• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Windrose

Smash Lord
Now that we have 2 people ragging on the rest of you

Walt you live in Cali right?
Did you get any videos?

Also
On Roneblaster's IMs about Wobbles in G2
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9580183&postcount=8574

Some things never change
What do you mean when you say "2 people ragging on the rest of you?"
Also, lol @ Reneblade, didn't know he lived in same area as PEEF. That conversation is hilarious. I laughed out loud.

thx

and nope! I simply had an easier bracket, Hax had a much tougher, manlier bracket. He doesn't choke as hard as me, knows how to edgeguard, overall way better

probably gunna make a topic on falcon boards soon

@walt i thought u were pretty good and even if u did suck weiners I would not point it out like a *** face, but yeah in real life im just some weird asian kid
Yes!! please make a topic on edge guarding!!! I would love it and read it all day. Bed time story for the kids at home as well.

Also, I don't think you had an easy bracket at all.. Hax had a relatively easier bracket than most people.
http://i.imgur.com/boh0d.png
You had to Silent Wolf starting off. And ARMADA in second round....if you some how defeated Armada, your next opponent is Dr.PP. Seems like a pretty insane bracket for you imo.

Hax's bracket was relatively easier compared to most people, He had HMW, Taj, and MacD would've been his next opponent after Taj. Not taking any credits away from any of those great players but they're not impossible obstacles for Hax where as Armada and Dr. PP is much harder.

Kage had to face dr.pp in second round bracket too.

In losers bracket, Hax had it much more difficult with fly amanita and dr.pp though...

Walt

Smash Ace
s2j has no idea ho many weiners I suck

that number is going down though

gonna be like, 2 weiners soon

maybe 3

Windrose

Smash Lord
Not sure if serious. but your avatar makes me want to eat KFC so badly. I haven't had any solid food for over a month due to jaw surgery...

0Room

Smash Lord
Lol asking S2J to make a topic on edgeguarding is a bad idea
Johnny is amazing

But we all agree that his edgeguarding is the worst part of his playstyle
:troll:

D

Deleted member

dont watch me vs silent wolf or leffen when matches come out, i made the n00b mistake of not warming up and got bull**** wins vs both

that motivated me to warm up really hard and play my best for the other matches though, don't want to beat otto and go out like a punk

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
From what little footage I'd seen of Abate I assumed he was like, about as good as Vist

As in, not really deserving of the hype <_< sorry Abate (and indirectly Vist too I guess xD)

There hasn't really been a really really good Luigi since KaMaster

As for Eddy Mexico I have no idea how he manages to beat people because I watch his videos and literally cry "WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING EDDY MEXICO" every like 10 seconds, but he consistently beats notable players so I guess I have to compliment him on that

D

Deleted member

sorry to say but you are wrong

eddy is an amazing player and he gets better/smarter each time I play him. I am always impressed by how he plays and he got some great wins at pound including jeff in r3 pools

in other words, hes not, for example, a gimmick/****** peach player that wins when they shouldn't. every win is throughly deserved

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Scar had the most ridiculous 3rd pool ever. Ppu, wobbles, lovage, axe, alex19, bob$ and nirzo.
Pretty much the entire pool was like 3-3 all beating each other. Bananas.

Good job s2j congrats on ur performance.
Hax keeping it real with another top 10. Stay classy

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
sorry to say but you are wrong

eddy is an amazing player and he gets better/smarter each time I play him. I am always impressed by how he plays and he got some great wins at pound including jeff in r3 pools

in other words, hes not, for example, a gimmick/****** peach player that wins when they shouldn't. every win is throughly deserved
I didn't mean it like that haha
I just meant that when I watch him he constantly does stuff that just looks ******** / doesn't make sense at all, but the fact that he consistently beats good players means he's like ... actually really good
As opposed to a lot of Luigis who get by cheaping people out with Luigi inexperience <.<

That's all I was saying

Reading it again I guess it came out more negative than I intended to, but I really just cannot comprehend what he's doing sometimes xD
It's probably something you can't really get from watching vids of him play (Zhu said something about Eddy Mexico being super INTIMIDATING to Winston when he asked)

0Room

Smash Lord
Lol let's do it

edit:
forward's too good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgA6ihhAn7g

double edit:
Talking to Magus about edges
It's on my personal profile so I can't quote it forrizles

here's what he said
Magus420 said:
Ledgegrabbing Lag: Link (4); Everyone else (8)
Disabled Regrab Period: ALL (29)
Ledgegrab Lag + Regrab Lag: Link (33); Everyone else (37)

Ledge Invincibility: Link (33); Everyone else (37)

Only Link's is different. His edge catch lag is 4 less which is where the 4 less invincibility overall comes from. The regrab lag means the time between letting go and when you're allowed to grab an edge again.

D

Deleted member

zhu spouting off false modesty like all other false modesty asholes make me sick

maybe he is intimidated by eddy mexico though

..after he beat him 2-0 on brinstar

Vist

Smash Champion
From what little footage I'd seen of Abate I assumed he was like, about as good as Vist

As in, not really deserving of the hype <_< sorry Abate (and indirectly Vist too I guess xD)

There hasn't really been a really really good Luigi since KaMaster

As for Eddy Mexico I have no idea how he manages to beat people because I watch his videos and literally cry "WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING EDDY MEXICO" every like 10 seconds, but he consistently beats notable players so I guess I have to compliment him on that
lol mad harsh -______________________-

Brookman

Smash Hero
hey, is youtube sucking **** for anyone beside me?? the toolbar is black now and ever since that change occurred videos take forever to load. Am I doing it wrong?

0Room

Smash Lord
No they legit changed it. I don't like it, I liked being able to see how far into the video I was, but for casual viewing it's fine

Windrose

Smash Lord
I wish I could have gone
Anyone going to Apex 2012?

Also
WTF MAGUS
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5481405&postcount=44
This was sitting on PAGE 2 of this thread. And we still ask about Ledge Hop Double Laser :glare:
God damn it. There's so many TINY things to know about this game. I think most of us only know about...less than 10% about this game.... I wish Magus' brain was picked apart and summarized nicely into a wiki page so we can just...KNOW **** THAT'S IMPORTANT.

Smashboards is so hard to search through to find and piece together all the stuff.

Also... I just always crouch canceled into dtilt if i plan to cc against falco's LHDL :S. Not sure if cc-->gentlemen is better :S.

mers

Smash Ace
I watched the first match of that DGDTJ video, s2j. You're obviously better than me, but my advice for edgeguarding is GET ON THE DAMN LEDGE! You only took the ledge once, and you got the kill that time.

Isai knew what was up with Falcon edguarding.

0Room

Smash Lord
Also... I just always crouch canceled into dtilt if i plan to cc against falco's LHDL :S. Not sure if cc-->gentlemen is better :S.
It has more knockback horizontally
dtilt will knock upwards more
You could knee at higher percentages, but if you gentleman you've taken away their second jump and force them to upb
Which is BADDDDDDDDDDD for them

Top Bottom