• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

0Room

Smash Lord
Well
My controller is broken [cstick's dead] so until I get a new one I'm kind of unable to do anything except practice WDing and stuff
I mean I've played but still

And even so I saw that first post on Ganon [the huge thing about tech chasing]
and I was like holy **** we need to catalog all of this
So I'm filling up my free time with things that help other people

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
0room.

Remember to read PC jonas posts even though he sounds stupid. He was actually really good and his advice is like Mangos. It sounds stupid, but it's the truth.

Oh, and NESN00b was extremely good. Read his **** too. RIP

0Room

Smash Lord
I did but I don't feel like he said anything that remarkably different from everyone else.

And going

through his posts

like this

is annoying

and hearing

"OMFG I'M

THE BEST"

gets old

really fast

As far as NESN00b that's the part I haven't gotten to yet. I wish I had the privilege of knowing him, everyone said he was a really cool guy.

0Room

Smash Lord
Again I just don't feel like he said anything substantially different from the other posts that were around. and it's a frustrating perusal.
If you want to pinpoint the posts feel free lol
But we're on post 18448 sooooooooooooooo

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
He posted toooooo much for me to do that.

It's okay though. He said situational things most of the time anyways. Like how to bate a certain move or how to punish one or whatever.

D

Deleted member

i shouldn't post when im in a bad mood

like after reading about the zelgadis story

0Room

Smash Lord
Yes, I'm into page 419, around April of this year.
There was all kind of **** talk and MM of obscene amounts and omg the ridiculous amount of times this thread got off track
Scar was supposed to money match like 15 people for $50 or more

And yeah S2J talk about **** moves

Walt

Smash Ace
Sigh about Zel guys. Dude lives like 2 blocks from me, him and Bob$ are my main training partners. Well he was a main training partner. We just hung out walked all around our area looking for jobs last week. ****sux hard man.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I can't believe they ****ied out when they got threatened with "you know you could go to jail for this"

****in' cops. That **** works (almost) every time.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I can't believe they ****ied out when they got threatened with "you know you could go to jail for this"

****in' cops. That **** works (almost) every time.
The man from brooklyn knows how to deal with da 'poe leece'

@0Room. Holy crapanappa...... Maybe you should take your post and make it into a separate thread. Purely on falcon data.
But man....good job O_O

EDIT: 0room, do you work in the jedi archives room?

Also, what's the middle hop???

0Room

Smash Lord
No I don't work in the Jedi Archives lol
As far as the middle hop, if etwist didn't clear it up for you, think of Jigglypuff.
Bair, jump, bair->bair
that jump is the middlehop. It allows you to do 3 attacks instead of 2 and it keeps you in the air longer and it's in a nice height between full hop and short hop.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
As far as I can tell it's also like ... completely useless <_<
Maybe vs like Peach in the air or something but like, generally you want to be grounded and abusing your run speed as opposed to your obscure ability to Bair 3 times out of a shorthop

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
zhu spouting off false modesty like all other false modesty asholes make me sick

maybe he is intimidated by eddy mexico though

..after he beat him 2-0 on brinstar
He won the first match and third match I went Fox, so I wasn't that confident.

Not sure how that's fake modesty LOL.

0Room

Smash Lord
edit:
/rage controller johns

Don't lie about that Zhu, we see through your lies
Fake Modesty all day
/sarcasm
Was that set recorded?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well whatever
I was just going on 3rd hand knowledge of what Zhu said to Winston at Pound in an attempt to explain my opinion on Eddy Mexico
Completely incomprehensible by videos Eddy Mexico, apparently
<.<

0Room

Smash Lord
Hey Zhu, I just thought about this
Do you think you could tell us a little bit about your thoughts when it comes to Falco/Falcon? Like your general strategy, things you watch/look out for, etc?
It would be greatly appreciated!

crush

Smash Master
So yesterday I was doing my thing playing against the level 4 fox cpu, and while he was recovering I ran to the edge, dash attack,hold into stage, fall from dash attack, instant walljump into knee, double jump forward, and then stomp

and it was on battlefield

come at me bros.

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
How would you compare Johnny and SS? Playing style, movement, overall difficulty?
Umm... S2J shuts you down like no tomorrow and is really smart about it.. he seems like he knows exactly when to attack and retreat.. and when he attacks I couldn't seem to be able to do anything when I should be able to at least stop him but he was much faster than I anticipated so either I wasn't ready for it or it's really too fast for me to do anything. I would have loved to play him more and see if I could really do something but I guess it's too late for that for now. Definitely gayest Falcon i've ever played. He said I was gay Ganon, ya right.. lol.

SS is also really smart but I think he generally waits for you to make a mistake and then when you do, he ***** you for sure lol. He has somewhat weird movement so it can definitely throw you off at times, his positioning is really interesting. SS definitely is patient and waits for the right moment. Though in general I've had a much easier time dealing with him since he actually let me breathe and I could also have time to do my own mindgames which helps for sure.

That means I have to re-think my Falcon matchup a little bit, because if my style isn't working then there has to be something else I can do.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yeah, Zhu, we'd all love to read it. Link us when you finish the write up! PS: someone thought I was zhu/looked like you. Orientals all look alike....

On much more interesting news. I bring to you all what I thought was a very FUNNY moment in genesis 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXsJ1guEx6A#t=2m11s

(watch to the end for an epic 2v1 come back in the third match)

@Middle Hop Discussion. So THAT'S what it is. I never knew that was called middle hop. When i first heard the name "middle hop" I thought it was a jump height in between sh and fh height which I never knew you could do.

D

Deleted member

vs non top tiers you can suddenly turn up the pressure so much that they really can't do anything about it if you are smart about it

Top Bottom