• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

D

Deleted member

i freakin hate edgeguarding

especially dumb characters like icies where their side-b nips you for 1 damage

probably why falcon dittos are my best matchup... very hard to mess up edgeguarding there but i still manage to pull it off

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Any particular reason you use Bair most of the time instead of knee?
I think coming up from below with knee is pretty good if they're trying to side-b from above the stage because they're not really as protected from below and trading obviously favors you

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Just get under them and upair until you know the knee is gonna hit.

Or if they go real high, wait until popo stops spinning, then bring the electricity.

id have sex with ur falcon if it knew how to edgeguard.

:phone:

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
So I want to make a "basics of falcon" video. Im thinking of getting help from another experienced falcon, but I need someone who's not an ***hole. At the least, scars out. Maybe s2j or big d. If you guys are interested, send me your msn or aim.

Scar

#HarveyDent
So I want to make a "basics of falcon" video. Im thinking of getting help from another experienced falcon, but I need someone who's not an ***hole. At the least, scars out. Maybe s2j or big d. If you guys are interested, send me your msn or aim.

i wouldn't trust f-zero's guide to falcon

i never trust anyone who gets ***** and then says oh ya that guy who ***** me sucks

(i ***** him)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If you made a falcon tutorial it would be really boring.

"run around a lot, NEVER ATTACK"

"after they attack you, you hit them"

"once you hit them, keep hitting them or you'll probably die somehow"

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm not gonna lie, I don't think anyone else would do even half as good a job as Scar at making an accessible and awesome Falcon trailer that would bring in droves.... DROVES I SAY... of new players into the Melee scene playing the most awesome character for Falco to combo since Fox.

F Zero just seems salty that he's not as electrifying as The People's Champ.

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
Bob I could talk all day about how your falcon is scarbage, but I'm not gonna waste my time. Maybe Hax can help. He's not an ***hole is he?

Sorry rone, the only falcons that impress me are darkrain and hax, and you don't even see SS anymore...

Walt

Smash Ace
Bob I could talk all day about how your falcon is scarbage, but I'm not gonna waste my time. Maybe Hax can help. He's not an ***hole is he?

Sorry rone, the only falcons that impress me are darkrain and hax, and you don't even see SS anymore...

Honestly you should get info from as many of the top falcons as possible just because of how different they play. If you watch the recent SS vs Replicate match from ITT3 he pretty much only uses knee, stomp, and grab for like 2 minutes straight. Where if that was s2j he would have been nairing all damn day. Multiple perspectives is recommended.

D

Deleted member

my dude s2j is pretty impressive

btw you going to zenith? s2j
idk

maybe if socal is interested

==

regarding the video, i agree with walt, multiple perspectives is the way to go. just looking at the old roy guide on smashboards seeing 4 good roy players give their ideas about moves is cool, even if roy is poop (NEO, azen)

if i did make a guide though i'd do stuff that is universally important... maybe falcon movement, proper DI / defensive tricks

teaching offense is really the tricky part

edgegurding is gay

but yeah i'd rather make my own vids, i'm an ashole and for a guy i've never heard of you don't particularly give off a good impression

good luck on ur vid

Sangoku

Smash Master
If you guys make a good vid I would probably play falcon. I'm still hesitating between maining fox, falco or falcon, but if one of those chars gets a good tutorial video I might choose him.
From what I know s2j is good at making tutorials (at least for 64).

D

Deleted member

they're pretty amateurish but they sorta get the job done i guess

zenith is this weekend LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL can't make it for sure

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Ohh yaa, got my bus ticket in hand.. getting stuff ready tonight.. and then New York here I come! Fear the might of the warrior!
my first interpretation of this was that you'd go from montreal to ny by bus but that can't be possible... right?

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
That's exactly what I'm doing. lol. Going there is gonna take like 8-9 hours.. going back to montreal is gonna take 7 hours.
Shorter trip than I thought it'd be but still long as **** lol, myself I'll be sitting on a bus for 7 hours tomorrow to get to a smashfest/mini tournament.

On a related note I hope to one day make an epic biking trip to a tourney in central Europe, would be **** methinks.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
"Souroush doing his best Ronald Reagan impersonation. heh... Big R laughs! I said that joke and it doesn't mean anything."
I'm so glad I brought that video camera to that tournament. It was the first ever Melee tournament I went to and I ended up getting some mega prime footage =D

"He did a sweet *** ****in' F-smash charge combo and then he BUSTED him in the face with a missile. Pretty much is the greatest thing I've ever seen ever, and that's not hyperbole or an exaggeration at all."

PS: Mogwai you realize I have a Corgi right?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm so glad I brought that video camera to that tournament. It was the first ever Melee tournament I went to and I ended up getting some mega prime footage =D

"He did a sweet *** ****in' F-smash charge combo and then he BUSTED him in the face with a missile. Pretty much is the greatest thing I've ever seen ever, and that's not hyperbole or an exaggeration at all."

PS: Mogwai you realize I have a Corgi right?
brb, driving to the midwest to kill PEEF! and steal his corgi.

D

Deleted member

Bob I could talk all day about how your falcon is scarbage, but I'm not gonna waste my time.
scar would **** your mouth back into your head to stop the air from coming out of it @ this game. scar is WAY better than people ever give him credit for, both in terms of raw talent and hard work.

Top Bottom