• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
Yeah, that may be a reason.
If you screw up, your partner will be pissed at you. Unless it's friendlies.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yeah, people put the pressure on themselves to not disappoint their partner, when 99% of the time, the partner isn't going to be disappointed...at least that is how I feel ;)

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
I guess that's true. I normally don't get mad when my partner plays bad in teams.

Even if I know he screwed up, and I carried the team, I always say he played great. Haha.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I give constructive criticism to my partners, and I hope to receive some aswell. If you team alot with a specific person, you should strive for greatness ;)

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
I always try to help my partner and also give constructive criticism, but the last time I played teams in Melee was about 2-3 years ago...

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
lolol Zoler
now I know what you search. . . so when when I need to ask you a question about sweden or pal, it'll be 2 easy. . . "sc MM anyone?"

Also, Speaking of teams, while playing a 4 man ffa mm at evo last weekend with these randoms named luck-e and toff, I found that, for the same reason falcon is such a better char in teams, he is such an opportunist a-hole/SO GOOD in ffa. . . It's pretty obvious if you really think about it, I guess, but it's good to know there's something falcon would most likely become top tier in . . .

And meh. . . In my last post, I meant approaching with Uairs, not bairs . . . the ones that are done so fast/low that they can pick up standing foxes and falcos/marths after they bounce on the ground. I still cant do them 100% and wasnt sure if I simply needed to practice them more or if I was making them harder on myself and there was a trick to them.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
^ I don't think Falcon is necessarily a better char in teams; it's too dependent on the matchup. I feel like Falcon really has trouble vs. double space animal teams, since he has the same problems he has with getting pressured and comboed in singles, and has less room to work with than in singles.

In particular if the partner's character isn't very fast, the two space animals can rack up damage/pressure the hell out of Falcon without really committing much and still partially engaging/stalling the partner. I feel like this happens a lot with HaxBox when they fight high level spacies teams.

and about fast sh aerials.... you could consider jumping with the control stick >__>

probably not worth it, but it is a possibility as I think it's the best way by far to do fast sh uairs

D

Deleted member

general consensus: falcon is quite bad in teams and some matchups will brutalize him pretty hard

double fox annihilates him

0Room

Smash Lord
I just played CF in teams for a while
Like my friend said
all you have to do is take it slow and patient and let your partner do most of the killing

Walt

Smash Ace
-dthrow at teammate
-knee punishes from across stage
-teammate grab and hold>knee
-roll like 3 goddamn times to get out of 2v1 pressure while teammate recovers/respawns

the most basic falcon stuff in teams

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
When I played Brawl, I was somewhat good in teams in Falcon. I mostly carried the team, which is really uncommon. But in Melee, I'm horrible.

0Room

Smash Lord
Teams is really easy to be good at because again, Falcon kind of takes a back seat/supporting role to your teammate
So basically you just have to not die
which is easier because you're not the center of attention/stuff is flying around

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I don't take the backseat lol

I'm aggro as **** while my partner makes everything I do safe.

I'm very aggro, you'll know this one day 0room.

Windrose

Smash Lord
So sveet isn't asian? Damn. I was quite certain cuz he played fox too!!! =(

Yeah wenbo lol you're pretty asian. So is winston. I can sense it in you guys.

The least asian asian in this thread is s2j. I thought he was black for the longest time until a video on youtube mentioned s2j being asian....

========================================================================================

i think playing the SS style is very good in teams. Lots of double jump/full jump knees.

I've been playing a lot of double falcon lately in teams. every random team mate i find played falcon rofl.

It can go amazingly well and just rofl **** or get *** ***** real bad.

you can do all these funny combos taht you could never do as a single falcon.

like stomp-->knee at low percents...uthrow-->knee at really low percents...

Sometimes everything just works out so well when you and your partner have good synergy in falcon teams.

And then once you play against people who are good, you get your a$$ handed back to you in apple slices.

D

Deleted member

bread and butter.

stomp under plats vs floaties can lead to easy tech chases for falcon punch ;]

s2j how big is your **** list now??
sooooooooo drunk

lost russian roulettte

and ssnuck shots

ands drank 2 40s

my list

is a secret htough

ewtsit for some weird reason wants to be on it so bad

out of spite and because hes really not that ghey

not gunna ut him on it

in truth though

almost NO melee players are on it

even palpi

palpi i dont even hate even if he says some weird stuff

but there are some melee players..

D

Deleted member

@windrose

i'm asian by birth

but really im american in reality

i have nothing but contempt for the chinks at all the schools i been to

slaves to fuking parents that want tthem to be 4.0 gpa nerds that only have top tier degrees and virgins for life

nothing but hate

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
So sveet isn't asian? Damn. I was quite certain cuz he played fox too!!! =(
i used to say i was asian at heart, but that was back when i was more into anime/manga. I still prefer the cuisine for some reason, often times getting sushi on my meal break instead of a burger.

Top Bottom