• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Walt

Smash Ace
Who is even still doubting scar? I thought people only had any doubt back when IKM1 came out and he basically said "hey grandma want to play some melee?" then recorded him doing insane combos on old lady DI.

Scar is seriously mad good. And these days he is comboing on 2012 young baby DI doing things you would never even think of.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
I got ****ed up by a Mario recently (who wasn't Scorp a Dorp)
I feel so ashamed.

My controller didn't work game one
so i switched controllers, won game 2
and then just lost by SD game 3 :(
I still have much to learn

and I still suck :(

0Room

Smash Lord
That's why I was researching lesser known match ups.
Like my friend Foxy said

"CF is the best high tier to fight, because as much as he can destroy lower characters, they also have a really good chance of fighting back."

On a side note
PP's Mario is no joke

0Room

Smash Lord
Just remember that when it comes to low tiers, they probably practiced their worst match up a LOT.

Same thing here for me. I've practiced the sheik match up a LOT. Not to say that I'm the best in the world at it, but I'm fairly good at it.
So when people pull out a sheik just to be mean, it usually turns into them getting *****.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Just remember that when it comes to low tiers, they probably practiced their worst match up a LOT.

Same thing here for me. I've practiced the sheik match up a LOT. Not to say that I'm the best in the world at it, but I'm fairly good at it.
So when people pull out a sheik just to be mean, it usually turns into them getting *****.
I just think if I went Marth I would have had the advantage because of Marth's range and speed. Plus I've fought a LOT of Doc's with my Marth and won pretty solidly. Oh well though
no johns

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Lololol, marth for low tiers you dont have any experience against.

The copout.

Lololol, i always talk about doing it too. But there has to actually be a tournament for me to copout in.

:phone:

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
whatre the properties of uair? are there certain spots in it with preferable knock back? does it weaken? does it differ depending on if youre falling/rising? can't seem to use it correctly

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It starts strong and ends weaker
<_<

It also covers infinite space and basically combos into itself in the air
Do a falling one + Lcancel properly + run and you can get a knee on most characters on neutral / survival DI (if they're DIing away it's harder but sometimes still possible)

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Lololol, marth for low tiers you dont have any experience against.

The copout.

Lololol, i always talk about doing it too. But there has to actually be a tournament for me to copout in.
Seriously though who cares about experience, just stomp and knee the **** out of them, if you get them in the air you can uair infinity times, is there a low tier that doesn't work vs?

Pikachu is different but its also annoying as Marth from what I've seen

I guess G&W could be really annoying to fight maybe...

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
It starts strong and ends weaker
<_<

It also covers infinite space and basically combos into itself in the air
Do a falling one + Lcancel properly + run and you can get a knee on most characters on neutral / survival DI (if they're DIing away it's harder but sometimes still possible)
so there aren't parts of it that do different knockback?/ i should always try to hit the with the tip of it and there aren't any benefits to hitting them in the "center" of it?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
If you're comboing them it really doesn't matter where you hit them with ... center is probably best because you don't really want them starting farther away from you

It really doesn't matter though
Just play Falcon some more and watch videos, you'll get it when you can move faster out of your moves

Walt

Smash Ace
It really depends on what angle you want them to go at. I can't actually explain where and what part of uair sends which direction, I just know it from experience. Maybe try hitting with it at different places on marth at about 40%. Include hitting him while he's on platforms and stuff. His weight and 40%-60% should show what parts do what.

0Room

Smash Lord
completely wrong imo
Lol if you don't believe it that's up to you
It really is an opinion thing.

that was my friend's opinion, I'm not sure if I believe it myself or not.
I think it has less to do with the character and more about the person.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Ive heard plent of low tier mains say falcon is their favorite/best high/top tier MU. This was before homos like s2j and gg7 got real big though. Like back before/around genesis uno.

back when hax was still a sperm in darkrains nutsack.

:phone:

taevion0

Smash Cadet
anyone have links of falcon killin opponents w/ falcon punch during tournaments or money match with the crowd goin wild? thanks. I found only 2 in the video database

Webobular sent me here. (thx for the link but i seen that one too, still nice tho)

D

Deleted member

Lol if you don't believe it that's up to you
It really is an opinion thing.

that was my friend's opinion, I'm not sure if I believe it myself or not.
I think it has less to do with the character and more about the person.
i guesss so

probably falcon biasssssssss

i dunno falcon's n-air is almost undealable with almost half the cast, too gay and good..

D

Deleted member

most characters can't deal with n-airs

they literally can't do anything

the end

Mizar

Smash Ace
In falcon dittos upair seems to have priority over nair. You gotta do the upair fast tho cuz you'll want to hit with the first few hitboxes that are in front of you. Also baiting nairs isnt bad. If you get in range and he's flying at you with a nair, you can run away sh bair him out of it and go for the counter.

Walt

Smash Ace
Falcon dittos in tournament = nothing but grabs and techchasing

Falcon dittos in friendlies = nothing but going for knee>falcon punch

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
The reason I think Marth is better against low-tiers is because in my opinion Marth is a better character than Falcon. And I don't know if it's just MY Marth, but my Marth always does much better against low-tiers. MUCH better.

It's kinda like how people say "Why can't low-tiers rise on the tier list? The answer: Sheik."

Top Bottom