• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

D

Deleted member

we did alright, isai is obviously rusty/not attuned to current metagame but sometimes he ***** really hard

i am most happy though that he told me he had a lot of fun after we lost our losers match

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yeah, I saw the doubles video of s2j/isai vs light/dark. S2J was opening a can of $$$$ ****. Seemed like some sinergy was missing that darkrain and ss had though...

Was pretty fun to watch isai return to melee for a bit. I can see so many little things in him that has been passed down to SS. Does anyone else see that too? :S

Like little movement stuff and I'm like...oh I've seen SS do that kind of movement thing too!! That totally reminds me of Isai! etc. etc.

Windrose

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZY4WyY7MoA#t=10m01s

I...DON'T UNDERSTAND SilentSpectre's mind...... How does he do it??!? He's such a weird falcon...

I just want to listen to him narrate a game one day and like...explain what he is thinking during a match.

All I know is he likes to drink Old England beer based on that DVCRecroom video rofl.

EDIT:

Also, it's been on my mind for a while, but we should really make a new thread or update scar's old stickied thread that contains stage guide list. Some of the information might be out dated as it was written a long time ago. Also, a lot of the stages are no longer allowed like jungle japes, green greens, corneria, mute city.

The reason I mention this is because I'm often times not sure where to counter pick or what to ban anymore in matches bo3/5/7. 90% of the time, it's fountain of dreams but there's so many situations where I think about banning other stages for various reasons. ie versus peach, falco, fox, marth.

And there's not much discussion about the counter pick stages (unless 0Room has a database for it already :S)

I tried looking up stuff in search but it's pretty spread out :S Thoughts?

0Room

Smash Lord
The reason I mention this is because I'm often times not sure where to counter pick or what to ban anymore in matches bo3/5/7. 90% of the time, it's fountain of dreams but there's so many situations where I think about banning other stages for various reasons. ie versus peach, falco, fox, marth.

And there's not much discussion about the counter pick stages (unless 0Room has a database for it already :S)

I tried looking up stuff in search but it's pretty spread out :S Thoughts?
I do actually!
But right now I'm not gonna look it up lol

here's one post
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12829749&postcount=17812

Windrose

Smash Lord
What don't you understand about that part? >__>

If you mean getting MacD with the stomp as he dashed towards SS, it looks to me like he was predicting a roll there and MacD just happened to run into it instead.
I mean the part right after where he freakn just decides now is the appropriate time to just pull out a flashy sticky walk into back air.

0Room

Smash Lord
3 things
1) I'm done indexing for now, I feel like I'm getting carpal tunnel so all I have to do is go back through the beginning to page 150
2) Does isai still play with just the controlstick+a? I'm trying because my c stick is broken but it's kinda really difficult sometimes
3) Is there any way you/I can get in contact with him and ask him about random stuff?
Is that allowed?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Why wouldn't it be allowed <_< ask nicely and maybe he'll respond
He's mostly chillin' in the Smash64 forums these days as far as I can tell ... malva00 is his SWF tag

D

Deleted member

isai doesn't use c-stick i think

isai doesn't like random people (probably more like 98% of people) talking to him about melee, usually grants an instant block

if you talk to him about 64 though

i just msged him he says don't talk to him about melee pwndd

0Room

Smash Lord
I remember that from a long time ago [when I first started playing melee LOLLL], that's why I asked
If you could do me a favor though, ask him how he does SHFFL stomps with the control stick

I've gotten some convoluted way of
hold down
jump with Y
press A
Release control stick
Press down again

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
what
why wud yu wanna ask him techskill, do it whatever way you can. i mean its just shffling bro

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Maybe you should just buy a new controller
<.<

After all you need the Cstick to SCARJUMP
Gotta be able to SCARJUMP dawg
And buffer rolls and jumps
The actual important part of having a Cstick <_<

D

Deleted member

s2j yu still playin 64 alot?
haven't played for over a year, played like 4 team friendlies at genesis 2

simply like melee 50x more

==

isai doesn't want to talk about melee because he probably likes melee less than i like 64 so not gunna ask him sorry

==

if you were gunna short hop stomp though just nudge up lightly then hold down+a to stomp

certain controller sticks are way better, on my old stick it was literally impossible for me to short hop with my control stick

Windrose

Smash Lord
You should probably try to fix your c-stick... @___@

What we need is one of those cool touch screen computers like in the Minority Report with Tom Cruise for indexing...

0Room

Smash Lord
Lol s2j short hopping stomps are not hard
SHFFLing stomps is difficult
Especially on a platform when you know someone is below you

double edit: nvm misread that question, I thought you were asking why they didn't
edit:
Does anyone uthrow->uair->regrab marth or does that not really work most of the time?

Walt

Smash Ace
I jump with the stick and X, learned jumping with the stick, I literally cannot play this game if I can't shorthop with the stick and can do any shffl'd aerial with just stick+A no problem but I still spam the c-stick. 0room just hit up, hit down and A at the same time, re-press down to fast fall.

Walt

Smash Ace
Actually I feel like if I took the time to get consistent with Sheik she'd be my best character instead of my 3rd best. Some days my Sheik is hella boss, still considering getting better with her just for Falco.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yo.... yo

eat a dick yo
I also LOOVVEE rotisserie chicken!!!

Sheik has many good moves. I feel he is a pretty fast character. and he still has the stomp to knee combo except now it's like...one leg stomp to hand punch knee.

K nvm. Sheik is alright but the main problem with sheik is that he is not falcon...

Srsly though...is it alright if we make a thread on falcon stage choices and just a heavy stage discussion thing in all the little advantages and disadvantages? I've always wanted to talk about rainbow cruise....

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
So talk about Cruise
IMO it's basically completely dependent on how well each person knows the stage <_< you can be evenly matched and if you know how to abuse Cruise just a little bit better than your opponent, it's pretty much like ~_~

I CPed Copycat there and he had no idea it was legal
He beat me game 1 ... I think I JV3ed him on Cruise <_<

Cruise too cheap
It's not thaaat great if you both know the stage unless you're beating up on a Luigi or somebody with like no aerial mobility cuz then you **** them in the platforming section

Top Bottom