• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
maps definitely need work but I love reach.

arena zealot is a great addition as well as the cage. other than that the best maps are pinnacle and asylum
the poor spawn system in reach makes pinnacle and cage both pretty stupid imo.

but then again i only ever play cage in snipers... =/

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
stop talking about reach, the only thing you need to know about reach is:

better than halo 3 or ODST

not as good as halo 1 (Or 2 from what ppl tell me)

Palpi

Smash Hero
Same, I tried getting into "serious" wc3 (don't want to say competitive because I was no where close) but starcraft is way over my head. Warcraft 3 is legit =]

JPOBS

Smash Hero
apart from every single map sucking in reach,
i also hate the stupid abilities and how they change the focus of the gameplay from simply outshooting your opponent, to some distorted rock-paper-scissors crap (but not really). especially armor lock, god i hate that thing

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
dotacash? cool
I've been on Dotalisious for a bit but haven't played yet (haven't played for about 6 months but getting back into it soon)

I'm decent at literally everything but not excellent at anything...and extremely inexperienced but all of my experience is at a very high (almost best in the world type of thing) level.
It's wacky...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I've been playing for years. We should roll together, I'll help you improve (assuming I'm better)
I have a really good understanding of the game. I run league-level carries and supports. I would say I'm semi-professional at ganking, controlling lanes, map control, and strategy...and I'm pretty sure I have the best potm on uswest
lol
maybe not :p
you have skype?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Theres websites that keep track of your dota stats other than dotaallstars???

Luke you always tell people to play games with you, but yet youre always sooooo busy. Are you busy playing games or scurred of gettin that *** tapped?

Bamesy

Smash Ace
I don't but I could get it easy enough. Had ventrilo (and dota) on my bros comp but he deleted everything I put on there. XD

That would be sick. The majority of my playtime has been at an extremely high level, to the point where I actually can't keep up and have to play my absolute best just to not be a liability. With that though, I tend to adapt extremely fast despite the severe lack of experience simply because I've had so much thrown at me in such a small timeframe.

The first thing I learned in the ENTIRE game was 'proper' warding. When/how/why/etc lol...didn't know it was so backwards until much later. lol >_>

My 'sensei' is getting back into it soon too, but he's going back to his team and they're full/don't have a use for me. So if you 'took me under your wing' that would be amazing. Exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks a bunch. ;)

Pretty much where I'm at now is...I can do everything decently, but nothing exceptional. hahah
Kind of like I was at melee before getting 'mains' :p

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Theres websites that keep track of your dota stats other than dotaallstars???

Luke you always tell people to play games with you, but yet youre always sooooo busy. Are you busy playing games or scurred of gettin that *** tapped?
I am suuuuuuuper busy
it's early in the semester, not a lot of homework yet besides hours of reading every few nights
and it's free to sit at home and play dota
tournies cost mad paper + driving investment

I don't but I could get it easy enough. Had ventrilo (and dota) on my bros comp but he deleted everything I put on there. XD

That would be sick. The majority of my playtime has been at an extremely high level, to the point where I actually can't keep up and have to play my absolute best just to not be a liability. With that though, I tend to adapt extremely fast despite the severe lack of experience simply because I've had so much thrown at me in such a small timeframe.

The first thing I learned in the ENTIRE game was 'proper' warding. When/how/why/etc lol...didn't know it was so backwards until much later. lol >_>

My 'sensei' is getting back into it soon too, but he's going back to his team and they're full/don't have a use for me. So if you 'took me under your wing' that would be amazing. Exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks a bunch. ;)

Pretty much where I'm at now is...I can do everything decently, but nothing exceptional. hahah
Kind of like I was at melee before getting 'mains' :p
I play pretty much every night. Get skype asap. Free conference calls with less lag and higher quality than skype=win
you can get ahold of me on AIM at LWoodyard08
just be forewarned that I'm a bit of a perfectionist so my advice to you may come out in the forms of insults lol
It's just sort of the way it is. I learned dota by being yelled at, and I have taught others by yelling at them
for the most part it's gunna be me raging at a few buddies as opposed to you though. They know how to get me going :p

Bamesy

Smash Ace
I've never raged about anything in my life. Not even mildly. :D
I've trolled masked as rage for quality trolling though.
You might find it tough to rage at me after a while. I tend to be too lighthearted and practical that 'actual anger ragers' get confused and have actually converted to non-ragiery because of me.
I won't mind it though. :D

I don't have AIM either, I'm canaanandaian msn all the way.
Skype = win beyond reason

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Yea msn da bess. I used to use it exclusivley, but then i ran into a whole bunch of friends who didnt, so i switched to aim. But every time i open aim i shake my head. Its so ugly compared to msn.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
aim has cleaner conversations than MSN and much easier time adding people. Skype group conversations are god-tier

hubble

Smash Ace
I'm pretty good at support/gank.

I mainly play on rgc. I dont play anything other than cm.

Havent played in ~6-8 months but cm/wd/wl/vs are easy to play anyways.

My brother plays at the same level as me but carries instead of support.

Lmk about any games.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Cool hubble. We shall game sometime.
CM is so bad. I can't stand her uselessness after just like 10 minutes. LOL
I haven't played in that long either. Been keeping up with the updates though. Soon I'll get back in.
Tom plays on dotacash though, so we should collect on that and all team and see how much rages. :D

msn has video chat too, and it has legiteamous

Tomacawk

Smash Master
CM is one of my favorite heroes to play. You're probably not playing her right if you aren't enjoying it.
http://www.dotacash.com/index.php?p=tier1gameinfo&gid=995605
37 minute game and my cs was 10/5. As long as you have map dominance (earliest possible counter wards), you're free to gank/tp gank at will. This is what CM's stats should look like every game. Your team takes the farm; you give every lane control; you stay alive so people can use your aura; etc.
edit-I'm gunna play soon (5 mnutes?). Hit me up on-SoEasyItsFREElo@USWest. Or IM me on AIM @LWoodyard08.
This is my last dota related post in the falcon thread :p

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Nice cs that's amazing! hahaha
I'd be like 0/0...and spamming 100 spells just to try getting 1. jk haha (kind of)

I actually never play her. Only once, waaaay back when I was first learning. Reason being, the first thing I learned was 'proper warding' (I think I told you alread) but after seeing how 'single purpose' she was, I was turned off (despite being so turned on as I play her o.O) then I watched others use her and it just wasn't for me.

I like having her on my team, but I loooove diversity, so usually gravitate towards versitile heroes. Like BM for example, using him as a mid-game aura+stun+slow+warding+ganking hero if the game calls for it, but if not I can push lanes or whatever. You know, flexibility. Pretty much the reason I love melee. :)

Yeah I'll just let you know when I can play. hubble too. PS: Falcon is fun. :D

Top Bottom