• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

voorhese

Smash Master
Yo what is this autocancel stuff?

I thought the only non-l-cancel was peach fc stuff?
nope moves like falco's bair finish b4 you land and have the same landing lag as just jumping and landing

rule of thumb if you see smoke after an aerial (A moves only) u should lcancel it, and if it looks more like water splashing its autocanceled, some characters are weird like puff her bair autocancels if sh non fast falled, but it still has smoke...and g&w has only 2 l cancelable aerials

Jake13

Smash Lord
Ohhh like marth's nair?

I didn't know it had a name, thanks voorhese

Anyone else like to do a double jump aerial after a short hop bair? That ****s sexy, not to mention sexxxy

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Jona made up the bair hopping thing. I cant remember what he called it. Real men do it with an uair. Ive actually baited people with that. They always try to grab me out of landing lag.

Edit: he called it a middlehop iirc

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Dear Jugglerob,

seriously?

like 2 weeks after smym?

ill try to be there. but damn son, i work part time i gonna lose a paycheck to gas.

sincerely,
ronechrister

<3 otgizzle.

also, etwist, just cause ur 13 doesnt make me old.

it just means u havent hit puberty yet.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I like how you roll, birthday boy.

Etwist can't say anything negative back to you. It would be morally wrong and an affront to the spirit of life and health.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Falcon bros, I suck against sheik!! I need some advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=FRWWQXNITjw

Keep in mind I've already taken the following into account...

I fail at jump cancelling grabs under tourney pressure

I also mess up l cancels here and there.

Basically sheik is the only thing stopping me in tourney, I wanna know what I should be doing differently about my approach etc.

Comments on things like DI and missed combo opportunities would be appreciated.<3<3

D

Deleted member

Falcon bros, I suck against sheik!! I need some advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=FRWWQXNITjw

Keep in mind I've already taken the following into account...

I fail at jump cancelling grabs under tourney pressure

I also mess up l cancels here and there.

Basically sheik is the only thing stopping me in tourney, I wanna know what I should be doing differently about my approach etc.

Comments on things like DI and missed combo opportunities would be appreciated.<3<3
ur big downfall is you ledgehop attack every single time

sometimes u gotta just barely double jump on

or if you do ledge hop attack don't go deep with it

other than that no real mistakes although this shiek is slightly jank and likes to roll randomly into you

also

dunno how different pal shiek up-throw is but you gotta DI literally everything away, including tilts, getting tilted off the stage is better than DI-ing in and then getting slapped even further, better to have a 50%~ chance to live than 0

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Yeah, I gotta stop ledgehop aerial attacking. I dunno why I do it so much, I think it's just cuz I mess up bad against sheik.

Thanks s2j and everyone else for all the tips <3 next time my vids will be of me winning.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
What's a J?
I heard a Man is like a female but sexier and stupider.
Did I do it right?
:D jkz obz >_>
don need moar infractions

FIRST POST IN FALCONAGE IN 2011 YAY

umm....

I stomp edgeguard...Jab reset > stomp...Dropzone stomp....Pivot stomp.......Full jump stomp to approach and stomp everything else...

Am I doing it rite? :D

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Im high as ****. I kept getting off in teams then suiciding my last 2 stocks and we would lose. Lolololol.

Edit omg. I preformed the best mindgames ever earlier when i was sober. Ill post it when im not on my cellphone.

Top Bottom