• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Why don't falcons go for more grabs after tech chases? It's almost always followed by an aerial that misses like half the time.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Landing an aerial half the time is comparable to getting a regrab ~2/3-3/4 of the time

But the real answer is probably that falcon players like to be flashy =P
Pretty much every falcon player could benefit from using more regrabbing I think.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Wtf are you smoking silver rocks

Constantly regrab and you become m2k and then the game stops being as fun. Read minds, combo, that's what being Falcon is all about. Not grabbing

D

Deleted member

Why don't falcons go for more grabs after tech chases? It's almost always followed by an aerial that misses like half the time.
if your opponent doesn't suck then in plenty of situations they can get away from tech chase grabs

for example if you throw them next to an edge they can edgecancel it and get away easily

a common trick by seasoned vets is if your homoe opponent keeps regrabbing you is to tech in place close to an edge and edgecancel once they throw u again

IMO play however you want, i usually regrab a few times then go for an aerial since it helps me read better. keeping track of what opponents do after they get grabbed a couple times is very rewarding for getting better at the game as well as ******. by trying to react to everything with no prediction you pretty much never adapt and slow ur growth

it's also way funner to go for reads

TheGoat

Smash Ace
if your opponent doesn't suck then in plenty of situations they can get away from tech chase grabs

for example if you throw them next to an edge they can edgecancel it and get away easily

a common trick by seasoned vets is if your homoe opponent keeps regrabbing you is to tech in place close to an edge and edgecancel once they throw u again

IMO play however you want, i usually regrab a few times then go for an aerial since it helps me read better. keeping track of what opponents do after they get grabbed a couple times is very rewarding for getting better at the game as well as ******. by trying to react to everything with no prediction you pretty much never adapt and slow ur growth

it's also way funner to go for reads
Hm I see. Yeah I have little knowledge about falcon so I don't know about this advance strategies with the ledgecancel so thanks for informing me. I see falcons regrabbing sometimes, like 1:35 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuu6vWJ1SqY if only SS managed to land that last aerial. I could see falcons being even more successful like this.

So I think more falcon mains should at least try it more often and see if it leads to success. And I do know that just going for an aerial is very fun and gives a rush, but at least for me, getting regrabs and then an aerial=more ****.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
remember when roneblaster said

"scar is flashy and frequently stumbles onto ****
Darkrain is **** and frequently stumbles onto flashy"

my mind is still blown by the raw truth of this

edit: holy **** darkrain currently viewing thread 0_o

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So ya I did try Falcon a few times at the tournament I went to yesterday however, everytime I failed quite hard so I had to go back to Ganon. It happens I guess, it wasn't a Falcon day. =P

JPOBS

Smash Hero
well i don't know what to say, i swear to god "darkrain" was viewing this thread as i made that post.

what a champ.

edit: jus checked his profile
"Last Activity: Today 02:34 PM"

my post was at 1:19. definitely was him lol

Top Bottom