only have like 25 people show up

otg

Smash Master
EC tournies take forever because no one brings setups and we're typically relegated to the corner of whatever venue we are in. Also, all of our venues are ****ty and are way overpriced. Our turnouts could be sooooo much higher, but people are greedy and lazy.

Also, good **** answering your texts Wes.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
i asked this in another thread, but is it really possible to moonwalk making the nike/half circle going upwards?

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Last few pages of truths (resists to multiquote it all)

It costs me over 100$ and 9 hours traveling just to get where I need to be so I can play in a tournament on a weekend. I would have to get 1st in every event and the tourney would need a huge turnout just for me to break even. Let alone the whole group of people that come with me. lol
I drove over 60 hours total (28 there and 28 back) and spent loads just to get to Genesis, got DQ'd from all events so I could watch and hang out while doing trips to Costco with people who wanted food from there and I could get in and love that place and things like that.

Smash is amazing. I'll always play it, always encourage others to play and always teach others how.

Going to RoM, leaving my boss and band in the gutter so I can travel for this game to play in my first tournament in 1/3 of a year. (That's a long time for most, but normal for me :/) Good thing I'm getting a bit of a warmup tourney first lol.
Ditching so much stuff at such a busy time of the year and so many people need me here, but every once in a while smash has to take priority. Like everything, it has its moments, but you need to take the opportunity to take those opportunities. They'll always be there, like someone planning to travel the world and eventually gets caught up with life (family, work, etc) and can't find the time anymore. Everything comes with a choice and smash is a part of life, it needs time too. At all times, this is a part of life.
It's too good. I should really play more regularly instead of bursts though. XD

Full Jump
Down Air

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
you should never approach with falcon...against anyone. If you do apporoach do it with a nair. But what you do with marth is dd a lot and wait for him to wiff something them GRAB AND ****.

legion598

Smash Ace
so im for realz thinking about WALKING to the west coast from IL with a friend and maybe playing a tourney whilst im there. Tho the main purpose of the trip is for pure adventure

Shroomed

Smash Master
so im for realz thinking about WALKING to the west coast from IL with a friend and maybe playing a tourney whilst im there. Tho the main purpose of the trip is for pure adventure
You won't be disappointed with the lvl of competition

I can't moonwalk either =(

Sim

Smash Apprentice
When doing that half a circle rotation there make sure you fully rotate for 180 degrees, else your moonwalk will look silly.

If you can't do a moonwalk with Falcon and yet do it with others I wonder where you've been learning to do them. xD

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah you gotta drive far mogwai but people dont do that hardly at all anymore

when people do travel we get 40-50, but other than that we just have tourneys in chicago and michigan getting 25-35 people at each. i think 4 mw tournaments this year have passed 40 people, and im counting 2 that were under 45

depends on what you mean by all day too, i mean we still go like 1 or 2pm-9 or 10pm for a lot of our tournaments cause we take our time, but we move pretty quick around here generally if we need to

and yeah im driving an hour and a half tonight to get from one end of chicago to the other for a smashfest that will probably be like 4 people

Mizar

Smash Ace
is a sticky walk a similar motion for moonwalking? or completely different?
Lets say you moonwalk to the left, doing the right to left input. If you flick it back to the right in the same motion you'll sticky walk.

You might need to do the last motion a bit slower tho. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
so i did an uthrow full hop uair knee up b forward b edge guard a second ago

I'd be ok driving a few hours for a smashfest, that's just part of the job

what really sucks is that there arent even any smashfests a few hours away (aside from BRAWLOL) Seriously, the closest one to me is probably that one in chicago Big D mentioned earlier

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Link is definitely the easiest.

Edit: For me. I can't say that I have attempted it with EVERY character.

4% APR

Smash Champion
so i did an uthrow full hop uair knee up b forward b edge guard a second ago

I'd be ok driving a few hours for a smashfest, that's just part of the job

what really sucks is that there arent even any smashfests a few hours away (aside from BRAWLOL) Seriously, the closest one to me is probably that one in chicago Big D mentioned earlier
we have fests every wednesday in masillon. I know thats not real close but at least its the right state

Top Bottom