• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yesterday in a game i did the isai

downthrow->downsmash (miss) -> Raptor boost to dodge their punish -> knee destruction

felt like a ***** champ

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
its where you start walking before you drop through a platform, apparently someone in a walking animation drops faster then someone in a standing animation.

i THINK that's how it works anyways. but ya, go watch chops falco he does it with his lasers a lot.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Isai dropping is the same as shield dropping. As far as I know, he is the person who discovered it. The utililty is that is increases the speed with which you can drop through a platform. You can do it out of a run, or while you're in your shield.
Doing it is pretty difficult. [I don't know if there are other ways to do it but this is how I make it work:] You want to put your control stick towards the direction you're facing, but not 100% to the right/left--then you want to roll it down to about a 45 degree angle down/right or down/left. Do not put the stick all the way down, and do not put it all the way to the side.
I'm sorry I can't explain it better--I think it's really hard. I struggle with doing it in a shield, but I've pretty much mastered it out of a run.
Zhu is insanely good at these, Shroomed, I don't know how far you are from him but maybe he can help you?

mers

Smash Ace
Actually, Tempest is right. Isai dropping is dropping from a walk animation, which is faster than doing it from standing.

This thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273161

explains it fairly well.

Shield dropping is no faster, and much harder. The advantages of shield dropping are that you can do it from a dash, and from a shield. It's probably not called shield dropping from a dash, but whatevs.

Mizar

Smash Ace
Jeapie uses alot of waveland drops, mostly when edgeguarding on battlefield. Its really fast but now I know what it is lol.

I need to learn PC jump drop, so sick but so hard :(

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Isai dropping is the same as shield dropping. As far as I know, he is the person who discovered it. The utililty is that is increases the speed with which you can drop through a platform. You can do it out of a run, or while you're in your shield.
Doing it is pretty difficult. [I don't know if there are other ways to do it but this is how I make it work:] You want to put your control stick towards the direction you're facing, but not 100% to the right/left--then you want to roll it down to about a 45 degree angle down/right or down/left. Do not put the stick all the way down, and do not put it all the way to the side.
I'm sorry I can't explain it better--I think it's really hard. I struggle with doing it in a shield, but I've pretty much mastered it out of a run.
Zhu is insanely good at these, Shroomed, I don't know how far you are from him but maybe he can help you?
i just quoted this to show my sig.

scar when are we gonna play SC2 together? I need a training partner.

D

Deleted member

who here is going to pound 5?

seems like a lock for me outside of some horrid school situation

Top Bottom