• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Windrose

Smash Lord
what about the fobby asians that just slack all day, smoke, drink and party with chicks like these?

(decided not to post link of tumblr with many hot asian girls even though it's safe for work)

Brookman

Smash Hero
what about the fobby asians that just slack all day, smoke, drink and party with chicks like these?

(decided not to post link of tumblr with many hot asian girls even though it's safe for work)
you should share.

Also, Etwist is infintely gooder than renalbaster

Walt

Smash Ace
I look white as hell but my dad is so dark I thought he was black until I was like 8. Turns out he's Panamanian.

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
I'm what's called in Puerto Rico "trigueño", which means you're half black, half white.

But I feel like more of a white person inside. lmfao.

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
Haha. Yeah, I don't know alot of people like that, I'm the only one in my family that's trigueño.

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
Never actually seen it. But maybe it's because he was so close to the ledge? I honestly have no idea.

mers

Smash Ace
Yeah, **** happens to me way too often. I also overuse raptor boost though.

Also, stomp to stomp is so good when knee won't kill and your opponent knows how to not get comboed.

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
I tend to overuse Raptor Boost quite a lot too because I used to main Falcon in Brawl as well.

But since I don't play Brawl anymore, I'm getting used to not using it as often, except for comboing.

0Room

Smash Lord
Air Dairs are kind of bad lol
They have so little horizontal range until the feet are fully extended

dair->single hit nair->grab is so good

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yeah, I would've also guessed ETWIST was white.

I think 0Room is asian too now...something he did on another thread made me believe this...

@brookman, can't share these things home slice. Remember the tomacawk and Nando! (even though my link is sfw).

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
I don't know if this works on Melee but in Brawl you could do a First Hit Nair -> Jab -> Grab with Falcon.
Still don't know since I've rarely played Melee lately.

You could also mix it up by doing:
First Hit Nair -> Jab -> Jab -> Grab
First Hit Nair -> Grab
First Hit Nair -> Jab -> Up+B

You get the idea.

0Room

Smash Lord
Well the thing about the jab is that jab->grab isn't guaranteed at all
The only way it works is if your opponent panics and shields

Which as you get up into the ranks is a very rare occurrence
In my experience, you basically want to make your combos as short as possible.
As your opponents get better, their DI gets better, and your combos will stop working and you'll have to regrab/do something else
Though as we've talked about nobody DIs perfectly all the time, you just need to make it as few hits as possible to get them off stage asap

Windrose it was probably this
I'm asian :awesome:
Though it was sarcastic
I'm just a Caucasian male

FireFly

Smash Lord
Yeah, I would've also guessed ETWIST was white.

I think 0Room is asian too now...something he did on another thread made me believe this...

@brookman, can't share these things home slice. Remember the tomacawk and Nando! (even though my link is sfw).
lmao @ tomacawk. I personally asked DJ about the history behind that name since I came up with that gamertag a few years before that even started to pop up in commentary. He just said he came up with it, no reason specifically.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Half nair --> Grab is definitely legit.

While we're kind of on the subject:

I legitimately thought Scar was black until I met him at one of the SPOCs.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Scar is soooooooo not black.

I was not expecting him to be the way he is when I met him.

I thought he's be drinkin cow blood without a shirt on or some ****.

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
Haha. First time I saw him was in the Pound Top 48 video or something like that. Didn't think he'd look that either.

:phone:

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
Yeah that's true. Most of the smash players here in PR look nothing like I expected, and they thought the same about me.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Do you know lord hdl and eval? I know eval really well

There aren't any cool looking players except michel tang and maybe zhu on a good day irl. Tope looks like he has kids or something. I estimate his age is thirty one

0Room

Smash Lord
I was in an elevator with Tope and a bunch of people at Pound V after going to put the car away
They spent the elevator ride talking about how someone had left their room to go put their car away and knew what room we were in

They had no idea who we were
I was scared as ****

Mokumo

Smash Ace
I used to think mew2king was a huge black guy >.>

How do I beat luigi? The one tip I got was to camp bairs, but that's just being campy and really matchup specific. Never played a really good luigi before until earlier today

Top Bottom